Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb HORSETAIL BUTTER FOR HAIR AND NAIL GROWTH

Hi Ladies,

Like many of you, I work a full time job but I have another full time gig and that is hustlin for hair growth tips. I recently ordered a tub of horsetail butter. I plan on using this butter along with my beloved neem oil, jojoba, coconut oil and tea tree oil as a growth pomade and I will be tracking my success if any. Here is why I am interested in Horsetail butter and why you may be too:

Horsetail
Many people believe that horsetail can help speed up [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]hair [COLOR=blue! important]growth[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. The reason is because of silica, which is also known to speed up the growth of nails. Because it contains silica and minerals, horsetail often is used to strengthen bone, hair, and fingernails -- parts of the body that require high mineral levels.
Horsetail is also purported to help heal dandruff, get rid of scalp build-up and reduce hair loss. Adding strength to hair and split ends. Horsetail is one of the few herbs that has styptic properties and can stop bleeding almost instantly.

Uses:

For Skin and Hair
  • In face spritzers to give skin a firm & smooth look & feel.
  • Improves elasticity of both hair & skin this is due to the high levels of cysteine (used to condition hair & skin)
  • Helps to eliminate excess oil from skin & hair. (Great herb for those with over active sebaceous glands)
Due to the presence of silicic acid Horsetail is also known to strengthen connective tissue as well as increase the skin & scalp's defences.

Other uses:
  • Herbal footbaths (after a hard workout at the gym...and RELAX..)
  • Acne (used as a facial spritzer or infused with Golden Jojoba Oil)
  • In cold or hot compresses for achy muscles
Horsetail is GREAT as an herbal infusion when used in conjunction with Rhassoul Clay.

So here we can see the benefit of another natural herb that has many uses and many benefits. I invite you to see how it can benefit you..and this has been your "Hustle of the Day" brought to you by Hustler's Anonymous...LOL!

Last edited by HairHustla; 04-21-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fonts seem to be mixed up.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:09 PM

Thanked 1,380 Times in 507 Posts
Mentioned: 516 Post(s)
Tagged: 44 Thread(s)
Default Re: HORSETAIL BUTTER FOR HAIR AND NAIL GROWTH

where are you getting it??
Old 04-21-2008, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairHustla View Post
Hi Ladies,

Like many of you, I work a full time job but I have another full time gig and that is hustlin for hair growth tips. I recently ordered a tub of horsetail butter. I plan on using this butter along with my beloved neem oil, jojoba, coconut oil and tea tree oil as a growth pomade and I will be tracking my success if any. Here is why I am interested in Horsetail butter and why you may be too:

Horsetail
Many people believe that horsetail can help speed up [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]hair [COLOR=blue! important]growth[/color][/color][/color]. The reason is because of silica, which is also known to speed up the growth of nails. Because it contains silica and minerals, horsetail often is used to strengthen bone, hair, and fingernails -- parts of the body that require high mineral levels.
Horsetail is also purported to help heal dandruff, get rid of scalp build-up and reduce hair loss. Adding strength to hair and split ends. Horsetail is one of the few herbs that has styptic properties and can stop bleeding almost instantly.

Uses:

For Skin and Hair
  • In face spritzers to give skin a firm & smooth look & feel.
  • Improves elasticity of both hair & skin this is due to the high levels of cysteine (used to condition hair & skin)
  • Helps to eliminate excess oil from skin & hair. (Great herb for those with over active sebaceous glands)
Due to the presence of silicic acid Horsetail is also known to strengthen connective tissue as well as increase the skin & scalp's defences.

Other uses:
  • Herbal footbaths (after a hard workout at the gym...and RELAX..)
  • Acne (used as a facial spritzer or infused with Golden Jojoba Oil)
  • In cold or hot compresses for achy muscles
Horsetail is GREAT as an herbal infusion when used in conjunction with Rhassoul Clay.

So here we can see the benefit of another natural herb that has many uses and many benefits. I invite you to see how it can benefit you..and this has been your "Hustle of the Day" brought to you by Hustler's Anonymous...LOL!

I have rhassoul clay on my to buy list. thanks for sharing this. how much should be added?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Conditioner Junkie

Thanked 1,634 Times in 566 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 29 Thread(s)

well let me know how it works out!!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonergirl View Post
where are you getting it??
Hi,

I get it from mountainroseherbs(pretty much everything else too) it comes in a clear tub already mixed and full to the brim. I am overseas so I pretty much have to order everything online which hurts the pockets but helps the hair!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigurl18 View Post
well let me know how it works out!!
I sure will! The only thing I hate is that it is such a looooong journey but worth it!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)

I've also heard that horestail is good for growth. I bought some of the herb a while ago. I was going to put it in my recent scalp spray, but stopped because I thought I had too much stuff in there. I guess I'll have to wait untill the next batch.

I didn't know they had a butter out of it. I wonder how they did it. Do the ingredients just list horsetail butter? or is it horsetail plus a carrier oil?

Lys
Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlyssa View Post
I've also heard that horestail is good for growth. I bought some of the herb a while ago. I was going to put it in my recent scalp spray, but stopped because I thought I had too much stuff in there. I guess I'll have to wait untill the next batch.

I didn't know they had a butter out of it. I wonder how they did it. Do the ingredients just list horsetail butter? or is it horsetail plus a carrier oil?

Lys
Hi there,
I found that I gave the wrong site earlier it was wholesalesupplies that I got it from and they just started carrying it. Here is some information about it:

This blend contains Horsetail, believed to contain the building blocks needed for collagen and elastin synthesis in the skin and hair. Horsetail is also thought to help rebuild and regenerate damaged skin cells. This blend also contains Sweet Almond Oil, a natural moisturizer that is thought to relieve (among other things) itching.

This blend has the natural aroma of herbal horsetail.

INCI Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil (and) Equisetum arvense extract (and) Hydroge­nated Vegetable Oil.

To make it yourself, which I may try to do I got the horsetail herbs from mountainrose and lotioncrafter has a make-it-yourself butter kit called Butter-EZ. You would need to take the herbs and soak them in a carrier oil for a couple of days then drain off the new oil using a funnel and coffee filter then take the oil and blend it with the butter-ez. Then you would have your own horsetail butter!!!! I am going to make my own when I use up the one I bought since I have the herbs too. I also have lavender herbs and calendula...calendula is excellent for problem skin or overall skin and hair care. Hope this helps!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)

It doesnt surprise me that the horsetail butter would be good for growth, as many women here have gotten nice progress thru the horsetail/silica vits. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiniKakes View Post
It doesnt surprise me that the horsetail butter would be good for growth, as many women here have gotten nice progress thru the horsetail/silica vits. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Hi there,

I just wanted you to know that your picture was one of the main ones that encouraged me to join this board I said to myself, "if she can do it, why can't I". I viewed some of your articles and I am so very proud of your progress. I will be sure to let you know how things go and I want my hair to be just like yours when it grows up! It is such a blessing that we can uplift eachother in ways that we may not even expect!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)

Quote:
Hi there,

I just wanted you to know that your picture was one of the main ones that encouraged me to join this board I said to myself, "if she can do it, why can't I". I viewed some of your articles and I am so very proud of your progress. I will be sure to let you know how things go and I want my hair to be just like yours when it grows up! It is such a blessing that we can uplift eachother in ways that we may not even expect!
Aww, thank you so much HH! That makes me feel so good! Each of you inspires me similarly each day, which is why ive been a member here for as long as i have. I lubs ya'all!!!

Happy Hair Growing to you, lady!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Thanked 1,380 Times in 507 Posts
Mentioned: 516 Post(s)
Tagged: 44 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 AM

Thanked 39,338 Times in 8,280 Posts
Mentioned: 1027 Post(s)
Tagged: 37 Thread(s)

How are you using the horsetail butter?

On the scalp?

On the hair itself?

On both?

Thanks so much!!!

#TEAMNATURAL!!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Peace View Post
How are you using the horsetail butter?

On the scalp?

On the hair itself?

On both?

Thanks so much!!!
Oh, thanks for mentioning that..I forgot about it. I make a creme paste in a small jar using about 2 TBS of the horsetail butter, 1 TBS of neem oil, 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel (pure) 2 TBS of coconut oil/shea mixture, 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree and rosemary essential oil. I apply the cream to my scalp by parting my hair with a wide tooth comb or sometimes just my fingertips. The excess oil that is on my hands I will use it to rub over my entire hair shaft. Then I lightly massage the creme into my scalp. I usually do this nightly before I go to bed although I have only been doing it for a few nights.

Results: So far, when I wake up in the morning (I tie my hair up with a satin scarf at night) my hair is very moisturized, shiny and appears very happy! Here is some other herbs that have been proven to be beneficial for hair growth:

23Some herbs that promote long hair:

Aloe
Arnica
Birch
Burdock
Catmint
Chamomile
Fenugreek
Gooseberry
Henna
Horsetail
Licorice
Marigold
Nettles
Parsley
Rosemary
Sage
Southernwood
Stinging nettle
Thyme
Brahmi
Jatamamsi
Dashamoola
Bhringaraj
Psoralea seeds
Mulberries
Old 04-22-2008, 08:55 AM
<<-- Fitness Chick

Thanked 13,325 Times in 3,068 Posts
Mentioned: 743 Post(s)
Tagged: 42 Thread(s)

This is brilliant! I've been taking silica and it has been THE magic bullet for me.
I've read that silica is good to use topically but I have not found it in any conventional products.

I've actually been researching silica because I am so amazed at my progress, my hair growth and my fingernails, they look way better than when I wore acrylic nails. I had toe nail fungus in the past from getting pedicures from cheap salons, the nail had separated from the nail bed, I didn't think they would ever be right again. Now I have the most prefectly shaped finger nails and toe nails that will not stop growing and they don't crack, chip or peel!!

I'm all the way down with anything silica and will take it as long as I live!! I'll check this out.
Shop Vitacost.com, my fav online discount retailer for health, wellness & beauty products. Shop through my link below and get $10 OFF your 1st order! Refer your friends & get a $10 reward for you AND your friends!
https://www.vitacostrewards.com/6YHVAj

Last edited by AtlantaJJ; 04-22-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 AM

Thanked 39,338 Times in 8,280 Posts
Mentioned: 1027 Post(s)
Tagged: 37 Thread(s)

Quote:
Oh, thanks for mentioning that..I forgot about it. I make a creme paste in a small jar using about 2 TBS of the horsetail butter, 1 TBS of neem oil, 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel (pure) 2 TBS of coconut oil/shea mixture, 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree and rosemary essential oil. I apply the cream to my scalp by parting my hair with a wide tooth comb or sometimes just my fingertips. The excess oil that is on my hands I will use it to rub over my entire hair shaft. Then I lightly massage the creme into my scalp. I usually do this nightly before I go to bed although I have only been doing it for a few nights.

Results: So far, when I wake up in the morning (I tie my hair up with a satin scarf at night) my hair is very moisturized, shiny and appears very happy! Here is some other herbs that have been proven to be beneficial for hair growth:

23Some herbs that promote long hair:

Aloe
Arnica
Birch
Burdock
Catmint
Chamomile
Fenugreek
Gooseberry
Henna
Horsetail
Licorice
Marigold
Nettles
Parsley
Rosemary
Sage
Southernwood
Stinging nettle
Thyme
Brahmi
Jatamamsi
Dashamoola
Bhringaraj
Psoralea seeds
Mulberries
Thanks for sharing these tips! This is great. I have all the ingredients except for the horsetail butter. I will think about buying the butter and making the creme. I have been taking the Alta Silica that Vevster has been suggesting. I think my hair has really thanks me for it. I've been taking that now religiously since February and my hair has definitely gotten thicker and looks much healthier. So it can't hurt to get the Horsetail butter as well for a topical addition.

Here's more on Alta Silica:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...ht=alta+silica

#TEAMNATURAL!!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing, we have athe same hobby!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaJJ View Post
This is brilliant! I've been taking silica and it has been THE magic bullet for me.
I've read that silica is good to use topically but I have not found it in any conventional products.

I've actually been researching silica because I am so amazed at my progress, my hair growth and my fingernails, they look way better than when I wore acrylic nails. I had toe nail fungus in the past from getting pedicures from cheap salons, the nail had separated from the nail bed, I didn't think they would ever be right again. Now I have the most prefectly shaped finger nails and toe nails that will not stop growing and they don't crack, chip or peel!!

I'm all the way down with anything silica and will take it as long as I live!! I'll check this out.
I am so glad the silica is working out for you, I am right behind you because I started taking the Alta Silica vitamin this month. ANNND needed help with nail growth, I have never had any nails, as soon as they would grow a little they would peel right on off even if I was taking a multi vitamin! So watchouttherenow! I am coming around the mountain!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyeyes View Post
Thanks for sharing, we have athe same hobby!
I know that's right! Hustlin for hair is wholesome for the sooouuuul!
By the way, your eyes are pretty and my daughter wanted me to be sure to tell you that you have the same color eyes as her and she wants them back!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Peace View Post
Thanks for sharing these tips! This is great. I have all the ingredients except for the horsetail butter. I will think about buying the butter and making the creme. I have been taking the Alta Silica that Vevster has been suggesting. I think my hair has really thanks me for it. I've been taking that now religiously since February and my hair has definitely gotten thicker and looks much healthier. So it can't hurt to get the Horsetail butter as well for a topical addition.

Here's more on Alta Silica:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...ht=alta+silica
Thanks for the thread btw. Everyone you know that you can make any kind of butter out of the Butter-EZ from lotion crafters. As long as you have the herbs/oils or essential oils you can make any kind of butter even Shea butter!!! Valuable tip huh....