Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Rozlewis

My stylist used to use this for me back in the day. I've never self relaxed with it.
Have you been using It for awhile ?

This is about my 4th time using it. I like it because I am not going for a bone straight look. It leaves some texture and I feel that my hair is strong afterwards.

Approaching week 6 that means I have about two weeks before I put it away in 6/8 braids for 10-14 days. More regrowth means low maintenance styles.

On a happier note, I can't comb my hair straight back anymore. My hair is too long for me to comb it from forehead all the way to ends. My hands simply den reach the far down my back. I have to now part in the middle and detangle on sides. It sucks because I am used to combing straight back under the shower. It is a problem when I don't want a middle part style

Last edited:

SuchaLady

Relaxed yesterday (11/19). I won't be getting it straightened until Tuesday but I need to rewash it tomorrow. I used a conditioner that wasn't my usual afterwards and idk if it didn't agree with my immediately post relaxer hair or what, but my hair is dry as an old sponge. It slightly took me by surprise. Anywho, I'm getting whatever needs to go trimmed off as well next week.

I am jealous of all the post 2 weeks people and I am only 6 weeks post myself lol.

I am battle fritz this time around so I've had to amp up my moisture game. More co-washes and less shampooing.

I need more soothing products. Any recommendations? Tresemme's Keratin Smooth conditioner is my go to co-wash but that line has been discontinued :(

SuchaLady

7 days post and this is great :look: My nape experienced a tad bit of breakage due to tangling (my guess is from the stretching and less straight texture of my hair) and I'm still in that more than BSL right above MBL territory so I can't even bother to be upset about it :lol:

I got that trimmed up and now I'm ready to sail into the new year with some goals to make hair exciting again.