Votes: 71 17.4%
  • No - but I will Try

Votes: 200 49.1%
  • Yes - Hated them

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters

Lucky's Mom

Hey Ladies!
Oh boy - I almost did not make it in the Steam room at the gym this morning. It certainley takes some getting used to.......

Anyhow - I wanted to share my home steam treat- I liked it and I don't have to have WOBBLY legs:lachen::lachen:

OK - So I took the advice from many LHCF Sistas... ( thanks Y'all)

But - made a couple of changes.......

here are the tools:

2 Turban towels - turbie twists ( found em at big lots )

Pink cleaning Gloves ( hee hee )

2 plastic bags or plastic Wrap.

Heating cap or Hooded Dryer (VERY Important -there needs to be a heat source......)

Bottled Water ( Let's stay as far away from the Chlorine as possible)

OK - dunk the turbies in cold water... put em in a Glass bowl and heat em in the microwave till they are hot.

use the cleaning Gloves - to Wring out one of the turbies. Put in on your head.... immediately put on cap.
Wring out the next turbie. Put it on top of the plastic.
Wrap the last turbie in plastic.

I wrapped this tight - so I could get the heat cap on.

sit for 30 mins.

When I took the heat cap off - :brainfog::brainfog: STEAM!!!!!!

Spray or rinse with COLD water - to seal the Cuticle!!! Also imporaant...........
It was great!
Hope that helps!
sj:yep:

Last edited:

frizzy

Alrighty then, this sounds good. I know the one cap and plastic didn't work so well. Thanks for sharing.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
thanks!! I'll give this a try! :yep:

This is a whollle lot cheaper than those hair steamers that yawl got me looking at now...:look:

LOL@ your steam smileys! :grin:

Lucky's Mom

thanks!! I'll give this a try! :yep:

This is a whollle lot cheaper than those hair steamers that yawl got me looking at now...:look:

LOL@ your steam smileys! :grin:

EXACTAMUNDO!!!! In this economy???? I can't get no steamer. Gas????
Eating! I like eating and I like going to school!
:yep:

My Steamer - 6 bucks
thier Steamer - 300 bucks

My happy fathiful marriage with a compact steamer system???? PRICELESS

Lucky's Mom

RESULTS!!!!

Ladies - I cannot tell you - I just cannot tell you how soft and detangled my hair was. I used my denman method of detangling - and I was going quick ( didnot want to miss Barack on the View:lick::lick::lick:) and my hair was Buttery and THERE WERE ZERO TANGLES. Every product went on like a dream. I am under the pibbs - rollersetted..........Stay tuned!:lick::lick::lick:

AtlantaJJ

Hey Ladies!
Oh boy - I almost did not make it in the Steam room at the gym this morning. It certainley takes some getting used to.......

Anyhow - I wanted to share my home steam treat- I liked it and I don't have to have WOBBLY legs:lachen::lachen:

OK - So I took the advice from many LHCF Sistas... ( thanks Y'all)

But - made a couple of changes.......

here are the tools:

2 Turban towels - turbie twists ( found em at big lots )

Pink cleaning Gloves ( hee hee )

2 plastic bags or plastic Wrap.
Heating cap

OK - dunk the turbies in cold water... put em in a Glass bowl and heat em in the microwave till they are hot.

use the cleaning Gloves - to Wring out one of the turbies. Put in on your head.... immediately put on cap.
Wring out the next turbie. Put it on top of the plastic.
Wrap the last turbie in plastic.

I wrapped this tight - so I could get the heat cap on.

sit for 30 mins.

When I took the heat cap off - :brainfog: STEAM!!!!!!

It was great!
Hope that helps!
sj:yep:
Aww you had me until you got to the pink gloves.....will it work if I use blue cleaning gloves? :lachen: JK - I'm going to do this tonight. I meant to answer your post on the Who has a Steamer thread and agree that a hot towel treatment should work..

Thanks for posting this !

ETA: LOLOLOL At the WOBBLY legs! :brainfog::lachen:

AtlantaJJ

LOL I didn't even need my glasses to read the big-up you gave on the results... I'm doing this tonight!

Lucky's Mom

Aww you had me until you got to the pink gloves.....will it work if I use blue cleaning gloves? :lachen: JK - I'm going to do this tonight. I meant to answer your post on the Who has a Steamer thread and agree that a hot towel treatment should work..

Thanks for posting this !

ETA: LOLOLOL At the WOBBLY legs! :brainfog::lachen:
when I grabbed em - they were so cute - I konw hubby won't wear em..So - they will be my steamy treat towel gloves now:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Wobbly - man I thought I was gonna pass out - At least I was all alone - no one to laugh at me... Except all of you around the WORLD...:lachen::lachen:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thnx Sam, I'm going to try this on Sunday, my wash day. Lawd knows I want a streamer:yep:. I hope I can get good results like you.

Lucky's Mom

question: when during the wash routine do u steam? what exactly does it do to the hair?

This is how I did it:

1. pre poo
2. Shampoo
3. oil rinse
4. rinse
5. apply deep condish - insert steam treatment here - 30 mins to 1 hour
6. detangle & final rinse.

From:lick: what others have stated - this should only be done once a month or so. This infused moisture and infused the condish as well... There was also a thread that stated when moisture levels are optimal - reversion is minimal for any thermal style.
since I am natural - and I wanted my rollerset/flat iron to last - I decied to do this. This also may reduce frizz and tangle on curls.

Hope that helps.

Dposh167

From:lick: what others have stated - this should only be done once a month or so. This infused moisture and infused the condish as well... There was also a thread that stated when moisture levels are optimal - reversion is minimal for any thermal style.
since I am natural - and I wanted my rollerset/flat iron to last - I decied to do this. This also may reduce frizz and tangle on curls.

Hope that helps.

Now why only once a month? is it damaging? or is the worry on over-conditioning?

loolalooh

SJ, you're ON it with these hair discoveries!! I've been eye-ing this steamer talk for a while but didn't want spend serious $$$$$. Your treatment sounds like a perfect substitution.

What heating cap do you recommend?

Averoigne

What an ingenius idea, Samantha. Thank you. You've helped me find another way to put my new Pibbs 514 to good use. :grin:

AtlantaJJ

Alrighty then, this sounds good. I know the one cap and plastic didn't work so well. Thanks for sharing.
See, :scratchch that double up part is sheer genius I tell ya!! Sheer Genius!!!
Okay who's in charge of adding up all the $1,000.00's of $$$'s SJ is saving us??

:yay: :creatures :clap:

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Lucky's Mom

Now why only once a month? is it damaging? or is the worry on over-conditioning?

Well, it would be moisture overload. That would not be good. I did this to infuse moisture for my thermal style and to hold back reversion...If you read the other threads - that is where I learned about that. Looks like many ladies are experts on this ( Moni - I think her name is)
Of course it is RAINING in L.A. this weekend.

That is why I never do this!
:nono: