Get Outta My Spirit!

Now, I know that with this one I am kinda putting myself on blast, but I have to post this. There are some things that God had been dealing with me on and I have found myself sharing this with other people like crazy ever since God allowed me to become aware of it. I have shared a lot of this information with a couple of you on here already privately, but I know that there are a lot of other people that are dealing with this and don't even realize it. You have questions like:

- How do I get over him?
- Why can't I stop thinking about him?
- It's been years and he is still on my mind, but why?
- Why does it seem like something in my bubbles up whenever I am around him?

This is an issue that had bothered me for years, until God took me on this journey a few months back. Please follow the link to read what God showed me. The blog is called "Get Outta My Spirit!".

http://blog.myspace.com/thegirltolove

I have to share this.....I feel a conviction to do so and I am willing to put my business out there so that others can be free. I pray that this helps someone. Be blessed.....

Last edited:

upandcoming

Let Go, by T.D. Jakes
---
There are people who can walk away from you.

And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk.

I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.

When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay.

LET THEM GO!

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead.

You've got to know when it's dead.

You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of goodbye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in goodbye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay.

LET THEM GO!

If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to...

LET THEM GO!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains...

LET THEM GO!

If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth...

LET THEM GO!

If someone has angered you...

LET THEM GO!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge...

LET THEM GO!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction...

LET THEM GO!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents...

LET THEM GO!

If you have a bad attitude...

LET THEM GO!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better...

LET THEM GO!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship.......

LET THEM GO!

If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves...

LET THEM GO!

If you're feeling depressed and stressed...

LET THEM GO!

Get Right or Get Left, think about it, and then...

LET THEM GO!

Royal Glory

That "Let them go" message by T.D. Jakes is awesome. God can't replace him with the new one He has chosen for you as long has you cling to the old.

bludacious

Thought: Imagine driving down the highway...And you are trying to get home. If you are driving and looking in the rear view mirror you are going to hit something...My point is you can't move forward if you are always looking backwards. You will always hit a stumbling block because you can't see what's in front of you! Let Go of the past it's clouding your way so that you can't see your future...

Matthew 9:17Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."
I added this verse to say that we have to let the old(past) go because the old don't mixed with the new (future).

thegirltolove said:
Now, I know that with this one I am kinda putting myself on blast, but I have to post this. There are some things that God had been dealing with me on and I have found myself sharing this with other people like crazy ever since God allowed me to become aware of it. I have share a lot of this information with a couple of you on here already privately, but I know that there are a lot of other people that are dealing with this and don't even realize it. You have questions like:

- How do I get over him?

This is an issue that had bothered me for years, until God took me on this journey a few months back. Please follow the link to read what God showed me. The blog is called "Get Outta My Spirit!".

I have to share this.....I feel a conviction to do so and I am willing to put my business out there so that others can be free. I pray that this helps someone. Be blessed.....

Sorry ladies....I fixed it now....

Last edited:

Xavier

That post was a blessing to me. I am working on "divorcing" this one person and it is not an easy task since I have a child with the man. Being totally set free and delivered from this bondage situation was part of my new year's resolution and I claim the victory I have already claimed the victory. Thanks for the encouragement.;)

Divine Inspiration

That was a good read. It'a amazing what God will do when we move out of His way.

He told me to "wait" in response to my process of purging my ex out of my system, mentally & emotionally.

I was like, "But God, I'm ready to be done with NOW." And He keeps saying wait...so um...I'm sitting on my hands right now. He told me January 8...so that date is highlighted on my calendar and between now and then, I'm praying, fasting, writing, and preparing myself to receive whatever He's got.

Anyway, um, OP, you know Karin Foster?!?!? And I saw Jacob's Well in your top however many...girl, Karin is such a wonderful lady. I spoke at The Process on January 20. Were you there? I know you live in San Antonio, but we had some people from out of town in attendance.

Divine Inspiration said:
That was a good read. It'a amazing what God will do when we move out of His way.

He told me to "wait" in response to my process of purging my ex out of my system, mentally & emotionally.

I was like, "But God, I'm ready to be done with NOW." And He keeps saying wait...so um...I'm sitting on my hands right now. He told me January 8...so that date is highlighted on my calendar and between now and then, I'm praying, fasting, writing, and preparing myself to receive whatever He's got.

Anyway, um, OP, you know Karin Foster?!?!? And I saw Jacob's Well in your top however many...girl, Karin is such a wonderful lady. I spoke at The Process on January 20. Were you there? I know you live in San Antonio, but we had some people from out of town in attendance.

Yeah! We are MySpace friends. We talk about these kinda these things. I have yet to meet her though. I think that she has such an awesome spirit though. I can feel it through the screen....lol. I wasn't there......work and all, but I am gonna try to make it to one of those events yet! I might have to take a pass..... How was "The Process"?

Divine Inspiration

thegirltolove said:
Yeah! We are MySpace friends. We talk about these kinda these things. I have yet to meet her though. I think that she has such an awesome spirit though. I can feel it through the screen....lol. I wasn't there......work and all, but I am gonna try to make it to one of those events yet! I might have to take a pass..... How was "The Process"?

Yeah, she's such a wise and anointed lady. I enjoy interacting with her every chance I get.

The Process was absolutely positively AMAZING. I was truly blessed and uplifted by being in the presence of such wonderful people. There are SO many young people who need to hear that message. The event was just wonderful. I'm actually planning something similar for my hometown, nd I'm beside myself with excitement. My thinking is how amazing these young women can be if we can impart just a fraction of our experience and wisdom on them...think about all of the heartache and ills they can avoid by simply receiving a message from a woman of God. :clap: I only wish that there had been something like that around when I was 13-18. We had a Youth Department at my church, and we were ministered to, but there's something special about a conference/ministry that's just for young black women and their unique needs.

Anyway, sorry for typing you to death, but it was wonderful! :)

brownsugababe said:
That post was a blessing to me. I am working on "divorcing" this one person and it is not an easy task since I have a child with the man. Being totally set free and delivered from this bondage situation was part of my new year's resolution and I claim the victory I have already claimed the victory. Thanks for the encouragement.;)

Well, thank God... I just pray that God will help others out of that "bondage" the way that He helped me. It feels wonderful, cause He told me that I was supposed to get married soon, but it was not to the man that I was engaged to (especially since He told me this after we broke up....:lol:) but then the "divorcees" began to hit me up all at the same time, from all over the country, in all types of ways.....folks I hadn't heard from in years....all at the same time (that shows you how God works too.... especially when these people think that they are just doing something of their own accord...lol. I just love God)!

Anyways, after those people were kicked to the "spiritual curb" lol...then he allowed the man that I have been praying for, for years to find me (and ya'll, he is all that I ever prayed he would be and MORE!:love::love:) So, now I am ready to move into the blessing that God has set before me.... all I am saying is that, you never know what God has in store for you. Just be obedient to His Word!

baby42

THANK YOU THANKYOU I AM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO EMAIL THIS TO MY SISTER IN LAW CAUSE HER CHILD IS HAVEING A HARD TIME LETTING GO AND IT SO SAD BECAUSE SHE IS A GOOD PERSON I HATE TO SEE HER IN PAIN AND I PRAY THAT SHE GETS OVER HIM I HAD TO PRAY A PERSON OUT OF MY LIFE ALSO I WANT HER TO READ TJ JAKE ALSO AND I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE AND GOD BLESS YOU AND START STRONG:) :)

Divine Inspiration said:
Yeah, she's such a wise and anointed lady. I enjoy interacting with her every chance I get.

The Process was absolutely positively AMAZING. I was truly blessed and uplifted by being in the presence of such wonderful people. There are SO many young people who need to hear that message. The event was just wonderful. I'm actually planning something similar for my hometown, nd I'm beside myself with excitement. My thinking is how amazing these young women can be if we can impart just a fraction of our experience and wisdom on them...think about all of the heartache and ills they can avoid by simply receiving a message from a woman of God. :clap: I only wish that there had been something like that around when I was 13-18. We had a Youth Department at my church, and we were ministered to, but there's something special about a conference/ministry that's just for young black women and their unique needs.

Anyway, sorry for typing you to death, but it was wonderful! :)

No need to apologize.....I have been feeling God tugging at me to do something for the young women also. Young people in general, but the young ladies in particular. I know that will be a large part of my ministry. I have been talking about that all day today as a matter of fact. (God, what are You telling me????????:look::look:) But, I wanna do something..... I think I need to think about this some more.... bring it to the Lord. It has been on my heart WAAAAY too strong!

Last edited:

upandcoming

This is SO true. What a blessing. God has been speaking to me about the ENTIRE year since the last few months of last year and it's CRAZY how we let people enter our spirits and we don't even know it. Even asides from the physical interaction - you could be with a man in a relationship and you're EMOTIONALLY entwined without ever having intercourse and that person can SERIOUSLY impact your spirit. I'm speaking from experience.

I've learned the hard way that the same applies to friends, tv shows, music, etc. I have cut down, pretty much ERASED a lot of the junk I exposed myself to. Secular rap music, hip hop, certain TV shows, a lot of 'love songs', people, certain books, websites...And while I haven't physically SEEN spirits, I've DEFINITELY felt a lot of 'weight' lifted out of me and I've been thinking a lot more clearly.

I'm so grateful for your post. =)

togethernessinchrist said:
This is SO true. What a blessing. God has been speaking to me about the ENTIRE year since the last few months of last year and it's CRAZY how we let people enter our spirits and we don't even know it. Even asides from the physical interaction - you could be with a man in a relationship and you're EMOTIONALLY entwined without ever having intercourse and that person can SERIOUSLY impact your spirit. I'm speaking from experience.

I've learned the hard way that the same applies to friends, tv shows, music, etc. I have cut down, pretty much ERASED a lot of the junk I exposed myself to. Secular rap music, hip hop, certain TV shows, a lot of 'love songs', people, certain books, websites...And while I haven't physically SEEN spirits, I've DEFINITELY felt a lot of 'weight' lifted out of me and I've been thinking a lot more clearly.

I'm so grateful for your post. =)

First of all thank you.....and I thank God for this word also..... I have found that I need to separate myself from a lot of things also. I can't allow things into my spirit that other folks can. I can't be in the midst of certain people with certain conversations. I can't even watch certain T.V shows. Since being saved, I have become so much more aware of the things that I allow in my spirit. Now I am even more aware of my spirit.

One thing that a lot of folks don't realize is that we are made in God's image. It's not about eyes, a nose and a mouth. The Word says that God is a Spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and truth. So that means that we are spirits. We just have a soul and a body to hold all of that in. Yet, we place all our focus on the packaging (the flesh) and neglect the very core of us...our origin....our spirit.

That is why I thank God so much that He has allowed me to be more aware of my spirit and what I allow into it (or who). This is so true sistah. Thank you for posting this.

lonesomedove said:
Thank you for this post, it came right on time. I've been praying about this very same thing. God is so good!

Yes He is and I thank Him for knowing what we need when we need it! He is so awesome. That's why I love him!:love:

EbonyEyes

thegirltolove said:
Now, I know that with this one I am kinda putting myself on blast, but I have to post this. There are some things that God had been dealing with me on and I have found myself sharing this with other people like crazy ever since God allowed me to become aware of it. I have share a lot of this information with a couple of you on here already privately, but I know that there are a lot of other people that are dealing with this and don't even realize it. You have questions like:

- How do I get over him?

Thank you so much for your Myspace post! It's as if God's blessing on you is trickling down on me....I got out of a ONE MONTH relationship in November and I am still hurting over it. You would have thought we were together for 10 years the way I'm reeling. I'm still in love with this man and it doesn't help that I'm good friends with his mom and he and I attend the same church. People in church still ask "Are you two working things out?" when we give each other a friendly hug and I still feel the looks on me when people notice that we are no longer sitting together, but we are now on opposite sides of the church. I've been praying to God that if he is not the man for me that he purge me of these feelings, but it's not happening fast enough. He's in my thoughts and in my spirit and I want him gone! Hopefully God will provide some insight for me on how to spiritually divorce this man. Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Studio_gal

Thank you so much for starting this post. At least I know I'm not crazy!

I broke up with my last boyfriend nearly 2 years ago - and there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't cross my mind. We didn't end on good terms and I don't want him back in my life at all. He was verbally and emotionally abusive. Not a good man at all.
I have been praying to God to remove him from my thoughts and my dreams. He just won't go away.

Its comforting to know that I'm not alone in feeling this way.
Thank you for your myspace page too.:)

Jenaee

Thank GOD for this post. I just got out of a 2yr toxic relationship about a month ago and having such a hard time letting him go. We didn't end on good terms and I know he was wasn't the man GOD wanted for me. I think about him everyday though. This was just what I needed. Thank GOD for you!!

I just thank God for you ladies so much. I am so grateful that He is using ME of all people to help others. You ladies are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for the kind words (publically and privately), you ladies are really doing my heart so much good. God bless you all and thank you again.