Help My Itchin' Head!

shaydufblu

Highlander
Does anyone know of anything that relieves itchy scalp? This started about 3 wks ago and won't go away. I have washed my hair on the regular (one time a week for me) and kept my scalp oiled but it is still itching. I need to find a cure b/c I want to get a relaxer at the end of the month.

Try Keracare's Dry and Itchy scalp line. I have been having an itchy scalp but no dandruff. I think it's a growth spurt due to I've been using WGO and taking vitamins

Sweet C

I second the Keracare Dry and Itchy, especially the condionter and the glossifer. They always do the trick for me. Also, if you have any Essential Oils, you can try a mix with peppermint oil, and that should help as well.

angelita842002

Ever since I started taking care of my head its been itching but no dandruff. I work out 3xs a week and on those days I usally cw and the itching is not that bad but on the days that I dont. It itchs like crazy. A cw with cold water usually helps me.

LadyJay114

your hair is itching because its growing!

i just wash it and use some peppermint oil.

i only use dry & itchy scalp stuff if I have heavy dandruff, but I haven't had that problem since I stopped using petroleum

NewYorkgyrl

I am having this same problem but I thought it was because of my braids. Do you ladies think that if I mix shampoo with a cpuple of drops of peppermint oil and spray it on my scalp and gently wash my scalp that it might help a bit?

nadz

OT
but Angelita, that lil girl is too cute!

--

Is there any buildup or just itching? It could be an allergic reaction to something too.

shaydufblu

Highlander
pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Try Keracare's Dry and Itchy scalp line. I have been having an itchy scalp but no dandruff. I think it's a growth spurt due to I've been using WGO and taking vitamins

THANKS to everybody! I did recently start taking my vitamins regularly, so maybe it is indeed a growth spurt (I hope so anyway :D ). I will try the tips you provided to see if that works for me.

Tee

i used the medicated better braids spray.

Do a search on here too. I posted this before and got tons of useful advice.

I hope you stop the itchy itch.

Lavendar

Just another thought too....could be an allergy. If you have tried a lot of new products lately like I have, then you could be having an allergic reaction to one. My head was itching like crazy too, even after I washed. I sat on my hands for a day then relaxed cause I thought the new growth was just killing me. Well, my head kept right on itching for the whole next week. It has not itched since I did my henna treatment last night and I pray it doesn't return cause it was driving me bonkers. The only products I have used since then was coconut oil and elucence MB conditioner. I am going to slowy add products to see if I can pinpoint a culprit. Just a thought!;)

kweenameena

Ditto to what everyone else said. But also when mine was really itching (and I felt like a crackhead going thru withdrawal) I used some aloe vera gel and that helped a lot. then I put my head under some cold water. hopefully that'll help!

CaliJen

Lavendar said:
Just another thought too....could be an allergy. If you have tried a lot of new products lately like I have, then you could be having an allergic reaction to one. My head was itching like crazy too, even after I washed. I sat on my hands for a day then relaxed cause I thought the new growth was just killing me. Well, my head kept right on itching for the whole next week. It has not itched since I did my henna treatment last night and I pray it doesn't return cause it was driving me bonkers. The only products I have used since then was coconut oil and elucence MB conditioner. I am going to slowy add products to see if I can pinpoint a culprit. Just a thought!;)

I was going to suggest this as well... I felt the same way as all the other ladies stated it was due to hair growing so if it continues try one product at a time to see if it could be an allergic reaction versus hair growing...if it gets severe that it affects your sleep try taking a Benadryl or other antihistamine...HTH :)