Anyone have bad effects from using BT?

lunabelle

I've been reading the threads on Boundless Tresses and all of the rave reviews and I'm seriously contemplating ordering some. I haven't read any bad reviews so far. I just want to know if anyone has had any negative side effects from using it. If not then, great i'm ready to jump on the BT bandwagon. If so, please let me know. I read that one lady had twitching in her eye for a week after using MTG for a long period of time. Since BT also has the same active ingredient I was wondering if anyone also had this experience with BT. Just want to know the possible side effects. Thanks!!

blueabyss333

I've been using it for awhile now and no issues. If you really wanna stretch it, I would say that it doesn't "move" throughout your scalp very well when you massage it in...but that's no big deal at all.

tylertown

hi girls i have a question i'm thinking of buying boundless tresses. and I wanted to know how many ounces is in the small bottle? also do you have more new growth with it because the sulfer is turning your hair back *i heard sulfur can do that* or have any of you not been able to grow your hair and saw a difference. thank you for your help.

momi

A difference is an understatement. I have a set of cornrows that are two weeks old. I already have 1/2 inch of new growth... it looks like it is time for them to be redone.

Disclaimer: My hair grows pretty fast normally, but not this fast.

tylertown

A difference is an understatement. I have a set of cornrows that are two weeks old. I already have 1/2 inch of new growth... it looks like it is time for them to be redone.

Disclaimer: My hair grows pretty fast normally, but not this fast.
momi do u have the small bottle? How many ounces is in that one?
how long did it last?

lunabelle

Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm glad to hear no one has had any problems with it. I may get my full thick bsl after all.:drunk:

achangedlife

I have the 8oz bottle. I've been using it for the last 3 months. Looks like I'm finally getting to the bottom of it. Next time I'm ordering the big refill and the grease for my daughter. I'm usually good about using it every night or at least every other. I've slacked off the last couple wks and have been using it maybe 3x a week. But I would say that it last a long enough and worth the price.

Snuckles

The only thing I'll tell you about BT is to make sure you moisturize your hair. I loss a patch of hair (which I'm still trying to recover from) in the crown of my head due to the sulfer and not moisturizing. I believe if you search there was at least one other person that I talked with at the time that has had this happen to them.

Yes, I'm pissed to high heaven that I have to recover from a product that was supposed to grow my hair but that's my fault for not totally understanding what I needed to do.

Yes, I'm still pissed!

With all of that being said I still use BT (in my crown area mostly) to hopefully grow it back quicker. I just pay attention to moisturizing the area more.

BT is a great product just make sure that you know how to take care of your hair while using it.

momi

The only thing I'll tell you about BT is to make sure you moisturize your hair. I loss a patch of hair (which I'm still trying to recover from) in the crown of my head due to the sulfer and not moisturizing. I believe if you search there was at least one other person that I talked with at the time that has had this happen to them.

Yes, I'm pissed to high heaven that I have to recover from a product that was supposed to grow my hair but that's my fault for not totally understanding what I needed to do.

Yes, I'm still pissed!

With all of that being said I still use BT (in my crown area mostly) to hopefully grow it back quicker. I just pay attention to moisturizing the area more.

BT is a great product just make sure that you know how to take care of your hair while using it.

Hmm... I have cornrows and have only been using braid spray for moisture. Do you think I should be using something in addition to that?

Snuckles

You know I have no idea because I'm still not an expert. Perhaps a LHCF black belt will come in and share some widsom.

MzOptimistic

I LOVE BT soooo much! This oil has allowed me to stop taking all them vitamins I was taking. I only take 2 vitamins now and my hair is still growing fast, if not faster. I love this stuff soooo much:yep: Please, please, don't sleep on BT, plz don't :nono: I baggie with it once a week and that works wonders for my hair.:grin: * trying to save money, a sista is broke now a day, due to tuition, bills, bills, bills, and did I say bills?* but baby once I'm all good again. I'll be using my BT 3 times a week like before:grin:

BrownSkin2

I had a negative effect that I posted about a few months back. I got an acheing rash on my neck while I was using it. I used it for about 2 months and when I stopped, I got a burning sensation and acheing on my scalp and down my neck for about a month later. When I posted about it on here, two others PMed me to tell me it happened to them as well. One person stated that they went to the emergency room to get treated because it scared her and the doctor told her that her scalp had become inflamed. She said that it had never happened before using BT. I didn't seek treatment, I just continued to deep condition and do hot oil treatments, and the sensations went away a month later. I never used it again. This is just my experience.

I bought two bottles. One has never been opened. I'd like to sell it for 2/3 of the price. Just PM me, if interested.

PanamasOwn

Im curious to know for naturals that have used BT, how did this help? Did you see an enhanced growth? I know for some naturals it already hard to tell whether your hair is actually growing or not, so did this help make that process a lil easier?

I have considered buying this too, I just am not sure if it will live up to the hype... (heck, i will buy anything that will make this transition go faster)

lunabelle

Thanks for the encouragement tsmith and sorry to hear that Brownskin2. At least, I know what could happen. I'm being cautious because I have very sensitive skin, but if I do decide to get some I'll let you know.

gabulldawg

I also have been using BT for about 5 months now. I bought a bottle back in June and I'm STILL not done with it! I use it faithfully every day, sometimes twice a day. And I consider myself to be fairly heavy-handed! The product is great. I had my hair in braids for less than a week and already noticed ng with using BT mixed with MN. The MN alone wasn't really showing me any results, so I know that BT contributed to the growth. I've already taken the braids down. I have never had any issues with dryness. Not only does BT help my hair grow, but I also have not seen ONE FLAKE of dandruff since I've started using it. I guess it's something about the sulphur. I also love the smell (bought the scented one). I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about using it.

ETA: I too have sensitive skin. I haven't noticed any adverse reactions from the BT on my scalp OR my skin surrounding my scalp.

MissLawyerLady

I have been using BT daily for one week and my new growth is amazing!!!
I love this stuff!:blowkiss:

Someone else mentioned that they heard sulfur may make your hair revert and I thought that had to be what was happening instead of new growth, since it was happening so fast, but the rest of my hair is still super straight. It's all new growth.

I haven't had any adverse reaction to the BT- I use the scented. I'm getting relaxed on 11/15 so I'm going to stop the BT 10 days before just b/c my scalp/skin is sensitive, but I haven't had any problems.

I'm heavy-handed with products and probably use more than I should. I've noticed that it drips down the sides of my head some if I use too much and I appear to be growing sideburns now. :ohwell: It's some potent stuff!

I washed last night and I was thinking to myself that I've got 2 more washes to go before my relaxer. I'm sure to be a hot-mess with all this new growth this soon!

I do make sure that I shake it really well- as the instructions say. I actually go overboard, set my timer, and shake it for 2 minutes to make sure everything is mixed really well.

Last edited:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
When I was using the BT, I didn't notice any negative side effects from using it. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to order my next bottle soon!!

hot_pepper96

I also noticed breakage using this. My edges are thinning and I would see short peices of hair coming off when I would apply it to my edges (even though I moisturized the area consistently). I have stopped using it and now use Vatika Oil, but I'm having the same problem with seeing broken hairs come off when I apply the Vatika Oil.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Just another case of what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. I saw a lot of this when people were using Dr. Miracles. While some people were getting excellent results from it, others were experiencing major breakage and hair loss. BT may not work for everyone, but you never know until you try.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Just be aware because you never know if you have a sulfur allergy and can get a reaction if you use too much

alwayzalady22

i've been using BT for some time now (i'm on my second bottle), and i have yet to experience negative side effects! now mtg....that was a different story! :look: that mess used to have my neck itchin up a STORM, and i remember taking progress pics one day and my neck was BLACK! :perplexed i think naturallady has come up with a good ratio of oil to sulfur, cuz i don't have any of those problems with BT!

i also use BT with MN, but because i'm natural and don't straighten my hair too frequently, i'm not sure how much growth i've gotten...i have experienced a major increase in thickness (it's like i have 2 heads of hair now!) which i'll partly attribute to BT, but i also wanna give biotin its credit too!

i think when i run out of this bottle, i'm gonna try the grease....are grease users having as much success as regular BT users?