Don't shoot the messenger!

naturalgurl

Well, how do I begin? Why is it that whenever someone asks a question about something and you answer, they end up interrogating you? I especially find this when it comes to natural remedies. Whether it be about hair or health. People will take hyped up stuff and believe what ads or the tv tell them. You tell them a natural way and now you're being scrutinized. If maybe I bottle up some crap and say millions like it then they'll believe! I'm not preaching that natural is the way but don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer. If you want debate then say so up front...

Then again, people don't like natural stuff, at least not many. Where are the hippies????

CenteredGirl

You are not alone. I feel like a bark eater sometimes.:lachen:But hey, the ultimate proof of good stuff is on your head!

ImFree27

because people beleive in fantasies and they want everything easy, like diet fads and hair growing fads, nothing will make u lose a lot of weight without harming you in the end. Being Natural is too simple for people, they want something extravegant. Like Herbs, fruits, and veggies wont do them anygood. everything is made on hype, if one person is doing it then everybody else wants to because its a fad like its the style..

naturalgurl

because people beleive in fantasies and they want everything easy, like diet fads and hair growing fads, nothing will make u lose a lot of weight without harming you in the end. Being Natural is too simple for people, they want something extravegant. Like Herbs, fruits, and veggies wont do them anygood. everything is made on hype, if one person is doing it then everybody else wants to because its a fad like its the style..

You hit it right on the head! What did people do before all of these conglomerate money making companies? Natural stuff! Why is it when you give a natural remedy it's suddenly "dangerous" or "you'd better be careful because I heard..." But fill a bottle up with stuff they can't pronounce, get a few people who swear buy it and sell it for a high price and what do you know! You have a following! Most things out there have the natural stuff in it mixed with stuff that'll either harm you or create no effect. I think people ask me these things just to make fun of me like I'm too poor to buy the crap they uphold! I think my hormones are flaring up, off to take some maca root or should I take fake hormones they sell by prescription????

Eisani

I'm just hippy, but it has nothing to do w/me being a hippie :lachen:nice and "sturdy" is what an old man called me :ohwell: Anyhoo, some people are just less open/receptive to anything that deviates from what the deem normal-which is SO relative...don't even get me started. I've been told I was Bohemian -chic (whatever) and a borderline hippie. So what. I like all-natural products, and not just for my hair but whether it's from da earf or the factory, I do my own research! I think this is so important. If a person took it upon themselves to do a bit of research, I think we'd have a lot more intelligent questions being asked and people wouldn't be so quick to interrogate the person who so graciously took the time to answer in the 1st place. That way you can compare/swap notes. I hate when someone asks a question and want a point-by-point answer including ingredients/product interactions/toxicity levels, etc...LOOK IT UP!! That's like getting the nerd at school to do all of your homework :brainy:. Before you ask a bunch of questions, use the search feature or better still, Google that ish. *Did I just go OT a lil bit?* :lachen:

Hippie checking in. I go the natural route because I think that all the chemicals they are putting in stuff is the reason people are all messed up in the first place; fighting nature instead of working with it. That's JMO. My mom is even turning to organic food, even though it costs her more to do so. I don't know where people get the idea about being cheap from. Shoot, unless you grow the stuff you're using (which we do--at least some of it), it can cost MORE to be organic. Again, that's JMHO:look:

naturalgurl

I'm just hippy, but it has nothing to do w/me being a hippie :lachen:nice and "sturdy" is what an old man called me :ohwell: Anyhoo, some people are just less open/receptive to anything that deviates from what the deem normal-which is SO relative...don't even get me started. I've been told I was Bohemian -chic (whatever) and a borderline hippie. So what. I like all-natural products, and not just for my hair but whether it's from da earf or the factory, I do my own research! I think this is so important. If a person took it upon themselves to do a bit of research, I think we'd have a lot more intelligent questions being asked and people wouldn't be so quick to interrogate the person who so graciously took the time to answer in the 1st place. That way you can compare/swap notes. I hate when someone asks a question and want a point-by-point answer including ingredients/product interactions/toxicity levels, etc...LOOK IT UP!! That's like getting the nerd at school to do all of your homework :brainy:. Before you ask a bunch of questions, use the search feature or better still, Google that ish. *Did I just go OT a lil bit?* :lachen:

I think this is what makes our type "earthy". I've been dubbed as Earthy a lot. I like natural things period. Like you said, whether with hair or whatever. Actually doing natural things with my hair is the newest. I've always drank liquid chlorophyll, green tea, taken flaxseed oil, borage oil, drink Fruits of Life Super Green foods, etc. etc. I also eat stuff I shouldn't so I'm not militant or a holier than thou. It's people that try to put the perception upon me. As loving and easy going as I am, I have no time to convert. But people ask and then accuse you of trying to sway them. Trust me, I don't care how you treat your colon, hair or skin. I'm just telling you what I do to mine!:ohwell:

la mosca

Well, how do I begin? Why is it that whenever someone asks a question about something and you answer, they end up interrogating you? I especially find this when it comes to natural remedies. Whether it be about hair or health. People will take hyped up stuff and believe what ads or the tv tell them. You tell them a natural way and now you're being scrutinized. If maybe I bottle up some crap and say millions like it then they'll believe! I'm not preaching that natural is the way but don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer. If you want debate then say so up front...

Then again, people don't like natural stuff, at least not many. Where are the hippies????

I know exactly what you mean. And when you have kids, it just gets worse. (Don't even get me started on breastfeeding, etc.)

adw425

I am definitely a hippie. My friends, family and colleagues used to look at me sideways when I started spouting natural/holistic methods and remedies and I do admit that I did natural things for my dogs first before I did them for myself -- (one was diagnosed with Cushings disease at eight years old and one with congestive heart failure at eight years old and I researched natural remedies with a vengeance and gave them not only added years, but excellent quality of life, when the vets said they would only live a few months, and they never got the opportunistic/negative health conditons that should have come along with their respective diseases, but I digress...) -- but now they are coming to me daily for consultation as their hair and overall health worsen. They also send their friends to me now, too. I spend lots of time with them going over my research on, say, natural apple cider vinegar or spirulina or aloe vera or flaxseed oil or olive leaf extract, etc. or why having a water filter is important, why they should limit their exposure to chemicals and foods that contain growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrates, et al and encourage them to do their own research as well and give them lots of resources so that they can get comfortable doing their own research and coming to an informed decision.

I hear you, though, some people are so resistant to what I call the good stuff and will put the bad stuff on and in their bodies in a heartbeat and wonder why they feel bad. I could go on and on....I see all those drug commercials on television and, in a 30-second commercial, the side effects (including worsening of the disease, liver disease, kidney failure and cancer) take up 20 seconds and my eyes cross and my head starts hurting. There is one commercial that I see every morning on acid and I think, "how about taking some natural apple cider vinegar, people!!!" It makes me crazy... Like I said, I could go on and on, but I won't...

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Tell me about it. People say to me "Hey Jo'(my name) any berries or twigs today?"

Hey - Little sis - fellow hippie here. Don't worry about the haters..... when your hair is as long as ever - they will come runnin' for help.......:yep:

I frankly got tired of defending my organic and natural position.

People are now asking me how my hair got so long..on the boards and in person..Imagine that!!!!