Any thoughts on Maximum Hydration Method

snoop

I think someone asked before but has anyone done this method while their natural hair is in twists?

Also, does anyone protective style instead of wash and go?

CocoGlow

I think someone asked before but has anyone done this method while their natural hair is in twists?

snoop

It's not recommended to do this regimen if your hair is in twists or braids because it will be difficult/practically impossible to rinse things like the clay out of the hair :nono:

But you can certainly do protective styles or any style really :yep: - the wash n go is not mandatory.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I tried using Alafaffia(sp) shea butter leave-in again and it was a no go with using curlformers. I really dont know what was going on, cause it left lots of white "product balls" in my hair. To cut the MHM time down, I have been applying my leaveins in the shower. I think I'll go back to using the giovanni leave-in or maybe just using the tressume conditioner.

faithVA

I only do protective styles. I am either in two strand twists or flat twist. I may try a WNG in the spring but until then it's flat twist for me.

Whatever protective styles people were doing before, they can still do with this regimen.

faithVA

Froreal3
Adiatasha

Ladies you don't have to do this regimen everyday!! The 7 consecutive day thing is just a recommendation for those who want to reach max hydration faster and even those people who finish it taper off into doing the regimen anything from every 3-7 days with great results. So if you are interested in this regimen, please don't let the 7 consecutive day introduction deter you - it's not mandatory.

Personally the most I will do it is 2x a week and my hair has made significant changes for the better! I find that overall this process takes about the same amount of time as my old regimen and I love how each step has a purpose of either opening my cuticle or filling it with moisture. Also once you reach max hydration you won't even have to do each step for the recommended time anymore - MsDeeKay (on Youtube) mentioned that NOW she can do each step back to back in the shower and can be DONE in 30mins total! :spinning::grin: Of course her hair is short & low density so that plays a factor but basically this means that it will get easier & faster for everyone as the hair reaches max hydration. :yep:

This is well stated. The 7 days are recommendations. Even the timing of each step can be adjusted.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I forgot to post pics of my twistout with the Blue Roze Beauty Flaxseed Cream Gel.

Attachments

• image-2363845641.jpg
    image-2363845641.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image-737013902.jpg
    image-737013902.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 77

Adiatasha

@Froreal3
@Adiatasha

Ladies you don't have to do this regimen everyday!! The 7 consecutive day thing is just a recommendation for those who want to reach max hydration faster and even those people who finish it taper off into doing the regimen anything from every 3-7 days with great results. So if you are interested in this regimen, please don't let the 7 consecutive day introduction deter you - it's not mandatory.

Personally the most I will do it is 2x a week and my hair has made significant changes for the better! I find that overall this process takes about the same amount of time as my old regimen and I love how each step has a purpose of either opening my cuticle or filling it with moisture. Also once you reach max hydration you won't even have to do each step for the recommended time anymore - MsDeeKay (on Youtube) mentioned that NOW she can do each step back to back in the shower and can be DONE in 30mins total! :spinning::grin: Of course her hair is short & low density so that plays a factor but basically this means that it will get easier & faster for everyone as the hair reaches max hydration. :yep:

CocoGlow

Reading IS fundamental. lol.

I thought I had to do this for 7 days straight.

My hair was dry dry dry and wiry and hard

I will say that my hair is now very very soft. It is the products and my new technique All along I think I was just using shampoo and then some shea moisture conditioner and shea butter.

Im not sure what my hair type is now. I used to categorize myself as 4c but im not so sure anymore. Actually Im going to quit worrying about it.

I think I posted this pic before.. this is my hair with the clay in it.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 63

Guinan

Re-Branding
@CocoGlow

Reading IS fundamental. lol.

I thought I had to do this for 7 days straight.

My hair was dry dry dry and wiry and hard

I will say that my hair is now very very soft. It is the products and my new technique All along I think I was just using shampoo and then some shea moisture conditioner and shea butter.

Im not sure what my hair type is now. I used to categorize myself as 4c but im not so sure anymore. Actually Im going to quit worrying about it.

I think I posted this pic before.. this is my hair with the clay in it.

I'm with you on the hair typing thing. I am soooo confused. I was just watching utuber moknowshair and she was doing a wng on someone that had the same exact texture as mine. She std her hair was 3c but behaved like it was 4a. WTF!!! For now on I'm typing my hair as 3's and 4's. :yep:. To be honest I have a hard time telling the difference between 3c and 4a

Last edited:

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
It looks very nice. You have great definition and it looks so moisturized.

Where did you get the flaxseed cream gel from? Ur twistout looks soooo soft.

Thanks! My hair is super soft. I got the flaxseed cream gel from Blue Rose Beauty's website. http://www.bluerozebeauty.com/

My hair is very soft. I actually prefer their curly custard. I get softer hair with it. I'm really happy with both products. I plan on doing more twistouts since the weather is cooling down and I've missed the look.

It's been so much easier to get definition while on MHM. I can do less twists and separate without frizz.

faithVA

I finally washed my hair. I heated my step 1 mixture and my conditioner. Never thought to heat up step 1. It worked well. I used red, messy clay and only left it on while I showered. My curl definition progress is gradual but I think it will be there by the time the weather warms up.

I love how much easier it is to do everything to my hair. I was able to put in my flat twist in less than an hour. Hopefully when I dust my ends I will be able to cut an hour off my total time.

nomadpixi

So, my verdict is this really fixed my fine 4a hair. I was really hit or miss with the 7 day challenge, but I now realize why this helps. When I was relaxed, I was more moisturized because my low porosity hair was adjusted by the relaxer. Therefore, if I moisturized and sealed, I got consistent results. (of course the relaxer was thinning my hair, hence my discontinuing)

Alternating between Cherry Lola treatment and Henna/coconut cream has really been beneficial for my hair. And my curls are so consistent that I've now noticed the very front of my hair is almost 3c and the sides and back are 4a.

Had to cut off another 1 inch of knots yesterday. Was sad, but my thickness is preserved better as you may see in the pix. Plus with less dryness, I may be able to grow it faster.

First pic is pre MHM hair
Second pic is today, post MHM hair

Both are braid outs. I now use much less product. I do hope this will calm my knot situation, as that is the major damager of my hair and my aim is still to grow my hair past APL. Hopefully with increased moisture retention comes increased ability for hair to absorb Henna. Giving it a year. Either way, using products that require no/limited overseas shipping is a blessing.

Attachments

• Hair1 287.JPG
    Hair1 287.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 107

faithVA

So, my verdict is this really fixed my fine 4a hair. I was really hit or miss with the 7 day challenge, but I now realize why this helps. When I was relaxed, I was more moisturized because my low porosity hair was adjusted by the relaxer. Therefore, if I moisturized and sealed, I got consistent results. (of course the relaxer was thinning my hair, hence my discontinuing)

Alternating between Cherry Lola treatment and Henna/coconut cream has really been beneficial for my hair. And my curls are so consistent that I've now noticed the very front of my hair is almost 3c and the sides and back are 4a.

Had to cut off another 1 inch of knots yesterday. Was sad, but my thickness is preserved better as you may see in the pix. Plus with less dryness, I may be able to grow it faster.

First pic is pre MHM hair
Second pic is today, post MHM hair

Both are braid outs. I now use much less product. I do hope this will calm my knot situation, as that is the major damager of my hair and my aim is still to grow my hair past APL. Hopefully with increased moisture retention comes increased ability for hair to absorb Henna. Giving it a year. Either way, using products that require no/limited overseas shipping is a blessing.

You have some great definition. It looks very nice even with the cut.

tolly

I think the dilution of products and using less conditioner is a useful component of this regimen. I was using smaller quantities of products for about a month, and also going with naked hair after daily co-washes and started getting some clumping in my 4a hair, I used V05 conditioner to co-wash [not my usual giovanni SAS] and all the coils just melted away, I know that's the de-tangling property of the conditioner but is it any wonder that getting curly hair totally detangled and in individual coils increases knots and subsequent tangles?
I read about MHM shortly afterwards and now use diluted conditioner [I used to think I had to load my hair with products] on soaking wet hair, and mud wash. I am excited to finally simplify my hair regimen. I'm so glad the lady that started this shared her technique, my hair is a lot easier to manage and I'm not doing frequent twisting and untwisting. I have very little breakage, its amazing.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Well this upcoming weekend is my weekend off. So I have decided to give MHM a try.

I am trying to decide which components to keep. From previous experience as I stated before my hair is not a fan of ACV or yogurt (both are part of the cherry lola treatment - yogurt makes my hair feel like protein overload). So I will skip that part.

Step 1 - Baking soda + warmed conditioner for 30 mins.

Step 2 - DC under steamer for 20 mins, let it cool and then finger detangle.

Step 3 - rhassoul + bentonite + moisturising tea clay rinse (marshmallow root/burdock root/irish moss/slipperyelm/ fenugreek) for 30 mins. NB: may use steamer for this step.

Step 4 - Use the LIs I have available as part of my usual LCO (not MHM approved - I will try to get the KCKT and do half with my regular LI and half with KCKT to compare).

Step 5 - Seal with oil. I will my hand at making flaxseed gel to use as part of this step as well.

Step 6 - braid my hair into celies.

I simply do not have the time to do this more than once a week. A more realistic time interval is once every 2 weeks.

We shall see. My fine strands also do not like manipulation - so I will be paying lots of attention to how my hair behaves.

faithVA

I've been doing the clay before the DC w/o any issues. However, I think my hair prefers the DC 1st and then the clay:yep:

I do the clay after the conditioner because I'm low porosity. If I tried to do the clay and then the DC, my hair would not absorb the leave-in conditioner. It would just sit on my hair.

For low porosity heads the order can really make a difference. For normal and high porosity the difference in order may not be so significant.

I mudwashed and deep conditioned for at least a year with no noticeable difference to my hair but using the mud after the conditioner gave me immediate noticeable results.

SpiceUpMyHair

Hey ladies on day # 4 of mhm. Due to school obligations I can't fully complete the day so I just did step #1 and 2 and then put a plastic cap and a wig over it. With step 2 I just used the original naturelle grow orange and hibiscus dc which is no longer available (so sad, the new on has the no, no ingredients like glycerin and wheat protein). Actually the old formula has similar ingredients to bee mine bee-u-ti-ful. I didn't dilute it but I did warm it up and my hair was soft on contact. I probably wont have time to complete day # 4 until Saturday. So I will be dcing until then. Can't wait do see my ends bc they were so dry from that weave install.

Honey Bee

Oh snap, I think I made a discovery! Ok, so Pinke Cube has cited Aketafitgirl as inspiration for the method. Going back through Aketafitgirl's vids, she realized she had high porosity hair pretty early on. (wk7 of her cg method vids, if anyone's interested) I searched for this information because I'm wondering if my natural hair might be hi po.

Her solution is a regimen similar to Pinke Cube's iteration, but different in one important way: her first step is an (strong-looking) ACV rinse that she leaves in for 30-60 min! :blush:

But :look: since her hair is healthy and lush, I just might give it a try. :look: I'll use a weaker solution and leave in on for 30 min.

The rest of the reggie is the same, btw. 1. ACV rinse, 2. steam in KCKT, 3. mud wash (Terressentials in her case), 4. l-i, KCKT, and 5. gel, KCCC. It looks like Pinke Cube just amended it for lo po hair, still a valuable service to the natural hair community. :yep:

eta: I was wrong, see below. People who actually read the words in front of them instead of skimming already figured this out. :look: :lol:

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=149048 said:
Honey Bee[/USER];20692277]Oh snap, I think I made a discovery! Ok, so Pinke Cube has cited Aketafitgirl as inspiration for the method. Going back through Aketafitgirl's vids, she realized she had high porosity hair pretty early on. (wk7 of her cg method vids, if anyone's interested) I searched for this information because I'm wondering if my natural hair might be hi po.

Her solution is a regimen similar to Pinke Cube's iteration, but different in one important way: her first step is an (strong-looking) ACV rinse that she leaves in for 30-60 min! :blush:

But :look: since her hair is healthy and lush, I just might give it a try. :look: I'll use a weaker solution and leave in on for 30 min.

The rest of the reggie is the same, btw. 1. ACV rinse, 2. steam in KCKT, 3. mud wash (Terressentials in her case), 4. l-i, KCKT, and 5. gel, KCCC. It looks like Pinke Cube just amended it for lo po hair, still a valuable service to the natural hair community. :yep:

Pinkecube did include the strong ACV mix in the regimen as an option for step 1. Is that the same thing you are referring to?

Option 1 is BS or ACV or alternate.

Honey Bee

Pinkecube did include the strong ACV mix in the regimen as an option for step 1. Is that the same thing you are referring to?

Option 1 is BS or ACV or alternate.
faithVA, :lol: You're absolutely right, duh @ me! My eyes just skimmed right over it cuz I thought it sounded crazy. :look: I've been using a very diluted solution and for way shorter.

I'll leave my last post so people can read the exchange. :lachen: :nono:

faithVA

faithVA, :lol: You're absolutely right, duh @ me! My eyes just skimmed right over it cuz I thought it sounded crazy. :look: I've been using a very diluted solution and for way shorter.

I'll leave my last post so people can read the exchange. :lachen: :nono:

There is a lot of information. And it is tougher because of the way it is organized.

I've tried the diluted ACV solution but never the stronger one. Please let us know how it turns out.

Honey Bee

Since I'm still transitioning for the foreseeable future, I use the gel, but I don't want to use the gel, you know? I'm thinking aloe vera gel instead of KCCC or flaxseed, same cuticle-closing effect, less hold. Problem is, my relaxed hair hated it. I'ma get a little bit and see if my natural hair feels the same way.