Growing Hair Without Vitamins.

LongiLox

Hi all, I'm new to the board! My question to you ladies it's is possible to get fast growth without taking biotin or MN. I've read several posts here which implies that they have so many bad side effects. People having crazy dreams, headaches, acne, unwanted body hair, etc. Are there any safe supplements out there?

tylertown

Yes. But I think what you are asking is based on 2 things. Genetics. And whether you take care of your hair. I've never taken good care of my hair. lazy. yup I tells the truth even if it hurts and I'm lazy with this stuff. However, genetically between my moms and my pops I was destined to have long hair. I've always had long hair no matter what I did to it. So I'd say assess your hair history and determine what you may need to do if anything to compensate for the other. I've never really did the vit thing on the regular nor have I done the MN thing. You may not need to either. :yep:

LongiLox

Yes. But I think what you are asking is based on 2 things. Genetics. And whether you take care of your hair. I've never taken good care of my hair. lazy. yup I tells the truth even if it hurts and I'm lazy with this stuff. However, genetically between my moms and my pops I was destined to have long hair. I've always had long hair no matter what I did to it. So I'd say assess your hair history and determine what you may need to do if anything to compensate for the other. I've never really did the vit thing on the regular nor have I done the MN thing. You may not need to either. :yep:

Genetically, my hair does not grow fast. It doesn't grow too slow either. I guess I will say it's average. Right now I'm shoulder length, grazing armpit length. I've been practicing healthy hair care for 6 months now and I will like to see more progress. But based on some of the negative feed back on taking Biotin and MN, I'm afraid to take them. :(

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
A good diet. A lot (all?) of the vitamins are found in some type of food be it greens, meat, etc

charmtreese

I use to take a lot of vitamins and othe supplements for hair growth. The pill popping became ridiculous, so I stop.

More recently I have found some gummie multivitamins that have a high amout of biotin, so I have started taking these. There easy to take since I love gummie bears and I dont need water to take em. :grin:

LongiLox

I use to take a lot of vitamins and othe supplements for hair growth. The pill popping became ridiculous, so I stop.

More recently I have found some gummie multivitamins that have a high amout of biotin, so I have started taking these. There easy to take since I love gummie bears and I dont need water to take em. :grin:

Have you noticed any side effects from the multivitamins? I'm currently taking multivitamins but they only have 10mcg of biotin in them and I know that's not enough to notice hair growth. :perplexed

Channie

What brand of gummies are these???

envybeauty

i eat vitamin gummies too! :grin:

charmtreese

Have you noticed any side effects from the multivitamins? I'm currently taking multivitamins but they only have 10mcg of biotin in them and I know that's not enough to notice hair growth. :perplexed

Nope, no side effects so far. Sometimes multi-vitamins increase my appetite, but I have not noticed that with these.

LongiLox

memee1978

yes.hair grows regardles unless theres a medical problem.if your scared about vitimenbs eat more fruits and veggies..........also the reason why hair seem not to be noticeably growing is because too often it breaks as it grow.unless youve figured out how to combact the breakage cycle.