How I got 2 inches of growth in one month...

JazzAngel

Like most of the members I do have my share of daily vitamins. Recently I got soo disgusted with the whole hair thing and really slacked of on taking my vitamins. BUT, I am on a very high protein diet for weight loss. Since being very focus with my diet I am aware of taking in a minum of 130grams of protien a day. I also run 7 miles a day.

A few days ago a friend of mine measure my hair only to discover that I had succeded in growing and retaining 2 inches of growth for the month.

I tried reaching this 2 inch goal in May or was it June and all I got was about 1 1/2, that was with all my vitamis. I was a bit disappointed and for this I just got disgused, but now on this high protein diet sans vitamins I reached it.

Part of my plan includes taking a Whey protein supplement.

<font color="blue">So could it be that protein alone would increase hair growth? </font>

sabie19

Congratulations on your hair growth. I have read that protein is hair. What foods do you eat everyday on your high protein diet? I may just start this diet. I would love my hair to grow. I also use Whey and I take it every morning.

JazzAngel

Dejuan42, I am taking Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein. It's a 5lb container from The Vitamin store. One serving is 22grams. I usually have 2 servings.

The first time when I begain monitoring my hair growth about 1 1/2 year ago. I started with a liquid protein and everyone was shocked to see how fast my hair grew. When I sit down I think of my diet then I realize that I was also on a hight protwin diet so it was not the supplment alone but my over all protein consumption.

sabie19, Here is an idear of say yesterday. I had 3 eggs for breakfast. Lunch usually Salmon or Tuna with a small salad. Mid day I have the shake. Dinner I have 3 boiled eggs with some kind of vegetable.

3 eggs 24 grams (include cheese some days 8grams)
salmon 40 grams (about, maybe more maybe a bit less)
shake 44 grams
3 eggs 24 grams

total 132 grams

sometimes I have a cliff bar which is another 11 grams of protein. Also add cheese for breakfast. That it!

vevster

[ QUOTE ]
So could it be that protein alone would increase hair growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, Your hair is protein. That is why I take digestive enzymes so that I make sure I break down the protein that I am eating so that it gets to my hair. Very important.

dahllia

[ QUOTE ]
I had 3 eggs for breakfast. Lunch usually Salmon or Tuna with a small salad. Mid day I have the shake. Dinner I have 3 boiled eggs with some kind of vegetable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds good and all and I would love to try this but I was always told that we should only eat 3 eggs per week at most. My mother and grandmother, the " health experts " of the family told me this, saying it was dangerous to eat a lot of eggs (excess protein and high cholesterol, etc.) Do you know anything different to this? Please share if you do. I trust my fam, but they cannot be on point about everything

JenJen2721

I think it's a combination of the high protein diet AND the exercise (stimulation to the scalp.)

Congratulations JazzAngel...that's awesome!

PrincessM

Wow... that's cool
!!! Do the eggs HAVE to be boiled? I love boiled eggs but the cafeteria at school won't make them.

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely, Your hair is protein. That is why I take digestive enzymes so that I make sure I break down the protein that I am eating so that it gets to my hair. Very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Vester, someone told me about taking enzymes before. I will have to look into it. It's just that she showed me some huge pills and they were soo many to take.

What are you taking? Can you share please? I would like to look into that.

JazzAngel

Neke, not always do I have 6 eggs but alot of times I do. I am no great cook and it's easy. I also feel that it's not just the eggs but the over all cosumption of protein.

dontspeakdefeat, thanks alot!

dahilla, I have read in many other places where it is stated that this fear of cholestoral in eggs is unfounded. I will have to go back to the book I read and see if I can find the quotes. Also my focus is weight loos and quite honestly I dont worry. I belive in living my life in the best way I can now and let nature take it's course.

JenJen2721 Thanks alot! Yes I agree with you that it's that combination of exercise and added protein. My metabolism has probabily sped up quite a bit last month and this month.

PrincessM, No I dont belive that the eggs have to be boiled. I make an omlett for breakfast.

<font color="blue">I do not attribute my growth to just eggs. I comsume alot alot of fish on most days. Just recently I have had little time to prepare it. I believe it's the over all consumption of protein, which I focused on for weight loss purpose. Also keep in mind that I work out more than average. </font>

<font color="red">What was most interesting to me was that I no longer took my vitamins and gained more growth on this diet plan than when I took them religiously.
</font>

S

Stylepink

Protein is great for hair. I'm on the Lindora diet and one of the side effects is increased hair growth. Its a protein based diet and its been great for my hair and my health. Another great protein plan is Atkins. You have to be careful though not to consume to much protein for too long. Its known to cause kidney and liver damage if not done correctly.

Zuppy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So could it be that protein alone would increase hair growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Vester... please explain, I didn't know protein had to be broken down - plain ol water won't due?

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
wow that is too many eggs for me but thanks for the info

[/ QUOTE ]
prettygirl sweetheart, this is not an egg diet. It's a high protein diet. You can have some other subsitute.

Foxycus02

Dahlia: If u fear high cholesterol found in eggs try a substitute such as eggbeaters it contains all the protein without the cholesterol.

Jazz Angel: 7 miles a day, whoa are you training for a marathon?
Ive been on a high protein diet and I also consume carbs found in fruits and veggies, the pounds have been shedding off like crazy. I combine the diet w/ mary windsor pilates and running a mile every other day. If its just for weight loss dont you think you might be overdoing it a tad bit, that and along w/ the fact that you should rest your muscles a day in between workouts.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Hmmmm...I'm up for it. I forsee a bun/high protein diet challenge in my future.
Thanks for the info JazzyAngel and keep us updated on your progress pls. How long do you plan to continue this &amp; OT you said your goal was weightloss, how has the 130g contributed towards that? Reached/reahing your goal?

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
JazzAngel: 7 miles a day, whoa are you training for a marathon?
Ive been on a high protein diet and I also consume carbs found in fruits and veggies, the pounds have been shedding off like crazy. I combine the diet w/ mary windsor pilates and running a mile every other day. If its just for weight loss dont you think you might be overdoing it a tad bit, that and along w/ the fact that you should rest your muscles a day in between workouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxycus02, congratulations on your successful weight lost. To answer your question, actually I have been a serious runner most of my life. Recently I have had a few set backs and have gained some extra pounds but now I would like to lean up again. But, 7 miles is the norm for me. Some days I do more.

Have your really seen good results with the Windsor Pilates tape? I actually have it but I need to be more focus and use it more often. Thanks for reminding me of it.

lauren727

if you guys are worried about the cholesterol, all of the cholesterol is in the yolk, the white has no fat and no cholesterol. The egg white contains the highest concentration of protein anyway.it's really not even necessary to eat the yolk and it is recommended that we have no more than 3 yolks a week. however, the yolk does contain most of the vitamins and minerals (except magnesium, which the egg white contains most of) I hate the taste of the yolk anyway, and eat only the whites.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I am curious to know if the same results could be obtained without the egg yolk. If one of you guys does this without the yolk, keep us informed of your results. Thanks

pooh123

JazzAngel congratulations on your phenominal growth!! I'm glad your routine is working for you.

I wish my hair would grow at a faster rate. I actually trained four months for my first marathon and completed it in May. I didn't get any extra growth while I was training.

pooh123