Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Thanked 2,419 Times in 420 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Default Re: Can you freeze a relaxer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprungonhairboards View Post
Why is it amazing?

Relaxer is sitting on the shelf at room temperature for goodness knows how long before you buy it. It's not like it's vacuum sealed before you open it either so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Yes,unused relaxers are sitting on the shelf, To think of a partially used relaxer sitting at room temperature after being programmed to believe to disgard any leftover relaxers is amazing to ME.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

I keep my relaxer in the refrigerator for up to a year. I put the purchase date on the outside of the container. That has worked fine for me.
I have only done that with lye relaxers.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

Quote:
She never answered if she meant lye or no lye. So I assumed she meant lye. If she meant no-lye, the only kind that you have to mix, and mixed it, froze it and didnt go bald, now THAT would be amazing.
buah ha ha....girl u crazy! i've always used a no-lye with no problem but it was always put in the fridge or the freezer...i used lye once and for me lye burns my scalp as soon as i put one on and that was right after purchasing one.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaD04 View Post
i think it's because it's when buy a kit, it's not mixed so when u add the activator a person who doesn't keep their relaxers that long would find this amazing since they're only suppose too be good for up to 4 hrs. but for those who do keep 'em longer than the 'activation time' wouldn't think nothing of it. not comparing to a premixed relaxer especially those that are in tubs. these may have (different) preservatives so that they can sit on shelves for x amount of time...i don't think she ment anything by this...jmo

THANK YOU, before I started to educate myself on relaxers, I used many no Lye relaxers that instruct you to disgard any remaining relaxer. So now that I'm learning about Lye relaxers and the differences between lye and No lye relaxers it is amazing to me. Not to mention ,I'mjust excited to be on this board learning and interacting with you ladies. Now if my Original question was a silly newbie question apologize.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxdreams View Post
THANK YOU, before I started to educate myself on relaxers, I used many no Lye relaxers that instruct you to disgard any remaining relaxer. So now that I'm learning about Lye relaxers and the differences between lye and No lye relaxers it is amazing to me. Not to mention ,I'mjust excited to be on this board learning and interacting with you ladies. Now if my Original question was a silly newbie question apologize.
no question is a newbie question...well not to me anyway, i say no one will know unless they ask or just plain google the he// out of stuff they just want to know. Usually the boxes will say what's in it...girl take that box and educate urself...trust me, i google ingredients all the time and it blows me away of what i can find that can be caustic, is caustic, and have no proof of being caustic. so for anything u need, never kep quiet, a closed mouth doesn't get fed!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
buah ha ha....girl u crazy! i've always used a no-lye with no problem but it was always put in the fridge or the freezer...i used lye once and for me lye burns my scalp as soon as i put one on and that was right after purchasing one.
Oh okay, see I have never saved left over no-lye after it's been mixed. Shoot I use Phyto and that stuff is $60 so if I don't think I'll use it all I just take what I need out of the jar and use less activator and save the rest for next time. Now that I know you can mix it all and store it in the fridge I MAY try it. Nah probably not
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Oh okay, see I have never saved left over no-lye after it's been mixed. Shoot I use Phyto and that stuff is $60 so if I don't think I'll use it all I just take what I need out of the jar and use less activator and save the rest for next time. Now that I know you can mix it all and store it in the fridge I MAY try it. Nah probably not
yup i've done that with a no-lye...mix half and use only that portion. girl, don't get lazy u know what works 4 u. i never used phyto so can't speak on that.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
no question is a newbie question...well not to me anyway, i say no one will know unless they ask or just plain google the he// out of stuff they just want to know. Usually the boxes will say what's in it...girl take that box and educate urself...trust me, i google ingredients all the time and it blows me away of what i can find that can be caustic, is caustic, and have no proof of being caustic. so for anything u need, never kep quiet, a closed mouth doesn't get fed!
Girl I apologize but I won't stop,I'm sure I have plenty of questions left in me.Now that I'm here I plan on absorbing this wealth of knowledge no matter what.as for googlingand researching yep I'm right there with you,it is amazing(my new favorite word) how they sneak dangerous chemicals into everything.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

I've done this in the past and friends still do with mixed no-lye relaxers.

They still work just fine but they have a stronger chemical smell when you use them again, other than that though it's really the same.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxdreams View Post
Girl I apologize but I won't stop,I'm sure I have plenty of questions left in me.Now that I'm here I plan on absorbing this wealth of knowledge no matter what.as for googlingand researching yep I'm right there with you,it is amazing(my new favorite word) how they sneak dangerous chemicals into everything.
okay! folks are only out for one thing and that's money! 'some people' already think we don't read what we buy...but slowly but surely that's changing. people are catching on even with the "natural" products. man, folks ain't lying when they say hair care is a full time job. i just emailed mountain rose herbs the other day for their tea tree...to make sure it's really tea tree, ok that's off topic but u get my drift, tee hee!