Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 02-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Default Re: Preparation H?!?!?!?!? For Growth????

I'm going to play devils advocate here.

Lets suppose potion A is made to be a butt cream right? The ingredients are X,Y, and Z.

Lets say Potion B is made to be a hair stimulator and has the same ingredients X,Y,and Z.

Sooooooo why get all up in arms about the use of a thing when many products have multi uses?

If Potion A is called Preperation H and Potion B is called Fass Hur Gro, and they have identical ingredients, I dont see what the big deal is.

Just food for thought.

Last edited by SparklingFlame; 02-26-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I had a lady tell me one time a long time ago that she used her baby's pee on her face....ew....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnggrant View Post
WOW...thats a new one
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM
cakecakecakecakecakecake

Thanked 21,886 Times in 2,638 Posts
Mentioned: 287 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsTheCurlzTurns View Post
Uhhhhh, please don't kill me for this!!!

Well just a few minutes ago a friend of mine's came by here to inquire about getting her friend's hair braided up. Well she had her friend with her, so we were conversing about prices, length of braids and such. Well, during that convo, I asked her if she'd mind if I touched her hair to see how much I would be working with for a price quote. Well she has several patches of baldness going on in her head with lil hairs coming in. So I proceeded to ask her what happened to those spots if she didn't mind me asking. She stated that her and her boyfriend got into a physical fight last week and he pulled some of her hair out. She told me she had to go to the doctor because her scalp was raw and bleeding. Well guess what?!!??
Doc told her to put PREPARATION H on her spots!!!! I even asked her HOW it was done, she says just put dots on the spots from the tube and rub it in. Uh is this hemorrhoidal cream the next version of hair growth?????? This is first time I ever heard this, but I wouldn't be surprised seeing that people use/used MN too. So what do you think of this???

Ladies, I have been lurking since last year and this is what made me subscribe... the Preparation H will not help your hair grow, the doc gave it to the girl bc her scalp was raw and bleeding. Somebody mentioned it constricts blood vessels. This helps stop the bleeding in the scalp or in the case of hemorrhoids the expansion of your veins in your behind. Repeat, it was not to help the hair grow, it was bc of the raw and bleeding scalp.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Baby loc'd Lady Trucker

Thanked 16,076 Times in 3,571 Posts
Mentioned: 537 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaette View Post
Ladies, I have been lurking since last year and this is what made me subscribe... the Preparation H will not help your hair grow, the doc gave it to the girl bc her scalp was raw and bleeding. Somebody mentioned it constricts blood vessels. This helps stop the bleeding in the scalp or in the case of hemorrhoids the expansion of your veins in your behind. Repeat, it was not to help the hair grow, it was bc of the raw and bleeding scalp.
Welcome to the site. I'm new here too. That makes alot of sense. Thank you for the clarification.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Welcome aboard!!!!

I remember wanting to find out what MTG was is what made me subscribe.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
cakecakecakecakecakecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallady View Post
Welcome aboard!!!!

I remember wanting to find out what MTG was is what made me subscribe.
Thanks Naturallady!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I would think it'd ease the bleeding and decrease any inflammation she was having and depending on which kind she got also ease any pain she was having rather than as a hair growth helper.

I've used it on occasion for undereye puffiness and it works really well. But you can't use it long term because it will thin the skin.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
ITA! I'm glad you posted this before I could, lol! This was my first thought...
Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrady101 View Post
Oh no, not *** cream! Why?!?

i was bored and quiet. i came online and i was in no time.

BTW - Urine, sounds kinda gro-tesque but hey, those spas that come out with their own concotions and GREEEAATT body and facial cleaners and deep cleaners and the like, putting all sorts of stuff in their mixes (we don't know all) and we enjoy them. a little of your own urine to help heal messed up skin ain't too bad. IMO
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM

Thanked 15,109 Times in 2,047 Posts
Mentioned: 809 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Uhhhhh, please don't kill me for this!!!

Well she has several patches of baldness going on in her head with lil hairs coming in. So I proceeded to ask her what happened to those spots if she didn't mind me asking. She stated that her and her boyfriend got into a physical fight last week and he pulled some of her hair out. She told me she had to go to the doctor because her scalp was raw and bleeding.
No one? No one is going to comment about this woman's boyfriend pulling out her hair?! No? If this woman is being abused, I think growing her hair is the least of her worries. At least it puts things in perspective for me. I know, I know, it's a hair forum, but man! But I am glad someone posted about her being raw and bleeding. He's trying to heal her and make sure she ain't all bleeding and stuff first.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

i've heard of preparation H on the face around the eyes for crow's feet but never for hair. Sorry, won't be tryin it in my hair or my face.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:28 PM
cakecakecakecakecakecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwedzi View Post
No one? No one is going to comment about this woman's boyfriend pulling out her hair?! No? If this woman is being abused, I think growing her hair is the least of her worries. At least it puts things in perspective for me. I know, I know, it's a hair forum, but man! But I am glad someone posted about her being raw and bleeding. He's trying to heal her and make sure she ain't all bleeding and stuff first.
I was wondering who would go there first.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 PM

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,375 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 51 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Peace View Post
Oh, great. Let's see: we got va-jay-jay juice, chicken grease, the Stinky Stuff (a.k.a. MTG) and now anus creams?

Well, did she elaborate on how safe it was to use?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 PM

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Quote:
I'm going to play devils advocate here.

Lets suppose potion A is made to be a butt cream right? The ingredients are X,Y, and Z.

Lets say Potion B is made to be a hair stimulator and has the same ingredients X,Y,and Z.

Sooooooo why get all up in arms about the use of a thing when many products have multi uses?

If Potion A is called Preperation H and Potion B is called Fass Hur Gro, and they have identical ingredients, I dont see what the big deal is.

Just food for thought.
Yes, you have a point there NL, but I was trying to find out what exactly in it would make hair grow, since I had never heard of it being used on the hair/scalp myself.

Quote:
Hi Ekaette and welcome to LHCF! In response to your post, I had already asked her why would the doctor prescribe her Preparation H when it was readily available on the store shelves, no prescription required. But she stated the doctor gave her an antibiotic prescription for the raw and bleeding, but told her to purchase Preparation H to get her hair started back growing. I do understand where you're coming from here though. But those are the girl's own words that the stuff was making her hair grow, which is why I was asking about this product on the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwedzi View Post
I wasn't about to get all up in her business because this was someone I didn't even know. And I felt it would be a little rude of me to inquire about the "whys" and such. But my friend did tell me that it was the girl's fault because she grabbed her boyfriend by the neck when she thought he was trying to talk to another girl. But I don't think it was warranted for him to pull the girl's hair though. I just don't know, so I'm trying to stay out of that.

*****But above all else, I don't mean no harm or disrespect to anyone or anything, I just wanted to know what was up with the Preparation H and if anyone heard it actually grew hair is all. I use MN and it works great for me, so was just wondering, and knew that LHCF'ers would set me straight if it was possible or not. So I thank you all for that.*****
Old 02-27-2008, 04:05 AM

Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Talking Re: Preparation H?!?!?!?!? For Growth????

Quote:
Thank you for setting the record straight. I knew that! lolololol
Old 02-27-2008, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christa438 View Post

Y'all are crazy. I can't talk because I've experimented too. HHG

This is a bit OT, but i once was told by a lady that urine can be used as a facial cleanser and improve the complexion. I don't plan on trying it though. The things people will do for beauty.

yep,urine therapy....do a search a lot of ladies on here swear by it. it was also used by ancestors.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, you have a point there NL, but I was trying to find out what exactly in it would make hair grow, since I had never heard of it being used on the hair/scalp myself.

Hi Ekaette and welcome to LHCF! In response to your post, I had already asked her why would the doctor prescribe her Preparation H when it was readily available on the store shelves, no prescription required. But she stated the doctor gave her an antibiotic prescription for the raw and bleeding, but told her to purchase Preparation H to get her hair started back growing. I do understand where you're coming from here though. But those are the girl's own words that the stuff was making her hair grow, which is why I was asking about this product on the boards.

I wasn't about to get all up in her business because this was someone I didn't even know. And I felt it would be a little rude of me to inquire about the "whys" and such. But my friend did tell me that it was the girl's fault because she grabbed her boyfriend by the neck when she thought he was trying to talk to another girl. But I don't think it was warranted for him to pull the girl's hair though. I just don't know, so I'm trying to stay out of that.

*****But above all else, I don't mean no harm or disrespect to anyone or anything, I just wanted to know what was up with the Preparation H and if anyone heard it actually grew hair is all. I use MN and it works great for me, so was just wondering, and knew that LHCF'ers would set me straight if it was possible or not. So I thank you all for that.*****
I wasnt directing my post at you. I see a lot of negativity about certain products like MN so I just thought I would put that out there.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 AM
cakecakecakecakecakecake

Quote:
I wasnt directing my post at you. I see a lot of negativity about certain products like MN so I just thought I would put that out there.
I wasn't trying to start anything negative either, I just felt like I should say something before like 50 people went to buy it and make it into a challenge
I know how fast these bandwagons start, I've watched quite a few begin
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 AM

Thanked 12,384 Times in 2,662 Posts
Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
Tagged: 37 Thread(s)

Wow, I never knew it grew hair but I have heard of people usint it on their face.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Oh! Pulled her braids out? That must have hurt!
I hope she is getting over that. Horrible man!