do you always prepoo?

bronzephoenix

Never... I mean I've tried it before but In my honest opinion it just always seemed so pointless. There are many ladies who swear by it but I prefer to DC after cleansing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

Never... I mean I've tried it before but In my honest opinion it just always seemed so pointless. There are many ladies who swear by it but I prefer to DC after cleansing.

That's how I feel, but shampoo doesn't agree with my hair at all, and I'm not about to try dozens of shampoos and losing hair to find the right one . I will just stick to clarifying conditioner to see if that helps

licia2389

Yes, before every single wash day. It makes a difference in my hair. I prefer to use a cheap conditioner than a oil for my prepoo.

licia2389

Yes, before every single wash day. It makes a difference in my hair when I prepoo. It softens my hair and gives me slip for the roller setting process. I prefer to use a cheap conditioner than a oil for my prepoo, just a preference.

mrsroberson86

I pre poo weekly....I usually will pre poo overnight using ojon (can't think of the name.. .but it's in a jar...and you rub it in between your hand an it turns into an oil) Now I am currently using the serums from the shea moisture ' s jbco line and the manuka honey line.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Every time. When I don't pre-poo, I can tell because I have a tougher time on wash day (dryness, tangling). I put oil on my scalp and either coconut oil or a bit of conditioner mixed with one of the many oils in my stash on my ends.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I never (rarely) if ever use Shampoo. (Mostly neutralizing after T/U'ing) and maybe again the 1st week post.

I mainly co-cleanse and/or cowash. I will do a Pre Rx if I have 1 on hand (even though it may not be needed) with co-cleansing or co-washing.

Right now I'm using Shea Terra Organics Banana and Mongongo Pre Rx.

I will slather on EVOO, EVCO or a Pre-Treatment before co-washing/co-cleansing (even a sub-standard DC'er I'm trying to use up).

I like doing a Pre-Poo and will most likely keep doing them as the weather starts to dip and dryness can be an issue

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PJaye

I do.:yep:

It's a thick butter/crème. Spreads easily & smells good. Have you tried it?

So far, I like it better on dry hair. I tried it with Steam and it was 'okay'.

I will also try it under the Dryer and maybe under my Heat Cap.

ETA: Lasts a long time too. (For 8oz) and I am super heavy-handed and have barely put a dent in it.

LovelyNaps26

i don't really do oils anymore..at least only once in a while. mainly due to laziness. however i ABSOLUTELY have to coat my hair in conditioner and detangle before washing. at this length drenching my hair in water and rubbing my scalp would lead to dire consequences without prior treatment.

PJaye

@PJaye

I do.:yep:

It's a thick butter/crème. Spreads easily & smells good. Have you tried it?

So far, I like it better on dry hair. I tried it with Steam and it was 'okay'.

I will also try it under the Dryer and maybe under my Heat Cap.

ETA: Lasts a long time too. (For 8oz) and I am super heavy-handed and have barely put a dent in it.

IDareT'sHair

I picked up a jar during their last sale. I'm going to use it as a DC since its directions seem somewhat white hair specific, e.g., shampoo it out.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am going to start. I did a prepoo last week and it seemed to make the washing and detangling stage easier.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Every time. When I don't pre-poo, I can tell because I have a tougher time on wash day (dryness, tangling). I put oil on my scalp and either coconut oil or a bit of conditioner mixed with one of the many oils in my stash on my ends.

My experience exactly rileypak. I try to pre-poo always because it makes for a smoother wash day.

oneastrocurlie

Every so often I do.

I used SM Purification Masque to detangle and to rub into my scalp. On occasion I'll let it sit for 20 mins or so.

lux10023

no--to me it is a waste of product---if am am putting a product on my head i like to know it will be in my hair for a good amount of time..

and its a step that i dont quite need---i can spritz my hair with water and rub my hands with a lil conditioner and detangle my hair or prep my hair for a wash---

my hair is usually gobbed down with all kinds of product from daily moisturizing prior to my wash so my hair is quite moisturized to death by wash day...

dc'ing before i cleanse kinda makes no sense to me as i dont wanna waste any of my products

iLurk

I do now after something I've read about how constantly wetting hair could cause damage. I try to let coconut oil sit a few hours before i wash but sometimes I forget...

Dilettante

Yes before every single shampoo I apply oil and maybe conditioner. This is because I like to do HOT anyway and before a shampoo is the perfect time for me.

If I'm just CWing I won't prepoo unless my hair is very tangled.

MsKinkycurl

Nothing terrible happens when I don't pre-poo but my hair always thanks me when I do.

Coconut oil especially is the truth, moisture and strength.

nymane

I always pre-poo with a cheapy Suave Naturals conditioner (usually coconut). It drenches my hair in moisture and significantly increases elasticity so that my strands can withstand the manipulation during the shampoo stage.

Pre-pooing is a very important step in my reggie.

girlonfire

Yep.
I'll even use an oil I highly dislike the Taliah Waajid one. Hate the smell. The only oil that I've tried that my air just loves is coconut oil but I just use what I have right now. I've been meaning to try sweet almond and grapeseed oil. I have 'argan oil' from sallys but it's mostly silicone. Oh well.