Coffee for Hair Growth!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hey Bronze I strained my coffee and put it in a small spray bottle but it keeps clogging the pump. Idk what to do. I steep my coffee and strain with a stalking. I don't have a brewer. I have to figure out what else to do. I want to use it daily.
GSista~have you tried a nylon stocking? If all else fails, use it as a deep conditioner, let it sit for an hour or so and rinse...you'll get the same effect. I'd do this daily until i could get a brewer...:yep:

Tonight I did my coffee rinse.

I used Starbucks Extreme Bold Coffee, that is the strongest that they had. I got it from Wally World.

I brewed it yesterday and got lazy and didnt wash my hair so I just reheated it up today and used it.

I agree with everyone who says that it doesnt tingle, it just feels....different, sorta like your scalp is breathing a sigh of relief or something.

Anyways I hope I get some results!
Right, like it is doing some...thing.....

going to the store tomorrow any suggestions on coffee to buy and best way to apply cause I don't drink coffee or anything other than water and the occasional sonic slush so school me ladies!
I'd get whatever your budget could afford. I had Maxwell house, so i used it....i kept my community coffee for my tastebuds...:grin:

I know right? It's like ahhh! But not a tingle, but you know something's happening. Also I have noticed very little if any shedding. I think if it even extends our hair growth stage then it's worth it, as we'll have more hair in a years time than we would if the hair went into rest.
Exactamundo. I think this will be a staple for me.

Are you just using coffee in yours? I'm thinking of doing this.
Straight coffee, no chaser. i'd like to use ayurvedic powders in my mix, eventually....

I wonder if it makes a difference if you baggy for a little while after you spritz or rinse. I've been baggying my hair moments after caffeine spritzing my scalp and leaving it on... TINGLE CITY every single time. :yep: :spinning:
I've been baggying my hair as well. it does stimulate it a little more, but i can't say tingle city for me...my scalp feels tighter, though...usually when i put my hair in a pony, it doesn't bother me, this time, my scalp feels constricted. More bloodflow, perhaps?:drunk:

I tried this. Just regular brewed coffee (I think it was maxwellhouse lol) I had alot less shedding and my scalp felt good. I took the grounds mixed with evoo and used as a body scrub. Mama liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. :yep:
i want to do this too...bodyscrub with some essential oils, let's talk re-lax-ation.....

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Ok its been almost 24 hrs and my scalp is still doing my scalp feels...hmmm open?......something.

I am too pleased!
Me too, though i was aware of the scent of coffee every now and then this morning, i was looking around waiting for somebody to say something....:look: i guess no one noticed. I do feel a zip of energy from this as well. Anyone else?

SparklingFlame

Me too, though i was aware of the scent of coffee every now and then this morning, i was looking around waiting for somebody to say something....:look: i guess no one noticed. I do feel a zip of energy from this as well. Anyone else?
I will say this.

I was DOG TIRED when I started washing my hair. I was so tired that I wasnt gonna do it at all but it had to be done so.....

After it was all over it was over, around 12am I was awake. I mean WIDE AWAKE. It hade be be the coffee.

poookie

so yeah, this thread is kind of large. 8 pages, and that's with 40 posts per page. someone want to post their exact recipe? i'm bout to wash my hair, and want a tingle or two :)

SparklingFlame

so yeah, this thread is kind of large. 8 pages, and that's with 40 posts per page. someone want to post their exact recipe? i'm bout to wash my hair, and want a tingle or two :)
Brew you up some coffee and let it cool off. Then after you wash, pour it over your head, let it sit for 2-5 min. Rinse, cond, style as usual.

poookie

that's it? i fell off from reading this thread when y'all started talking about No-Doz caffeine pills :lachen:

but thanks SAL!!! i'm brewing me up some double strength hazelnut folgers right now!!

SparklingFlame

that's it? i fell off from reading this thread when y'all started talking about No-Doz caffeine pills :lachen:

but thanks SAL!!! i'm brewing me up some double strength hazelnut folgers right now!!
I have my post per page count at 40 per page too and when I was it was like 7 pages then, I figured I would skim it.

Thats what I took from the thread and it seems to have worked.

Come back for a review!!

guyanesesista

I always just apply to my temples and I get a pulsing feeling in that area for about 2 mins. I do it once a day and don't rinse out.

Last edited:
Report. Hair has been worn in a weekly co-wash-n-go bun for one month. At day's end, when removing satin scrunchie, for the last month, shed hair was always in scrunchie - alot of shed hair in scrunchie. Gripe. Reflect that shedding may be do to seasonal changes. Gripe.

Report. I sprayed Maxwell House XXXStrong Brew (my measurements)yesterday, along hairline and nape and in the middle where i had breakage.

Report. This morning, upon styling hair, 3 hairs in scrunchie. Sprayed Coffee Tonic along hairline and nape before re-applying bun. Report. Tonight, after removing scrunchie, 1 teeny, tiny hair found in scrunchie. Report. Sprayed scalp vigorously with Coffee Tonic again tonight. Will co-wash tomorrow. Will use Maxwell House XXXStrong Coffee as DC and as Leave-In. Will use Coffee Tonic twice daily. Will have waistlength hair in one year.

End of Report.

Yaaaa!
Thanks and Blessings to you, OP!

I'm so glad this is working for you and others!! I had a really good feeling about coffee, not only caffeine. It works!! Happy growing!!

Crown

After a coffee rinse, I wash my body to wait a little, then I do another herbal rinse with tea/horsetail/witch hazel... (leave in). No coffee scent.

Crown

I will say this.

I was DOG TIRED when I started washing my hair. I was so tired that I wasnt gonna do it at all but it had to be done so.....

After it was all over it was over, around 12am I was awake. I mean WIDE AWAKE. It hade be be the coffee.

Ladies, please, be careful : Caffeine is a drug! a soft drug, but a drug. Use it with wisdom. I think that it's better to use coffee instead of pure caffeine, but use what you should be able to drink, no double strength. Don't use it daily. Use tea (softer) on your spritz. Watch out for dependence, headache if you pass a day or two...
I do drinkable coffee rinse 1x/w on wash day followed by a tea rinse. Spritz with tea every other day (2x/w). Very good strength for my fine strands.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Report.

Since using coffee, my usually manageable transitioning hair has become

WILD and BIG and MASSIVE :blush:. I can hardly smooth it back into a bun....what the heck? Does coffee make your hair -thicker-? More voluminous?

Please post your findings on this matter.
End of report.

DarkHair

Report.

WILD and BIG and MASSIVE :blush:. I can hardly smooth it back into a bun....what the heck? Does coffee make your hair -thicker-? More voluminous?

End of report.

Ive not had this issue, and I'm 7 weeks post relaxer. I hope someone else can elaborate on this.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Ive not had this issue, and I'm 7 weeks post relaxer. I hope someone else can elaborate on this.
please someone elaborate on this matter...i didn't expect this, it's okay if i'm flat ironing, but man, it makes my daily bun a workout for my arms :perplexed that's alotta hair!

guyanesesista

GSista~have you tried a nylon stocking? If all else fails, use it as a deep conditioner, let it sit for an hour or so and rinse...you'll get the same effect. I'd do this daily until i could get a brewer...:yep:
I tried a nylon stalking twice but it still cloggs up the pump. I didn't want to have to go get a brewer but just in case, how much do those cost? I've used it as a deep conditioner also on my temples. I'll try to do it on my entire head this weekend.

Report.

End of report.

Wow I'm surprised that's happening. I have no idea why.

acooks143

I tried it for the first time today and I left on for about 10 or 15 mins. I dont have the tingle feel everyone else seems to be experiencing. I just bought some dark mountain coffee from 7 eleven and pour it on my hair. I dont know how to make coffee so I hope this is ok?

I tried it for the first time today and I left on for about 10 or 15 mins. I dont have the tingle feel everyone else seems to be experiencing. I just bought some dark mountain coffee from 7 eleven and pour it on my hair. I dont know how to make coffee so I hope this is ok?

I personally suggest using coffee grounds that have been steeped in an oil (I used olive oil) for at least 4 hours, straining the oil, then massaging that into your scalp. After may be 20 minutes, especially with a baggy on, I think you'd feel the tingle for sure. It feels really great.

MonaRae

I starting using it yesterday and a leave in and my scalp has been tingling ever since.

Thicker hair you say! I hope so. I'm wigging it with cornrow underneath. I try to rebraid once a week but love my hands in my hair so I might rebraid 2nite. I love thick hair so this will be an added bonus!

JustKiya

I personally suggest using coffee grounds that have been steeped in an oil (I used olive oil) for at least 4 hours, straining the oil, then massaging that into your scalp. After may be 20 minutes, especially with a baggy on, I think you'd feel the tingle for sure. It feels really great.

I've decided what this is what I'm going to do. A kind hairsistren sent me some red palm butter, and I'm itching to make something with it - I'm thinking some of it, a little mango butter, a lil coconut oil, and a lil avocado oil, steeped slow and warm for a couple of hours with some fresh ground coffee (I'm thinking tied loosely in a stocking), and then using that to rub on my scalp, right before I MT. :eyebrows2

I'm thinking yum. Seriously yum. Dang, I wish I had some emu oil! :lick:

Irresistible

ok I'm just a little worried about doing this now

Caffeine is a Vasoconstrictor , it constricts your blood vessels, I looked this up because Bronze said something about increased blood flow, well it seems that it would actually do the total opposite, and also can increase blood pressure? I mean I do my fair share of intake of caffeine, not sure I want to add any more of it systemically by way of my scalp, this site also helped explained why I went through a MAJOR need for increased Magnesium a while back, I think I gotta pass ladies, my heart and edgy-ness level is sensitive to stimulants already-wow I am glad I didnt just do this right away like I was going to

"Being a stimulant, caffeine works on the central nervous system and makes you more alert. But that's not all. It also acts as a vasoconstrictor (constricts your blood vessels), as a diuretic, and it may even increase blood pressure. It can cause other reactions in some people. Though usually not classified as an addictive drug, caffeine can be addictive in the sense that you can experience withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking it."

taken from here, but its all over the web as a known vasoconstrictor
http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/headache-caffeine.html

ladies please do consider keeping this in moderation :yep:

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
ok I'm just a little worried about doing this now

Caffeine is a Vasoconstrictor , it constricts your blood vessels, I looked this up because Bronze said something about increased blood flow, well it seems that it would actually do the total opposite, and also can increase blood pressure? I mean I do my fair share of intake of caffeine, not sure I want to add any more of it systemically by way of my scalp, this site also helped explained why I went through a MAJOR need for increased Magnesium a while back, I think I gotta pass ladies, my heart and edgy-ness level is sensitive to stimulants already-wow I am glad I didnt just do this right away like I was going to

"Being a stimulant, caffeine works on the central nervous system and makes you more alert. But that's not all. It also acts as a vasoconstrictor (constricts your blood vessels), as a diuretic, and it may even increase blood pressure. It can cause other reactions in some people. Though usually not classified as an addictive drug, caffeine can be addictive in the sense that you can experience withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking it."

taken from here, but its all over the web as a known vasoconstrictor
http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/headache-caffeine.html

ladies please do consider keeping this in moderation :yep:

I understand where you are coming from but I found this information speaking of the opposite...

http://www.naturalproductsmarketplace.com/hotnews/71h3015525992312.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-430669/Coffee-hold-cure-baldness.html

Irresistible

Ok its been almost 24 hrs and my scalp is still doing......something.

I am too pleased!

I wonder if thats what everyone is feeling , this 'something'

is the blood vessels on the scalp constricting?

ya'll be careful with this

it might actually defeat the purpose if it constricts vessels=less nutrients getting to your scalp

that would be a fact actually, hard to understand the studies on this with that fact also playing a part too:perplexed

Irresistible

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
yeah it also says on that site I posted that it alternately could also increase the size on the other hand, and thats what causes migraines:ohwell:
On the link you posted they are referring to the internal intake of caffeine not the use of it externally applied to the scalp as the links I provided.

I will agree that it's better to be safe than sorry and if the whole coffee/caffeine stuff makes you nervous by all means don't take part in this particular challenge. :nono:

Irresistible

On the link you posted they are referring to the internal intake of caffeine not the use of it externally applied to the scalp as the links I provided.

I will agree that it's better to be safe than sorry and if the whole coffee/caffeine stuff makes you nervous by all means don't take part in this particular challenge. :nono:

yeah its something I have personally decided not to do

but yes its speaking of internal use, but its going to absorb into your skin as well and have uptake that way

much the same way as dermal patches for meds do

Also on the sites you posted it speaks on blocking the hight levels of DHT which cause male pattern baldness, I would be worried about messing with this while not having an existing issue with it , then it causing a rebound or imbalance later-I would imagine that could be a possibility as well

on this one , I'm gonna take the stance of 'If it aint broke........

Last edited:

Crown

I tried a nylon stalking twice but it still cloggs up the pump. I didn't want to have to go get a brewer but just in case, how much do those cost? I've used it as a deep conditioner also on my temples. I'll try to do it on my entire head this weekend.

Have you tried a coffee filter in paper? (dollar store, supermarket...)

SparklingFlame

yeah its something I have personally decided not to do

but yes its speaking of internal use, but its going to absorb into your skin as well and have uptake that way

much the same way as dermal patches for meds do

Also on the sites you posted it speaks on blocking the hight levels of DHT which cause male pattern baldness, I would be worried about messing with this while not having an existing issue with it , then it causing a rebound or imbalance later-I would imagine that could be a possibility as well

on this one , I'm gonna take the stance of 'If it aint broke........
Girl, your hair is long now as it is!!! :lachen:

You wanna have hair to the floor for real, dontcha? :lachen: