AFRO DETANGLER

mscocoface

I have been using this since Jan '07.

It is the only thing I have that no matter if my hair is wet or dry I can put this in my hair and it works.

It is all natural and she stands behind her product. I believe in buying bulk. My hair is too thick for 6oz and 8oz bottles of anything so when I look at the cost, the amount I get and that it lasts me anywhere from 6-9 months. It is more economical.

writtenthought

I REALLY WANT TO GET IT I LOVE THE SIZE TOO. BUT DOES ITREALLLY DETANGLE ALSO IT SAYS IT SEALS THE END. DO YOU FIND THAT YOU HAVE LESS SPLITS USING IT?

mscocoface

You know what, I haven't had a split end since I have been using it but I did't even consider that it was this product that helped me.

No split ends ends are incredibly healthy.

Trust me if it did not help me with detangling you would not see me being bothered with.

I slather this stuff in and it helps me with combing out the tangles. I like that it does not leave my hair coated also so I can use it daily as a moisturizer or as a detangler.

For me it is a keeper. I talked with her for 2 hours on the phone when I first wanted to try it and then again for another hour once I received it.

There are a few ladies I think on this form or another that I know of who have shown their before and afters. A lady named Lina I know pretty well who is a distributor can also give you some feedback too.

Check out my fotki and you will see her as I think Lina40. You can email her and she can tell you all about it also. Keep researching until you are satisfied, that is what I did.

I am an ayurvedic junkie but I will not stop using my afro detangler. That has been with me since I started on this healthy hair journey.

JustKiya

Can you use this as a leave in as well?? I'm looking for something a bit less processed (and stinky) than my CoN Carrot Oil I'm currently using - do they list the ingredients??

Thanks, ya'll...

mscocoface

It is a leave in. You don't rinse this out.

The ingredients are listed on the bottle and I thought on her site. Let me check my bottle.

It says avacado, mango, shae butter, avacado oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, lecithin, green tea, germaben II, mild fragrance.

Hi :wave:

I've Been Using This Off And On For About A Year Now And I Love It:spinning: It's The Best Moisturiser For My Hair And I Use It As A Leave In Too.It Took Me Awhile To Find A Moisturizer,And I'm So Glad I Finally Did:yep:I Just Purchased My Very 1st Gallon Which Should Be Here Soon:grin:

rwanda

I love afro detangler for my new growth. It works much better than my S Curl which I've been currently using. All I have to do is rub in threw my new growth with my fingers and it keeps it very soft.

harrison

You know what, I haven't had a split end since I have been using it but I did't even consider that it was this product that helped me.

No split ends ends are incredibly healthy.

I am an ayurvedic junkie but I will not stop using my afro detangler. That has been with me since I started on this healthy hair journey.

Mscoco.. ok.. I ordered this product over a month ago. Received it a month later..and it didn't seem like it did anything more for my hair than had I just put some cheapie conditioner on it.

But I didn't use it as a leave in. I guess I should try that and see what my hair feels like. My ends get very dry.. so maybe I should try coating them with the detangler.

1. So do you detangle while your hair is dripping wet, or do you detangle with this product after washing?

2. do you detangle on dry hair with this product? If so, what was your experience?

3. Do you follow up with your shea/aloe moisturizer after using the detangler?

Lavendar

Mscoco, I only see a large gallon size. Is this available in a smaller size so you can try it out first?

ajargon02

Ok, now the Pj in me is wakin up!! I found it through a google search. Here's the link for thoes who are lazy (like me:grin:)
http://www.growafrohairlong.com/afrodetanglerhalfgallon.html

Here's what the site states about the product:
Description: for afro/natural textured hair. (nappy dry hair) For those growing their natural hair-- who desire no chemicals and want to keep their hair in its natural state. Afro Detangler penetrates the hair shaft reconstructs, strengthens, softens, conditions, and balances the pH in your strands. There is no oily build up. The comb will glide through your hair. Stops hair breakage. Use on dry or damp hair. Can also be used to hot press your natural hair. Will give a silky salon feel with a balanced hair pH. A leave-in conditioner. An all natural product! No Chemicals!
This is our best selling product. Due to high demand this product sometimes takes 7-14 days to ship.
This is a 6 months -1 year supply.

Here's some testimonies off the site:

More Testimonies
November 15, 2007. My co-worker/friend gave me some of this product in a jar; I saw and felt a change in my hair immediately - and I loved it! My last re-touch was in July '07 and the detanglers and leave in conitioners (and not the cheap ones either) cannot begin to compare to this product! I used this one product, The Afro Detangler, and I could comb my hair without any struggle but the best part was - NO BREAKAGE! I so love this stuff, it is fabulous!!!
Christine -Webster Texas USA

Afro Detanger for Twist Outs
Darelen: June 12, 2007. It is great and helps with holding moisture in the hair. It is not dry at all and is very manageable.
Darlene M. (US)
Deanna: March 22, 2007. This product is unparalleled in terms of quality. The results I see are nothing short of amazing. It works very well for my hair texture.
Deanna R, Canada
Sonia: Oct 5, 2006. Thank you for your wonderful products. The afro detangler is excellent...Im using it on both of my daughter's hair and it detangles immediately ....excellent. Also I just love that its all natural
Sonia Atlanta, GA (USA)
Here's the Ingrediants taken off the site :

INGREDIENTS: avocado/mango/shea butter, vitamin E, avocado oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, lecithin, green tea, germaben II, mild fragrance.
Contains no mineral oil or petroleum/petrolatum

Edited To Add:
Salon Grade--(6 lb. Size)
U. S. ORDERS $49.00 plus $8.00 shipping :cry::dollar::shocked:

Last edited:

naijamerican

Edited To Add:

It may seem expensive at first, but this is probably the same amount you would end up paying over time for any good product. I love Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme, but that joint is $58 for 16 oz! :wallbash: Even the BOGO sale has nothing on the amount you get for the Afro Detangler. I am definitely purchasing it the next time I get paid. :yep:

MadisonK

Hi,
Does this product solidify in the cold? What does it smell like?

thanks!

Last edited:

mscocoface

Mscoco.. ok.. I ordered this product over a month ago. Received it a month later..and it didn't seem like it did anything more for my hair than had I just put some cheapie conditioner on it.

But I didn't use it as a leave in. I guess I should try that and see what my hair feels like. My ends get very dry.. so maybe I should try coating them with the detangler.

It is great in the morning with braids and twists to add some to them and at the ends, it keeps them nourished and they don't feel hard or crunchy and dry during the day.

1. So do you detangle while your hair is dripping wet, or do you detangle with this product after washing?

It depends on what I am doing and how rushed I am. For example if I do a fro or wash n go or my big fat twist, like in my siggy, that night I will need to detangle it or I am not going to like myself in the morning. I do detangle when my hair is dripping wet but the detangler is a moisturizer also so I add that to my hair when I finish cowashing especially if I am doing braids or twists.

2. do you detangle on dry hair with this product? If so, what was your experience?

Yes I can place this in my hair while dry and use it as a detangler and moisturizer. It is easier to deal with my hair.

3. Do you follow up with your shea/aloe moisturizer after using the detangler?

I have use the shae aloe afterwards if I am doing twists or braids and I want to do a twist out or braid out in a few days or so. It is not as thick as the shaealoe so the liquid in it helps with adding additional moisture and the shaealoe helps with moisture retention.

If this is confusing let me know, I am writing very very late at night.

mscocoface

hey I want to know also!

I think my Christmas tree will just have hair products underneath it.lol.:blush:

No this product does not solidify, which is why I can use it alone or with my shealoe. It stays in liquid format and has a slight citrus scent, very mild.

mscocoface

Does it work better than EQYSS AVOCADO MIST on relaxed hair?

Not sure since I am a natural and but I believe the mist is more of a water base. This is the consistency of a liquid cream. I guess like a lotion consistency which is why I like when it drys on my hair it is soft.

mscocoface

Mscoco, I only see a large gallon size. Is this available in a smaller size so you can try it out first?

I know she had one of her distributors carrying the smaller size, I do not know if she has continued that or will continue that. I have always gotten the large container and I keep it under my bathroom sink. I like the pump it comes with so it is easy to get to.

mscocoface

Edited To Add:

Yes, I know the price for me was steep until I broke it out to how much that was compared to other 6-8oz products that I would use as a detangler and trust me this one is way more economical. Imagine you can use this for 6-9 months. What other detangler at about 6-8oz anywhere from $5.00 or more can you get that price.

I purchased another item before this one that cost me almost $20.00 for two bottles that did not add up to 16oz. I have too much hair and was going through those two bottles in less than a month.

I just know for my crazy naps and to stay on this journey I needed help with the moisture retention after I did my hair styles and especially when my hair was clean and dry and I wanted to do different things with it.

Combing this stuff dry without product is NOT an option.

PS: I am not an owner nor a distributor of this product, so I am getting nothing for my testimony about it. :look:

hothair

*PJ peeking in* ok I bought this in February (the big bottle), I still have loads left and it works. ALWAYS. and I haven't seen a split hair (ok maybe one) - I am natural with colour.. It does detangle exactly like she said, less is more :)

I get bored so I keep trying a million things but this is a staple:yep: