A "Christian" woman who won't give her husband a child.

gone_fishing

Does a woman have the right to say no to a husband who wants a child (assuming no medical issues, etc.). If you answer, could you provide scriptures to back this up. (NO THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME). Is it sinful?

I have a guy friend who wants a baby, but his wife says she won't. He says that's a deal breaker.

She has one child (grown now) from previous relationship. She's 35. He's 30. Thanks

WomanlyCharm

Sorry Ad, I have no scriptures, but of course, I have an opinion. :blush:

Christian or not, this is something the couple should have talked about before they got married. Now they are probably making each other miserable. It's not the kind of marriage God would want, and that makes me sad.

gone_fishing

Sorry Ad, I have no scriptures, but of course, I have an opinion. :blush:

Christian or not, this is something the couple should have talked about before they got married. Now they are probably making each other miserable. It's not the kind of marriage God would want, and that makes me sad.

More info (was trying not to do one of my long drawn out posts). I agree with you but most of the time, you cannot predict how you feel about children five years from now on the day you get married. At least that what I assume. They did discuss it before hand, she wanted a baby actually and he was so so either way. Unfortunately, they DID get pregnant last year and he bonded with the baby in her belly until she miscarried. :nono: Now he wants one and she doesn't and he's really upset about it.

She says she doesn't want a baby because she wants to have fun.

:ohwell:

SEMO

More info (was trying not to do one of my long drawn out posts). I agree with you but most of the time, you cannot predict how you feel about children five years from now on the day you get married. At least that what I assume. They did discuss it before hand, she wanted a baby actually and he was so so either way. Unfortunately, they DID get pregnant last year and he bonded with the baby in her belly until she miscarried. :nono: Now he wants one and she doesn't and he's really upset about it.

That's sad. Is it possible that she's scared she'll miscarry again? She is after all in that age-range where reproductive problems go up.

As far as whether or not it's sinful, well the Bible says that children are a gift from the Lord (don't know where it says that off the top of my head). I think it's a problem to not be open to children God wants to send you.

chicacanella

She's wrong IMHO. We are put here to glorify God. He said, "Go forth, be fruitful and multiply." I think it is wrong if God enables you to have children and you don't choose to.

EbonyEyes

I don't have an opinion, but I feel for this couple. This is a sad situation. I agree with you that feelings regarding having children may change. When I was 18, I didn't want children but my boyfriend (who I wanted to marry) wanted them; he told me that we couldn't get married if I didn't want kids. Now, I'm almost 24 and definately want kids though I'm not in a rush.

I will lift their situation up in prayer.

motherx2esq

Sorry I also have no help really. This is a bad situation for them. I know I tell men that I am not interested in having any more children from jump so they know and will not think it will change later. I hope they work this out. I know it's not the same as having your own and she is afraid of getting pregnant again that they could adopt. I know there are a lot of children who need a loving home. I will pray for them either way.