**~~Toronto ladies, where do you buy your products??~~**

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Bumping and saying THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! to LaPetite for compiling the list of info. I have bookmarked it for my use...really helpful.

Vegetable glycerine: I usually buy vegetable glycerine at Walmart or Shoppers Drug Mart. It can be found at Walmart in the Pharmacy and at Shoppers, near the Allergy medications (or ask the pharmacist for it). It is sold in a plain looking, brown medicine type bottle.

Honeyfig.com carries Jamaican Black Castor Oil, if you plan on ordering products anyway

Beauty Supply - Dowtown Toronto - Cosmetic World - 623 Yonge Street (north of Welleslley subway)- Paul Mitchell, Aveda, salon supplies, makeup etc.

Naturelle

Just wanted to know if anyone has seen shea butter shea moisture leave in conditioner anywhere in toronto? Ive seen it online at sistasplace but i dont' want to pay for shipping

There is a place in Kensington Market that sells all the products from this line. It's owned by a rastafarian under the hair salon...sorry forget the exact details but that's where I get some of my soaps and shea butter from.

I bought that stuff before when I started my natural hair care journy and hated. Now I'm gonna revisit it. I think I understand better how to use products to maximize the benefits.

The best place to get raw shea butter is another place in Kensington market besides the little cafe. Great!

There is now a Honey Fig Store located at Yonge and Sheppard. S the JBCO, Miss Key, UBH etc. All those hard to find products you usually have to order and pay heavy shipping for, they have at their store. Great products and customer service!

Kurlee

There is a place in Kensington Market that sells all the products from this line. It's owned by a rastafarian under the hair salon...sorry forget the exact details but that's where I get some of my soaps and shea butter from.

I bought that stuff before when I started my natural hair care journy and hated. Now I'm gonna revisit it. I think I understand better how to use products to maximize the benefits.

The best place to get raw shea butter is another place in Kensington market besides the little cafe. Great!

There is now a Honey Fig Store located at Yonge and Sheppard. S the JBCO, Miss Key, UBH etc. All those hard to find products you usually have to order and pay heavy shipping for, they have at their store. Great products and customer service!
Yup! They have curls, Blended Beauty, Oyin, CD, Miss Jessie's, Jessicurl! U want it, they got it!

larry3344

i favourited this thread but never read the whole yhx again for the info. I was also wondering if you ladies making a long list of all these stores into a sticky so all the info is compiled into one and can be updated as often as possible. We can have people represent each province and they can list all the stores or places that they know that sells hair products. I started a thread but I think I'll make another one that just has a list of all the places. What do y'all think?!

Khadija.D.Carryl

I think that's a great idea. Also it would be a large list because people buy a variety of products. But somehow keeping it as a sticky to be updated easily would be great!

You could add the Henna Sooq for the province of Ontario.

wontonfm

Does anyone know where I can find Affirm Relaxer in Toronto. I know that Shades of Beauty carries it but you need a license to buy it. I'm looking for a place that doesn't require a license.

THANKS!

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Does anyone know where I can find Affirm Relaxer in Toronto. I know that Shades of Beauty carries it but you need a license to buy it. I'm looking for a place that doesn't require a license.

THANKS!

West End: There is a Korean owned beauty supply at Keele & Sheppard (not sure of name), but it is in the plaza near the CIBC. I bought it there about 4 yrs ago and they did not ask for a license - not sure if they still carry it though, but if you are in the area it might be worth a try. Good luck.

wontonfm

Thanks Lisaa. Was it ON Keele? If it's on Keele it's probably Beauty Supply Warehouse and they don't carry it :( Was it a really big store?

Bnster

What an awesome find! I have a contribution to the list to where to find products in Ontario. My megatek find sold at a salon.

2 HOT BLONDES
7724 Yonge St. Thornhill, Ontario.

The salon only uses the megatek line on their clients and these are all YT Ladies.
The owner is awesome she gave me a whole bunch of samples of the product line when I made my purchase last year. I need to go back and buy me some more MT coat rebuilder. I also bought the conditioner which is so rich and creamy.

I need your help and I hope you ladies can assist me.
1) Has anyone found JBCO $20 CAD cheaper than at Honeyfig in Ontario, where and how much?

2) Hair steamers, where in the GTA can I buy one? Else I will have to go online and make my purchase.

Awesome post!

Thanks!

Bnster

T.O. Ladies please add any updates to this thread even though if you can't help me with my questions above. TIA.

Ruby True

Bummpping
Shipping is killing me,:nono: sometimes it almost as much or more than the product.
Tropic isle website has Fabulous and Natural 3355 the college way, #2 Mississauga as a supplier but I haven't checked it out yet.
Honeyfig was also listed as an Afroveda supplier but everytime I try to get there something pops up. Has anyone else checked out these places?

UGQueen

i agree with u ladies,
i live in cleveland now but im moving back to toronto in TWO weeks im super excited, but im not so excited about the difficulty of getting products,
so ive started stocking up,

i bought my steamer today, and ive been ordering a bunch of products, hopefully they'll last me until my next visit.

hopefully we find an easier and cheaper alternative

Bnster

I just emailed Tropic Isle to see if they have other distributors.

So far we know that - for

Tropic Isle Products
Honeyfig - located at Yonge and Sheppard, Toronto, ON $20 CAD
Fabulous & Natural - located @ Winston Churchill Blvd and Burmhamthrope Rd W, Mississauga, ON $?? CAD

Received an email response back from Tropic Isle today May 4 2010, not very helpful
you may contact Fabulous and Natural @ 905-593-0595. Well there goes a list of places where it can be purchased in Canada.

Maybe some T.O. can add to the list.

Last edited:

Bnster

For Canadian ladies those that have a steamer or stumbled upon them while beauty shopping, where can the steamers be bought in Canada? Or did you order it from the states?

UGQueen - lucky you! Enjoy your steamer!

hair4today

For Canadian ladies those that have a steamer or stumbled upon them while beauty shopping, where can the steamers be bought in Canada? Or did you order it from the states?

UGQueen - lucky you! Enjoy your steamer!

Bnster - if you're still looking for a hair steamer, you should try House of Beauty. Paid $139 CAD for mine. Best hair purchase evaaah. :yep: Anyhow, there are 2 locations, Malton (Derry & Goreway) and Brampton (Queen & Rutherford). Got my steamer at the Malton store. They have a website www.Myhouseofbeauty.com. HHG!

Cisselette

Bnster - if you're still looking for a hair steamer, you should try House of Beauty. Paid $139 CAD for mine. Best hair purchase evaaah. :yep: Anyhow, there are 2 locations, Malton (Derry & Goreway) and Brampton (Queen & Rutherford). Got my steamer at the Malton store. They have a website www.Myhouseofbeauty.com. HHG!

I'm so happy I think I'm gonna cry ! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Also, I'm about to move to Ottawa, does anyone know where I can find good hair care products there?

GREAT THREAD!

metro_qt

I'm so happy I think I'm gonna cry ! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Also, I'm about to move to Ottawa, does anyone know where I can find good hair care products there?

GREAT THREAD!

MAMA Cee's on St Laurent is a good start, 1 block from Donald St.
That will get you going with your basic supplies until you find other hair shops

Bnster

Thank you, thank you and thank you, I know the Malton store! I will check them out. Sadly, I have to hold off buying one for now, but when I am ready I know where to go. Thanks a million Hair4today!

NaturalLibra

I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to say thanks so much for this link! I've been really wanting a steamer and it seemed like everywhere online either looked shady or didnt ship to Canada. I'm still attempting an online listing I found for one (salon going out of business I guess) but if it doesn't work out I'm definitly getting this, the shipping isnt bad at all since I have no way to get out there.

TeeMartini

Hello ladies! Iam new here and just love this forum.... I know this is abit of an old thread, but does anyone in Toronto (anywhere in GTA) know where I can purchase the Alter Ego garlic Conditioner(not online shipping is crazy)? I have just begun using MT and need to stop this shedding!!!!! I have read on this forum that this conditioner really helps.

Bnster

TeeMartini I don't know where you can get Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner not online. I'm also interested in finding that out.

But noted that you are using MT, where did you get yours? I got mine at 2 Hot Blondes salon at Yonge & Center St. Just interested in knowing. I paid $48 plus tax.

TIA!