Bragg Liquid Aminos

charmtreese

Has anyone used this in their hair?:look:

I have a bottle of it and Im thinking of useing it along with my grapeseed oil as a pre poo. Tell me what you think?

JustKiya

Interesting - it IS an amino acid, huh?

I'd be curious to see if anyone has tried this, and how it works - might be an alternative to online AA's...

morehairplease

hi there,

this is a great idea using bragg liquid aminos in the hair....it makes sense to me. If you get a chance to try this before I do, please report back.

Evalina1

I also have Bragg Liquid Amino and I use it in my food but if asked I could not tell you why other than the fact it's good for you...but why..and why would you use it in your hair..(just curious):ohwell:

charmtreese

Im thinking about trying it Sunday...so we shall see!! Im not sure if I wanna put the oil on first then the braggs or mix 'em together or what?

Here is a little more info:

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids​
  • Alanine
  • Arginine
  • Aspartic Acid
  • Glutamic Acid
  • Glycine
  • Histidine
  • Isoleucine
  • Leucine
  • Methionine
  • Phenylalanine
  • Proline
  • Serine
  • Threonine
  • Tyrosine
  • Valine
  • Lysine

JustKiya

Wow - that sounds like it might be a protien treat extraordinaire - my thoughts would be .....

1) What is the carrier, and would it have any negative impacts?
2) Are the protien molecules actually small enough to 'do' anything with your hair?

Have you used the oil before? I would try just ONE new thing (the braggs) and leave everything else the same, so that you can see what difference the braggs really makes...

adw425

I've seen it mentioned on several homemade haircare-type websites about using this for a protein treatment -- braggs amino acid and soy sauce...

charmtreese

Wow - that sounds like it might be a protien treat extraordinaire - my thoughts would be .....

1) What is the carrier, and would it have any negative impacts?
2) Are the protien molecules actually small enough to 'do' anything with your hair?

Have you used the oil before? I would try just ONE new thing (the braggs) and leave everything else the same, so that you can see what difference the braggs really makes...

I would be using grape seed oil (this is what I used for my last few pre-poos) and I would use my microheat cap for about 30 minutes.

JustKiya

I would be using grape seed oil (this is what I used for my last few pre-poos) and I would use my microheat cap for about 30 minutes.

I was actually talking about the liquid that the Braggs is 'in' - is that all, pure amino acids, or does it have preservatives/salts, etc in it? It's a food product, so I was thinking the stuff that's in there to make it taste right, might not e so hot for hair - esp. the salt - if there is any...

caramelcutieinva

I never tried it on my hair. My SO loves it on food , so we keep a bottle of it in the kitchen.

Let em know how the expirement goes. I may have to try this.

charmtreese

I was actually talking about the liquid that the Braggs is 'in' - is that all, pure amino acids, or does it have preservatives/salts, etc in it? It's a food product, so I was thinking the stuff that's in there to make it taste right, might not e so hot for hair - esp. the salt - if there is any...

Ooops!:spinning:

The only things listed under ingredients are:

bragg vegetable protein formulated from healthy soybeans, certified Non-GMO. and purfied water only. Contains no wheat, no preservatives, no alcohol and no coloring agents, no chemicals and is not fermented.

So it appears on the up and up to me! :look:

nakialovesshoes

Now 1st let me say this. I'm not trying to start anything. :nono: I just would like to add some additional information to this post. I, too, used to be a Braggs user per the advising of a diet I was on. Well a few years later, the author of the diet discovered the information contained in the links listed below & retracted his support of this product. Am I a scientist? :nono: Not even close. So alot of this information is over my head. But I did opt to stop using this in my food. At least read it & tell me what you think.

http://www.raw4life.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=81 - real good information

http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2005/06/bragg_liquid_am.html - if you scroll down to the bottom, a guy breaks down the connection between MSG & Braggs.

frizzy

Thanks for that info Nakia.
I knew there was some reason I couldn't get into using it on the regular after tasting it. Hopefully it will be good for the scalp, 'cause I got a full bottle in the refrigerator. :perplexed

JustKiya

ooh, thanks for those links, Nakia - that's some scary stuff, right there! :nono: Guess I won't be eating that...

*Muffin*

Oh sookie sookie now! My hair's going to love this. Will definitely be using it in my next protein treatment :yep:.

P.S. Wow to the MSG thing. Can MSG be absorbed through skin?

Last edited:

Vonnieluvs08

A blog I came across: Cherry Lola. Uses liquid amino acids in a protein treatment to reduce frizziness. If you look on her's and some other blogs they show how to mix it using: yogurt, baking soda, and liquid amino acids. I've used it before and like the results. Definitely won't eat the liquid amino acids...not a fan of salty food anyway.

JFK

I was thinking of using this in my hair after reading results of a BHM member.

BTW - MSG is found in small amounts in plenty of foods. It's naturally occurring in foods. So it does naturally occur in Braggs if you eat it but in very very small amounts as it does in tomatoes and cheese.