Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Braidout results 8/11/2023
This braidout is a result of APB Rice Water on the length, along with TGIN Green Tea, and Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner along with Blue Magic Indian Hemp on the ends. Ends rolled with pieces of paper towel. Paper towel tied at the ends. Not separated, just fluffed with hands and headbanged a little bit. (I say headbanged because I don't know what it's called when rockers/metal heads bounce their heads and torsos up and down but that's what I did :laugh:) This picture was taken at the end of the day.

Attachments

• 20230811_224000.jpg
    20230811_224000.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 64

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Your retention is fantastic @ItsMeLilLucky
Thank you :love:
There's a few things I do:
1) most important one is prayer. I pray that I have the strength and the patience to do my hair. Y'all know how I be lol.
2)braids or twists with my own hair. I have a love hate relationship with installing braids and taking them down lol
3)No combs. I feel like this has really aided my retention because I can go for longer periods of time without a trim.
4)once a year relaxer and silk press. I really don't care for it more than that. The more combing and relaxing, the more stress I put on my hair, the more I have to do damage control. Yes that means I look crazy a good majority of the time, but it is what it is :lachen:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Your hair looks great! @ItsMeLilLucky When you relax once a year, do you leave it on until your hair is bone straight or you leave texture in your hair?
I do not relax bone straight because it would be hard to keep my braids (no weave just my own hair) in lol I use Hawaiian Silky Mild Lye relaxer. And I use the timing for fine hair (I don't really have fine hair, but that timing leaves the perfect amount of texture. I also don't use combs for the application process either just my gloved hand. A pair of gloves for each side. Part of the reason why I stretch so long lol leaves a tiny bit of room for error) . I do the half and half method (I usually do left and right) and use 13 minutes for both sides. I also do not use combs, except to part, and once a year for my silk press. I don't usually get the silk press the same time as I do the relaxer. I do the relaxer in the summer months, and the silk press once it cools off cause I sweat like it's nobody's business lol

Last edited:

MzSwift

Haven't posted in a while. I've decided to start my loc journey. Here's my hair the day after my first retwist appointment. I decided I want to leave my ends curly.

I haven't seen your name in a while!
Looks great! They're gonna look fantastic as they continue to mature.

I started my little one's locs back in June 2021 and left his ends curly too. 90% of them still have curly ends. He loves them!