Spin-off: What products did your mom use on your hair?

goldensensation

What products did your mom use on your hair as a child?

My mom used:

Dax (the green one, I remember the smell, metal top and picture of the woman with the long flowing hair). :lol:

White Rain Conditioner I remember it smelling like yummy strawberries.

Balsam Shampoo and Conditioner

Allways Products- These came out as I got older and I remember us trying the grease with all of the herbs. It made my hair feel very thick.

angelita842002

Any kind of cheap shampoo and conditioner like suave or vo5 or white rain. and blue magic coconut grease and that was it!!!! and me and all of my sisters had long hair.

ashiah

What is up with people having longer hair as kids? My mom used that awful Infusium 23 and hair grease like Blue Magic and Pink Hair Moisturizer. But my hair was so long and thick.

Cheleigh

She used the blue-green Ultra Sheen grease (rarely the green, for some reason). That black rubber comb with the handle.

I don't even know what shampoo or conditioner she used, because I don't recall ever getting my hair washed at home (my great aunt was a hair stylist, so I always got my hair washed, pressed and curled there).

My hair was long too. I'm guessing that protective styling and low manipulation had a lot to do with that.

Radianthealth

OT: GS I have a picture of me wearing that same outfit when I was a baby!!!:D

Back on topic:

Glover's Mane, Blue Magic, Baby Love Moisturizer , Dark & Lovely Relaxer, White Rain:(

metamorfhosis

Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo, no conditioner, and Vaseline..... :lachen:

And the thing about it was that my hair was passed bra strap length......

goldensensation

trimbride said:
OT: GS I have a picture of me wearing that same outfit when I was a baby!!!:D

Awww, really? Cool. You know I still have that little outfit. It's all discolored and tucked away somewhere in my underwear drawer. :lol:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Suave, Balsam products, Pret Plus :lol: ...mostly the inexpensive stuff. We also used Royal Crown and TCB hair grease. She washed all of our hair (I have two older sisters) on the same day about once a month. After washing our hair, she sat us under a hooded dryer (Lady Daisy :grin: ) while she was working on the next head. She always pressed our hair before oiling it and putting it into 2 to 6 braided pony tails. ;) The three of us all had very long hair. My oldest sister had the shortest (but thickest) hair and her's was bra strap. We kept our hair in those pony tails every day, but my mother would freshen them before shcool a bit by simply re-braiding them and smoothing the sides down.

goldensensation

Legend said:
Suave, Balsam products, Pret Plus :lol: ...mostly the inexpensive stuff. We also used Royal Crown and TCB hair grease. She washed all of our hair (I have two older sisters) on the same day about once a month. After washing our hair, she sat us under a hooded dryer (Lady Daisy :grin: ) while she was working on the next head. She always pressed our hair before oiling it and putting it into 2 to 6 braided pony tails. ;) The three of us all had very long hair. My oldest sister had the shortest (but thickest) hair and her's was bra strap. We kept our hair in those pony tails every day, but my mother would freshen them before shcool a bit by simply re-braiding them and smoothing the sides down.

Flashback!

I loved having five ponytails (as opposed to 4, 3 or 2). My hair did so well back then. It was at least "bra-strap". I remember her dipping the brush in a cup of water to brush up the sides. I also liked twists better than braids. :lol:

My hair issues started when I wanted to be "grown". At the age of 10, I demanded that I wear my hair in a single ponytail everyday. My hair dried out and broke off to just below shoulder.

natstar

Care free curl shamppo (didn't have a curl) and I don't remeber any condish. Maybe it was a 2 in 1 formula. Also whatever hair grease (like blue magic) was around. My hair was longer than now for sure but mainly really thick.

locabouthair

dax grease mixed with olive oil, castor oil, and cod liver oil and vaseline. my grandmother would put this in my hair religiously. she used to put so much grease because i had dry hair. needless to say my hair did not grow past my ear lobe.

Starian

Blue Magic and Sulfur 8. Creme of Nature shampoo and that Just For Me Detangling stuff, although she had to cut that out because my hair took a little over half a bottle for each combing.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Vaseline hair tonic (Basically a good smelling light mineral oil. She said the dr said not to use heavy greases on our scalps. I used to love this stuff)
cream of nature shampoo
cholesterol conditioner
vitapointe

i think on her and my sisters hair she uses glovers mange and sulfer 8

ETA: I remember seeing ultra sheen and it was possibly blue magic grease, but I dont remember her ever using it on my hair.

tffy2004

Angelita: Everytime I see your baby in your signature I just melt inside she is GORGEOUS. My mom used Blue Magic (green, blue, and coconut whichever one was at the store at the time) grease, Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizer, and CON with the yellow top and red letters: the coditioning and detangling shampoo. No Coditioner EVER! My hair was always long. And she didn't wash it often either. Maybe once every 3 weeks or so.

ak46

my mom used sulfur8, blue magic grease, coconut oil, motions line, african pride line, and there's more she used at different ages but those are the first ones I rememberof the top of my head.

Stationwagon

Glover's Mane, Ultra Sheen (green one), TCB shampoo/conditioner.

When I was little, I used to wear my hair in braids all of the time and had very long hair. Perhaps I need to put my hair back in braids again.

AtlantaJJ

Cheleigh said:
She used the blue-green Ultra Sheen grease (rarely the green, for some reason). That black rubber comb with the handle.

I don't even know what shampoo or conditioner she used, because I don't recall ever getting my hair washed at home (my great aunt was a hair stylist, so I always got my hair washed, pressed and curled there).

My hair was long too. I'm guessing that protective styling and low manipulation had a lot to do with that.

Girl I still have a black rubber comb with the handle, I jacked my daddy for it! LOL We did the blue Ultra Sheen and everybody in the house smelled like Sulfer 8, I almost bought some to day!! I have long thick beautiful hair, it was the tender loving care and protective styling. Braids and twists...

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
1. Creme of Nature Shampoo (red, blue, and green labels...whichever one she grabbed first)
2. Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion
3. Blue Magic Grease

cutiebe2

sulfur8 oil, and ultra sheen grease. My hair has NEVER been long....partly becuase it is always thin and weak.
My mom made these ugly plaits that she made me wear to school (I would take them out on the way there)

miracle

I think my mom used the ENTIRE TCB line. I remember the TCB neutralizing shampoo smelling of green apples. I used to love to get my hair washed just to have the scent on my hair. She used the neutralizing shampoo on us whether we were getting a touch-up or not. :lol: