i need a good...no, GREAT detangler for miracle-working!

ms*x

i wear my hair in curls gotten from bantu knots for about 5 days as a low maintenance style...but i'm having a problem combing out in the shower. i know my hair is still a bit hard after i did the henna (i'm still working on it) but the tangles i encountered way before the henna.

please can someone recommend something quickly that i can use in the shower because i am off to go shopping in about 2 hours.

thanks, ladies!

Songbirdb

I've always heard that when you wear a style like bantu knots or braid outs that you must detangle before wetting your hair. They always say detangle first, then go ahead with everything else. I know henna is protein and your hair would be a little hard so it's good to use a super duper moisturizer DC afterwards. When I added a really good moisture DC to my reggie, I had no problem detangling. I used Elasta QP DPR-11, but alot of ladies like Miss Keys 10 en 1. My miracle detangling product tho is Sunsilk Therma Shine Detangling Spray. It runs about $3 at Walmart. It's been a lifesaver for me. Another thing I did when I was having tangling probs was added Dry Conditioning. I drench my dry hair in condish (Tresemme Anti Breakage), let that sit around 20 mins, rinse and detangle there. But still, my best advice would be to detangle your dry air with Therma Shine by Sunsilk. It works wonders.

Songbirdb

ORS Replinishing Packs are the only thing that helps detangle my hair with 4-5in of new growth. hth

I love this stuff. I was gonna suggest this but its protein so I assumed she wanted to stay away from protein until she had her moisture back in check.

ms*x

the ORS was on my list because although it has protein in it, it definitely get my hair supersoft when i use it mixed with olive oil and microwave it for about 15 secs and use it as a dc...so i will be getting that.

i also will pick up the Sunsilk Therma Shine Detangling Spray because i need something to help me in between my co-washes (not using the poo anymore).

thanks, ladies! i think you all may have saved me! i have about 3"+ of new growth and it's haaaaaaaaard but i'm sure it'll be worth it once i get a touch-up.

Songbirdb

the ORS was on my list because although it has protein in it, it definitely get my hair supersoft when i use it mixed with olive oil and microwave it for about 15 secs and use it as a dc...so i will be getting that.

i also will pick up the Sunsilk Therma Shine Detangling Spray because i need something to help me in between my co-washes (not using the poo anymore).

thanks, ladies! i think you all may have saved me! i have about 3"+ of new growth and it's haaaaaaaaard but i'm sure it'll be worth it once i get a touch-up.

3"+ CONGRATS! :thewave:

Thats exactly what I do. I use my Therma Shine inbetween Co washes. I wuv my therma shine.

ms*x

thanks, songbird! i swear - sometimes the new growth becomes scary with the tangling so i'm REALLY looking to minimize the fright so i won't be trying to relax every month like the olden days a tthe salon, lol!

say - the he dangerously straight works, eh? cool!

LiLi

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny System (shampoo, conditioner, serum). It never lets me down.

eajaye2u

Hi Lady- i recommend afro detangler from crown and glory website. Nothing beats it for detangling and it makes a great moisturizer for regular use. Wish you success with whatever you choose. Peace!

ms*x

thanks, eajay2u!

oil rinsing, huh? i was going to do that last in the shower anyway so i'll try it before the detangler...thanks!

shtow

Im about to take it back

Just for me detangling spray. There is nothing like it:grin: Trust me on this one!

YankeeCandle

I know this is an old thread but...Several posters have mentioned using a detangling spray "inbetween" washes. How does that work if you already have product (e.g. a leave-in or light gel) on the hair from the last time you washed and styled? Do you saturate the dry hair with spray and then run a comb through?

Maybe this method could help me with my detangling troubles! Anyone who knows anything, please advise.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Lustrasilk's Shea butter cholesteral was so awesome for me when I was natural. I used a lot of this to detangle. My curls just seemed to respond well to it also. I just found out recently that my detangling was done improperly. I have to relearn everything when I go natural again next year.:ohwell:

ryanshope

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier works great on natural hair. It is my favorite leave-in detangler.

cutenss

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist. This stuff is AWESOME. And it will give you the moisture you need after your henna. Just used it. Love it. And I am natural. :yep:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I've always heard that when you wear a style like bantu knots or braid outs that you must detangle before wetting your hair. They always say detangle first, then go ahead with everything else. I know henna is protein

I just want to say that henna is not a protein. It works like one but its not one. Just like juice is a liquid and can rehydrate the body like water it is not water.

I just had to say that cause people are gettiing some not so good info.

bellebebe

I heard cow boy magic works wonders. I actually wanted to buy it for a long time, I just learned to better manage my hair and got it tangle free so I dont need it anymore.