Congratulations to August/September 2014 Feature of the Month - Constance

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Congratulations to August/September 2014 Feature of the Month - Constance :yep::yep::yep:

Garner

Congratulations!!! Love your hair!!! Longhairdontcare2011 was definitely an inspiration and will be missed.

almond eyes

Again, congrats. Breathtaking hair. We have the same hair type so I am inspired. I just shaved in May so I see my future.

Please share more tips, like when did you start your hair journey. And how long did it take to get to your hair length now and do you rinse you hair in the shower everyday.

Best,
Almond Eyes

almond eyes

Again, congrats. Breathtaking hair. We have the same hair type so I am inspired. I just shaved in May so I see my future.

Please share more tips, like when did you start your hair journey. And how long did it take to get to your hair length now and do you rinse you hair in the shower everyday.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Thanks Constance for your response.

Best,
Almond Eyes

constance

"Please share more tips, like when did you start your hair journey. And how long did it take to get to your hair length now and do you rinse you hair in the shower everyday."

almond eyes, I just saw your other questions. Apologies.

I started my hair journey officially 10/2008 and my hair was about 2 inches past shoulder. It was neck length 2 years before that so I was slowlyyy figuring things out. (My breakage was a result of a bad relaxer that I applied. Usually my hair was a few inches below shoulder.)

I wet my hair once a week and either shampoo, condition, add oil and style or add oil and a leave in and style. I used to mist it and apply oil a couple of times a week, but the leave in helps seal in the moisture so I've been ok wetting it once a week only.

I detangle in the shower only and that can take some time (up to 20 mins) if I've been wearing it down for a few days. This is a vast difference from several years ago when I used to detangle 2x a week and it would take at least an hour each time.

Last edited:

almond eyes

"Please share more tips, like when did you start your hair journey. And how long did it take to get to your hair length now and do you rinse you hair in the shower everyday."

@almond eyes, I just saw your other questions. Apologies. Also, I'm not sure where my first post went responding to your first questions.

I started my hair journey officially 10/2008 and my hair was about 2 inches past shoulder. It was neck length 2 years before that so I was slowlyyy figuring things out. (My breakage was a result of a bad relaxer that I applied. Usually my hair was a few inches below shoulder.)

I wet my hair once a week and either shampoo, condition, add oil and style or add oil and a leave in and style. I used to mist it and apply oil a couple of times a week, but the leave in helps seal in the moisture so I've been ok wetting it once a week only.

I detangle in the shower only and that can take some time (up to 20 mins) if I've been wearing it down for a few days. This is a vast difference from several years ago when I used to detangle 2x a week and it would take at least an hour each time.

Thanks again for your tips. Lovely hair. And a huge inspiration for me again.