Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013/2014

Angel of the North

Re: Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2013

I need to invest in a pair of scissors for dusting, I found a pair of hair scissors in a drawer, but I can't trust that no one's used them for cutting anything else. I have a splitender but I haven't used it in years (I plan on revisiting this) and still think I should get some scissors. If I start dusting again between trims it will help me not to have to take more off and should also help me to maintain my ends.

Sunshinelove32

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc - Natural
2. Current Hair Length
SL

3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends
a lot of breakage, fuzzy & shedding
4. What you have tried to improve your ends
Trim to remove some of the damage, Started using oil on my ends after DC.

5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends
Use More Oils and Creams to moisturize my hair, start using Jojoba oil.
More protective styles
Using Leave in conditioner daily

LaidBak

Last night I moisturised my ends with Lacio Lacio and sealed with emu oil. Then I baggied overnight.

sherrimberri

Im in.

1. Natural
2. Slightly past BSL
3. For the most part my ends are healthy. However i do experience some breakage when washing.
4. Moisturise and seal daily, baggying, DC
5. I will continue to DC, M&S, baggy, and very little heat this year. I also plan to bun 95% of the time and trim when needed.

faithVA

Im in.

1. Natural
2. Slightly past BSL
3. For the most part my ends are healthy. However i do experience some breakage when washing.
4. Moisturise and seal daily, baggying, DC
5. I will continue to DC, M&S, baggy, and very little heat this year. I also plan to bun 95% of the time and trim when needed.

Welcome..........

faithVA

I used Nubian Heritage Growth and Strength conditioner over the weekend. Even though this isn't really a protein treatment, its still a little harsh for my ends. I was being lazy. I really should have followed it with a moisturizing conditioner. I was planning on using this every month but I think I will extend it to once a quarter. If I need it more than that I will do every other month. In the future I will be sure to use a moisturizing DC after it.

Hopefully keeping my hair in coils will give me enough time to get my hair and ends in order. I hope to not dust again until the 1st weekend in April.

Not doing anything to my ends while they are in coils. My moisturize retention is really good. I washed on Sunday and my hair still feels moisturized today :yay: Let's see how it feels after I exercise :lol:

Angel of the North

Moisturising with ORS olive oil moisturizer, I'm sealing with avocado oil and I'm gonna baggy my ends.

ETA: I went to Sally's and bought a pair of hair cutting scissors today, so I'm ready to start dusting again. I haven't worked out how often I will dust between trims.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc NATURAL
2. Current Hair Length BSB
3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends BREAKAGE from poor detangling and other bad habits
4. What you have tried to improve your ends Just pinning hair up in protective styling and sealing.
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends. I have started AVJ mix with glycerin and oils sprayed on my hair and ends. Pre-pooing, and taking more time to finger comb and dentangle hair rather than rishing through wash days. Better techniques for moisturizing and sealing ends. Regular trims. I will put better effort into S & D when possible. Purchase better (professional) scissors to trim hair with.

lamaria211

M&S with beautiful textures moisture butter and Organix coconut anti breakage serum. Now baggying my ends

ToyToy

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc. I'm natural
2. Current Hair Length Currently collarbone length
3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends My ends are dry and frail from 4.5 years of non-stop braiding and not looking after my hair properly. They are very brittle as well.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends For the past two months I have been sealing my ends with a mix of castor, jojoba, avocado and carrot oil. It's making a big difference. My ends are much smoother now.
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends. Same as above plus protective styling.
.[/QUOTE]

trinity8mod8

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
Natural
2. Current Hair Length
Almost APL
My ends get knotted together sometimes when I'm trying to detangle and I have a few SSks
Started using ACV rinses and AVG whenever I wet my hair and my ends overall seem smoother
Trimming whenever necessary and low manipulation styles

Cherry89

Still bunning and sealing my ends. Doing a dusting later this week.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I'm natural, thinking about relaxing.
2. Current Hair Length
Between APL and BSB...I'm about to trim back to APL though
Very dry, scraggly and thinner than the rest of my hair...I am looking for split ends constantly, but I don't see them, so I'm unsure what is going on. I also get frustrate with my hair and comb it roughly sometimes :nono::nono::nono:
Deep moisture when I am wearing protective styles for a week or longer. trying to up my moisture.
I am going to keep doing the deep moisture method, but focus heavily on my ends and seal with either coconut or EVOO. I am also going to start weekly deep conditioning again (got lazy in my 2nd year of being natural) and M&S'ing every night when my hair is out. Also, do more protective styling where my ends are tucked away.

Retention is an ongoing thing so if you join please be committed to updating at least 1x a month.
I can update once a month.

Last edited:

Evolving78

moisturizing with stuff and sealing with QB AOHC. i plan on doing a protein treatment today.

lusciousladie07

I'm in.

Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc. Texlaxed
2. Current Hair Length? Neck Length
3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends? My ends are dry and breaking
4. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends? M&S nightly, Deep condition with steamer, and PS

coyacoy

Been doing well m&s almost everyday this week using either a pomade or JBCO to seal...in my slacking i had forgotten how much i lurves me some JBCO!! Why oh why did i ever stop using this!?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

I've been moisturizing my length and ends at night with Essential Wholesale's Olive Lotion or Olive Nourishing Creme. I really like both products. My hair still has bounce without greasiness and they don't cause my rollerset hair to revert.

NowIAmNappy

To join, post
I'm natural
2. Current Hair Length
Almost MBL
No issues
For frequent trimming/dusting and sealing my ends have helped greatly
Just maintain my current regimen as it has been working.

Angel of the North

I'm moisturising with ORS olive oil and sealing with avocado oil, I'm bunning my single plait taking it down and redoing 2 x per week. I think I need to dust soon.

9MillaNina

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc. - I am texlaxed. 2. Current Hair Length - BSL 3. Any issue(s) you are having with your ends - just want to keep that healthy and not frizzed from rag 4. What you have tried to improve your ends - Moisturize with water and seal with Jamaican black castor oil 5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends - consistent regimen is the problem for me, so ill be doing less to my hair, and more protecting of it. Retention is an ongoing thing so if you join please be committed to updating at least 1x a month - I will post at least once a month

When I flatiron to check length I'm bra strap... When I'm curly sue I'm touching my top back..

Cherry89

Okay, Did a dc with Aussie 3 Minute. Loc method and put into a updo Bun. My Hair really like the Loc method. I used Aussie as a leave-in as well and used olive oil afterward and I finished of with some Softee Mango Butter to seal my ends. MY HAIR LOVES THIS!!!! WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SOONER!! :) : ) :)

My-Foolish-Heart

I am moisturizing my ends with Qhemet BRBC and sealing with grapeseed oil. Hoping the grapeseed oil will do some wonders since I've heard raves on YouTube about it (Napa Valley)

faithVA

[USER said:
lamaria211;17651383[/USER]]I love love love GSO as well but girl you got to try walnut oil its the bomb.com!

Is Walnut Oil light or heavy? And why do you love it?