IS IT JUST ME...OR

RODI

does oil also makes your hair come out at the roots???????:sad:

I have fine 4b relaxed hair and I have noticed that whenever I put oil on my hair or scalp I notice more hair in my comb. It comes out from the root. I does not matter what type of oil I use, MTG, EVOO, garlic oil, amla oil, coconut oil..... Could it be that the oils are too heavy for my fine hair?
I am already a shedder and more hair coming out is just too much for me.

Do you ladies have any advice?

MariposaSexyGirl

If it's natural shedding then just let it shed so the new hair can start growing. Maybe the oil is aiding in the shed hair coming out of your hair easier. If you don't get rid of shed hair it could tangle with the other hair and cause unnecessary breakage. And if your scalp isn't giving you problems(dryness, dandruff, or itchiness) and is normal, I see no real reason to use oils on your scalp. Especially if your scalp produce it's own natural oils(sebum).

Thats just my view on it. Someone else might chime in and give advice.

aloof one

It happens to me too and I don't know why.

Within minutes of putting coconut+rosemary oil on my scalp, I feel the hairs coming out... I have to wonder if its normal to shed 50 hairs just from the oils (on top of usual shedding) and I'm surprised I'm not bald.

My hair is very dense (lots of fine strands in there mixed with coarse ones) so when I wash again I can't tell... but I have to wonder if this is a bad thing.:perplexed

Crissi

Yup this happens to me when i use grease and most oils (exception to the rule being my moisturizer). I have just come to accept the fact that my hair does not like it.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I started to have a similar problem, and I started to mix my oils in my cream moisturizers and that helped my shedding alot!

chebaby

i thought i was the only one. when i would pre poo with coconut oil this happened to me so i stopped using it.

texasqt

I would say stop using it and find something else or another oil that doesn't have that same effect. It could be some form of an allergic reaction even if it isn't making your scalp itch. Stuff just shouldn't be making your hair come out like that so you should discontinue use since you know exactly what's causing it. I had to stop using ORS Olive Oil for that very reason (in addition to the other ingredients when they changed the formula) and my hair got really thin before I even noticed.

CurlyMoo

I'm so glad I came to this thread. Because I have the same problem with Coconut Oil although I have not seen the same with Olive Oil. But I will stop putting the oil in for a week to see if it's the oil.:ohwell:

ChocoKitty

I have fine hair and it happens to me also. You may want to consider clarifying more often. It could be a build up of sebum in addition the oils causing your hair to shed from the root. I notice this with my own scalp. I only use MTG on my scalp. I put olive oil and/or coconut on my ends only when I baggie. If do use these oils near my scalp it close to wash day and I'm not planning to manipulate my hair too much.

Extremus

I thought it was just me, but I notice it when I seal with castor oil on my ends. I never thought it may be the castor oil, and come to think of it coconut oil doesn't do that. I like the way castor oil leaves my ends super soft and shiny tho :sad: maybe that's the reason why I'm suffering from thin ends now as well. :blush: