My hair is breaking...which protein product should I use?

ShiShiPooPoo

For some reason I am dealing with some breakage right now. I am noticing little hairs with no bulb about an inch and a half long when I comb. I cannot afford to run out and buy a new product so...if I tell you what I already have can you tell me which one would be best until I am able to run out and buy something (when I get paid next week). I have stopped wearing my hair down and it is now pulled back. The protein products that I have are: Aphogee 2 Minute, Elasta QP Breakage Serum, Aveda DR Line, Eggs mixed with conditioner. Which one or combo? TIA

VelvetRain

Aphogee was too strong for my hair. Come to think of it DRC 28 was as well. I have always used nexxus emergencee with great results. I would just be sure to do a heavy duty moisturzing conditioning treatment with heat after you use it.

Sorry I realized you didn't have the product I mentioned. Nix the elasta qp crap. That didn't do jack for me. I guess you are stuck with the aphogee

gymfreak336

For some reason I am dealing with some breakage right now. I am noticing little hairs with no bulb about an inch and a half long when I comb. I cannot afford to run out and buy a new product so...if I tell you what I already have can you tell me which one would be best until I am able to run out and buy something (when I get paid next week). I have stopped wearing my hair down and it is now pulled back. The protein products that I have are: Aphogee 2 Minute, Elasta QP Breakage Serum, Aveda DR Line, Eggs mixed with conditioner. Which one or combo? TIA

You have two of my favorites; the aphogee and the elasta qp. You should be okay with really any of the conditioners you have. Try the aveda dr since it will still add some moisture first. If that doesn't do it try the aphogee.

ShiShiPooPoo

Hey Gym...

Do you think I need to do the hardcore Aphogee when I get paid or is that for some SERIOUS breakage? My breakage isn't like:cry3:but it is unsettling since I don't ever have breakage.

ShiShiPooPoo

Have you used the aveda before? The pj in me is coming out again.

Yes I have used it maybe 4 times. The first couple of times I was not impressed but then I tried it again and WHOA! I had the results that everyone raves about. I posted about it here and someone said that maybe my hair didn't really need the protein the first few times I used it but by the last time I was protein deficient and that is why I felt a difference. I mean, I was really walking around at first like "Aveda is overrated."

VelvetRain

I remember using aveda products back in the day. I too thought they were overrated and kinda pricey. I may look into that product.

gymfreak336

Hey Gym...

Do you think I need to do the hardcore Aphogee when I get paid or is that for some SERIOUS breakage? My breakage isn't like:cry3:but it is unsettling since I don't ever have breakage.

Don't do the hardcore. It is much easier an better to slowly add more protein than it is to fix too much.

ShiShiPooPoo

Michelle-I know what you mean. I still don't know if the Aveda DR is as good as the price says.

Gym-Point well taken. I am using the serum right now. I did clarify first because I had a lot of buildup which I know can contribute to breakage as well. After this I will deep condish and so we'll see.