Miconazole Nitrate

SpecialC

A friend in my mothers computer class told her that the reason for all of her new growth was because of something she added to her african pride hair product. My mother ask what was it and she said monistat....... Her friends beautian told her to do this and it worked for her balb spot. I looked it up online and the ingredient is also used for a number of other things. My mother has been using this since Oct 15th and has about 3 inches of new growth.... but my mother mixed hers with DOO GRO.

Please respond and tell me what you think.

I truely hope this help. I went out on my lunch break to get some also. My sister works for a Dr. ... she said that M N is also found in Finasteride a product that is used for men who are going bald. I am not balded but it is working for two people that I know of. I mentioned it to a close friend and she said a co worker of hers uses it also and her hair is long ............ made me say hmmmmmmm. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Constance

A

AmilLion

WOW, I'm not knocking that it doesn't work, but I can't exactly imagine using Yeast Infection creme on my hair.

I think I'll just stick to the old fashion, moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.

SpecialC

I started using this morning,,,,,, I will keep you informed... but my moms hair look great.

Constance /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I'm not knocking anyone's techniques, but I think I'll stay away from this one, too!
Another thing--bald headed men have different needs for hair growth than a women that just wants to speed up or lengthen her growth cycle. That's why stuff like Rogaine doesn't work for us. Unless were suffering from male pattern baldness!
But if it works, you gotta do you! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe I'll discover a miracle hair growth product in my medicine cabinet...
Something cheap like toothpaste or Bactine! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

vevster

I'm using the Sheeps Sorrel cream mentioned in Essence. That is designed for HAIR. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ennyaa

I look forward to hearing the results from the Sorrel Cream and the Monistat before I make any decisions. I'm pretty open minded and will try most things (so long as I don't have to tell anyone. lol) But I'm already doing so much I will wait for some results from other ladies on here.

NayNay

SpecialC,
cute name by the way....perhaps the person had a bald spot caused by some type of bacteria or fungi and that is why the hairdresser recommended to apply the product there.....don't think I will participate in that one...but who knows...keep us posted.

carrie

I agree with NayNay. Everything that has the Miconazole Nitrate in it is used as some type of anti-fungal. But I still am curious. Not enough to try it though!

SpecialC

Well, I do know that my mothers hair is in good condition except for the thin are from aging....... and it is working for her. The ingredient is found in a lot of other things beside monistat, but monistat is the cheapest form. Some of the other products that contain the same amount of this ingredient cost around $60-$70. So I would much rather save the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Constance

diamoness

Special C, I want to try it on my bald spot...It can't hurt right? How much did your mother mix with the doo gro? ...and was it monistat 7?

ketoconazole, from the same family, is the main ingredient in nizoral....and I know a few people who swear by it for hair growth, it's just so darn expensive.

SpecialC

My mother only mixed about 1/4 off the tube in her 8oz jar of vitalizer. So, it doesn't take much. Keep me up on your progress. I sopke to my niece in Houston.... she is a beautian and some of her cliental use it also. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Constance /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpecialC

Update,

I have been using miconazole since the 12th of Dec and I have about an 1 1/2 inches of new growth, and hair around the edges were I didn't have any before. So this does work. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CICI24

That's good! do you take vitamins also? what did you mix yours with? what is your normal growth rate? How often do you use it?

Thanks,
CICI

pebbles

Wow, It really works? That's great to hear! I'm happy for you that it's working. Who would have thought.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
i went out and bought some so I am gonna try this but SpecialC i was wondering how it has been working for you.

diamoness

I tried it on my ,at that time , bald spot for a few weeks and my hair did fill in beautifully. I can't even tell that it was once bald cuz that spot is completely covered. Sorry I didn't post this sooner....I forgot all about it.

beana3

okay diamoness, you know you're going to have to give us EVERY detail

How often did you us it?
When did you start to see results?
What did you mix it with??

Thanks ahead of time! BTW i just viewed you album an your hair is off the hook!!! I mean, I'm very impressed with the health, sheen, and length of it!!!! Plus you have retained so much growth from december..

LionsMane

You can't possibly be serious... are you sure you don't have this mixed up with MINOXODIL?

Unless you and your mother have a ringworm on your scalp, I don't see how this is benefitting you at all.

For those of you falling for this if that's what she meant... you must be on crack.

diamoness

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beana3 said:
okay diamoness, you know you're going to have to give us EVERY detail

How often did you us it?
When did you start to see results?
What did you mix it with??

Thanks ahead of time! BTW i just viewed you album an your hair is off the hook!!! I mean, I'm very impressed with the health, sheen, and length of it!!!! Plus you have retained so much growth from december..

[/ QUOTE ]

beana3,

I used it for about 2 1/2 weeks in dec. 2002. I mixed 1/4 tube of monistat 3 into about three teaspoons of doo gro grease(the one that is purple). I applied it daily after my conditioner washes and massaged it in for about 30 seconds. I didn't really notice growth in the area until my next touch up....in March. I just thought the stuff was making hair surrounding the bald spot a little kinkier than the rest of my hair. If I had kept on using it, I probably would have seen better results. The only reason I stopped was b/c I was on this "NO GREASE" thing.

Titansgirl

Diamoness, your hair is gorgeous!!!
You have retained a lot of hair!! Do you think that using the monistat w/ the grease helped you growth overall? Or did you only apply this to the bald spot?

diamoness

Thanks Titansgirl, you ladies and my hairstylist are the only ones that get to see my real hair. Everyone else just thinks I'm crazy. I think they think I bald or somthin'. But when I reach my brastrap goal....hopefully by September, heads will be a turnin'!!!
To answer you question, I only applied it to the bald spot, but I don't see why it wouldn't work all over the scalp.

kisz4tj

I may have to give this a try and chart my progress week by week, is anybody else willing to give this a go with me, Lord knows I've got a few bald spots.

Wanda

I've been using it for about a month now and I do see a little difference in my thinning area. I really would see more results if I used it more often. By the way, how often should I use it..daily or weekly?