Dreams

motherx2esq

A friend of mine keeps having a dream where her dead mother in law keeps telling her that her dead mother needs to talk to her. Now the kicker is that her husband and his mother (who is the dead mother in law) believe in talking to the dead through mediums and he is going to see one next month. The wife is a Christian who went to see Silva Brown and said it was the most uncomfortable thing she has ever been to. She said her spirit did not sit right the entire time.

Back to the topic. The dead mother in law is trying to get her to go to the medium. She does not want to go. I told my take on it and my belief. I said that is Satan using the image of the mother in law (whom I know) and that I do not believe that talking to the dead. I believe that once you are dead you have no knowledge of the living.
Ecclesiastes 9:5

For the living know that they will die,
but the dead know nothing;
they have no further reward,
and even the memory of them is forgotten.

My sister passed and I have never spoken to her nor saw her spirit because she, I believe, is waiting for Judgment Day like the rest of the dead. I have spoken to God about her and he has reassured me that she is resting and I will see her again. I have had dreams about my sister but never about things like my friend is dreaming. God knew how hard I was dealing with it and he was helping me cope with it by giving me what I needed; a few last moments with her. Even if it were in my dreams. I guess because my sister and I had the same beliefs that Satan cannot trick me with that one. Praise God!

I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or what would you say to someone who is dealing with this? I also told her that when this happens and she wakes up (or when she is sleep) call on Jesus. Call out his name and when you wake drop to your knees and pray!

*Side note* When I was younger I use to always have dreams that someone was stopping me from turning over or turning around (pretty much I was paralyzed) and then I would wake up only not able to move. This happened to me A LOT. When I told a Christian friends about this she told me to call on Jesus, call out his name. In my sleep and when I woke. I tell you no lie it worked and I have not had those type of dreams again! Praise God! I mean I use to be so afraid when I woke up and could not move and I never knew why!

kweenameena

A friend of mine keeps having a dream where her dead mother in law keeps telling her that her dead mother needs to talk to her. Now the kicker is that her husband and his mother (who is the dead mother in law) believe in talking to the dead through mediums and he is going to see one next month. The wife is a Christian who went to see Silva Brown and said it was the most uncomfortable thing she has ever been to. She said her spirit did not sit right the entire time.

Back to the topic. The dead mother in law is trying to get her to go to the medium. She does not want to go. I told my take on it and my belief. I said that is Satan using the image of the mother in law (whom I know) and that I do not believe that talking to the dead. I believe that once you are dead you have no knowledge of the living.

My sister passed and I have never spoken to her nor saw her spirit because she, I believe, is waiting for Judgment Day like the rest of the dead. I have spoken to God about her and he has reassured me that she is resting and I will see her again. I have had dreams about my sister but never about things like my friend is dreaming. God knew how hard I was dealing with it and he was helping me cope with it by giving me what I needed; a few last moments with her. Even if it were in my dreams. I guess because my sister and I had the same beliefs that Satan cannot trick me with that one. Praise God!

I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or what would you say to someone who is dealing with this? I also told her that when this happens and she wakes up (or when she is sleep) call on Jesus. Call out his name and when you wake drop to your knees and pray!

*Side note* When I was younger I use to always have dreams that someone was stopping me from turning over or turning around (pretty much I was paralyzed) and then I would wake up only not able to move. This happened to me A LOT. When I told a Christian friends about this she told me to call on Jesus, call out his name. In my sleep and when I woke. I tell you no lie it worked and I have not had those type of dreams again! Praise God! I mean I use to be so afraid when I woke up and could not move and I never knew why!

Everything in the bolded has happened to me and yes calling out Jesus does work!

It sounds like your friend knows it's wrong already.

BlessedStarlette

yes , this so true . I have had this happen to me . This would happen to me when I sleep on my back. I was asleep, but awake at the same time , I was aware of my surroundings, but I couldnt move. I would scream out no would hear me but me. The only thing that saved me was calling out jesus name and after I called out his name I woke up.

Mocha5

Ecclesiates 9:6 goes on to say:

Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished;
Nevermore will tey have a share
In anything done under the sun.

My thoughts are that she opened the door to those spirits when she went to see Sylvia Brown. It didn't sit right with her spirit for a reason. The Bible tells us to stay away from mediums, phychics, horoscope reading, etc. I would also goes as far to group LOA in there too. It's all based on focusing on something other than Jehovah (the One Who sacrificed His Son for us). But that's my very humble opinion. We are in spiritual warfare and it's not a game. I would tell her to repent and renounce any involvement with that woman. And just begin to read her Bible (morning and night) and speak the name of Jesus over her situation. He'll take care of it. HTH.

By the way, I also had those kooky dreams but since I've gotten stronger in my walk with Him, I no longer have them.

ETA: I'm glad that God has given you comfort about your sister. He is sooo awesome!!!!! Hugs to you.

Last edited:

Ramya

ITA with Mocha5 and would add that it is not helping that her husband routinely goes to the medium. He's bringing all of that mess back home to his wife :nono:.

Mocha5

ITA with Mocha5 and would add that it is not helping that her husband routinely goes to the medium. He's bringing all of that mess back home to his wife :nono:.

Now how did I forget about the husband. You're right Amerikan. If he's willing to give this up and pray with her then they should do it as a couple. If not, she needs to keep him lifted in prayer continuously and start anointing her home. Definitely spiritual warfare. :nono:

motherx2esq

Now how did I forget about the husband. You're right Amerikan. If he's willing to give this up and pray with her then they should do it as a couple. If not, she needs to keep him lifted in prayer continuously and start anointing her home. Definitely spiritual warfare. :nono:

I agree too but his is very set on going to speak with his mother. They both believe in it and will not back down on going. So you guys are right that spirit will return with him.

chicacanella

Is she saved by the sacrafice and ressurection of Jesus the Christ? If not, that may be a reason she is having these dreams. She needs to have on her helmet of salvation which is spoken about in Ephesians 6:18. The enemy is trying to find an entrance into her life where he can have full ground, not just some ground.

Her husband and those peeps opened up the door for the enemy by believing in divination and all that type of ungodly stuff. Tell her to start praying like Jesus said to pray in his "our father" prayer. Not word from word, but he said that we should pray like this in an order.

Firs saying, "Our father, which art in heaven" or "Our heavenly father,"

Then we dwell and thank him for his holiness, cause if he wasn't holy then we would have no way of being redeemed and being treated in such a good way.

May his kingdom come and his will be done in her life, may his will be done in her household, in her children's life, etc. as his will is already done in heaven. This is like asking God to come in dwell in her life, make his will happen.

She needs to start dwelling on the Word of God, because that is her sword. If she has a sword, but doesn't know how to use it, what good will it do?

She needs her breast plate of righteousness, her shield of faith, her belt of truth, her peace that comes from the good news and knowing that we don't have the outcome that would've been due to us if Jesus wasn't sacraficed for all the terrible things we have committed against God.

SEMO

The enemy is so devious :wallbash:. I think you gave your friend great advice. Believe NO spirit claiming to be speaking from the grave. I think she needs to rebuke those dreams and pray to Jesus to be covered. And remind her about the armor of God (Ephesians 6).

Satan can even appear as an angel of light. Christians need to be strong in their relationship with God, so they quickly recognize a counterfeit "shepard" talking to them. It's easy to be fooled if you let your guard down.

That happened to me just last week. I was reading this supposedly Christian book where this woman was "testifying" about these experiences she had where Jesus took her to Heaven repeatedly. But the spirit she was communing with was a false Christ, a deceiving spirit. I admit that even I was fooled for awhile into believing her testimony. Satan is trying to fool even the very elect of God these days.

But the word says in I John 4:1-6 to not believe every spirit that speaks to you but to try that spirit by the Spirit of God. I believe that if your friend examines the spirit that is sending her those dreams she will see it is not of God.

-----------------

1 John 4

Testing the Spirits

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
5They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them.
6We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Last edited:

Zeal

I will lift them up in prayer.

My father passed away and I have dreamed about him several times. My father was saved, knew the Lord and was ready. My father was ill.

He passed away immedately after hearing the Psalm 91, 103 and prayer. I have dreamed about him several times but I can never remember what he says. But he always looks healthy and is smiling. The only thing I do remember is him telling me that he was alright.

I will definately keep her in prayer.

chicacanella

The enemy is so devious :wallbash:. I think you gave your friend great advice. Believe NO spirit claiming to be speaking from the grave. I think she needs to rebuke those dreams and pray to Jesus to be covered. And remind her about the armor of God (Ephesians 6).

Satan can even appear as an angel of light. Christians need to be strong in their relationship with God, so they quickly recognize a counterfeit "shepard" talking to them. It's easy to be fooled if you let your guard down.

That happened to me just last week. I was reading this supposedly Christian book where this woman was "testifying" about these experiences she had where Jesus took her to Heaven repeatedly. But the spirit she was communing with was a false Christ, a deceiving spirit. I admit that even I was fooled for awhile into believing her testimony. Satan is trying to fool even the very elect of God these days.

But the word says in I John 4:1-6 to not believe every spirit that speaks to you but to try that spirit by the Spirit of God. I believe that if your friend examines the spirit that is sending her those dreams she will see it is not of God.

-----------------

1 John 4

Testing the Spirits

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
5They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them.
6We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Hey, do you mind telling us what book that was so we will be aware?