Black Tea Rinse, where have you been all my life

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
PJaye

I haven't had any experience with it going bad/looking bad or smelling funny.

I use it each wash day tho'. It's just straight Tea. Nothing else has been added to it.

So far it has been fine.:yep:

LaBelleLL

wow, totally going to try this. so to be clear, can I
1. put my prepoo in
2. shampoo or co-wash that out and then final rinse my hair with a black tea rinse
3. massage it in, and put a DC on top
4. i'd either steam or leave it in for an extended amount of time
5. rinse out and style

does this seem ok to you guys?

PJaye

@PJaye

I haven't had any experience with it going bad/looking bad or smelling funny.

I use it each wash day tho'. It's just straight Tea. Nothing else has been added to it.

So far it has been fine.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

Thanks for responding so promptly. I was wondering because I have a leftover batch in the back of my fridge from a few months ago that I've been afraid to reuse.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PJaye

I haven't had mine that long. Maybe a couple weeks?

I have a Moringa Tea I may have had that long.

I brewed it for Shine since Moringa is suppose to be good for Shine.

I'll still use it tho'.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have some Nettle Tea Bags too. Imma pull them out (if I can find them).

And Rotate the Nettle Rinses & the Black Tea Rinses.

faithVA

I definitely want to add the tea rinse to my regimen. I just had to have a regimen to add it to :lol: I have done this once and it did prevent the shedding for that wash. But it returned to normal the following wash.

Thanks for posting the video. So I want to try it that way. I'm do want to figure out how much tea to water I am going to use though. She said she used like 9 to 10 bags for 10 to 12 oz of water. That sounds like a lot of caffiene. So I want to research the ratios a little more before I try it.

greenandchic

I used a black tea rinse yesterday using my earl gray tea I have in bulk. I put about a tablespoon of tea with about 5 cups of water the steeped it for a few hours (forgot it about).

I can't way to see the results, though I don't think I left it on long enough yesterday. I will do it for 30 minutes next time.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I use about 3 Tea Bags to a Med Size Pan of Water. Let it Steep overnight. It makes about 32 ounces. (Not a Full Gallon)

I am using Lipton Pearl Black Tea. Not only does Black Tea contain Caffiene, it is a great DHT Blocker.

Did not find my Nettle Tea Bags (I thought I had).:sad:

I may purchase some tho' to rotate with the Black Tea.

faithVA

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];14262489]I use about 3 Tea Bags to a Med Size Pan of Water. Let it Steep overnight. It makes about 32 ounces. (Not a Full Gallon)

I am using Lipton Pearl Black Tea. Not only does Black Tea contain Caffiene, it is a great DHT Blocker.

Did not find my Nettle Tea Bags (I thought I had).:sad:

I may purchase some tho' to rotate with the Black Tea.

You are always so helpful and informative. Going downstairs to brew up some time right now. Thanks

faithVA

I had some nasty mint tea that I wasn't going to drink so I made some tea out of this. I hope it has caffeine in it. Its nasty enough to be caffeinated.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
faithVA When I was researching Tea Rinses there was some info on Peppermint stimulating Follicles....so I know that is different from "Mint" but it may be nice.:grin:

greenandchic

Question:

Could I leave the black tea in? Is that a crazy idea? I was thinking of making a flax seed gel out of some leftover black tea I have in the fridge. Thoughts?

LaBelleLL

IDareT'sHair do you think I can shampoo, put aphogee's 2 min reconstrutor, rinse that out (co-wash it out maybe) and rince with my black tea and put my DC on top? I ask b/c, granted, I didn't wash my hair for 2 weeks (overdue for me), I noticed a lot of shedding/breakage. Or would you just skip the aphogee altogether...?

thanks.
ps- i welcome anyone else's thoughts...

faithVA

[USER=113519 said:
LaBelleLL[/USER];14296939]hey @faithVA, what do you think of my adding aphogee...? i'm trying to ask specific people i'm going to do this in the AM...

I wasn't ignoring you I just don't know. I have only used aphogee once and done a tea rinse once. So I am not familiar enough with either.

LaBelleLL

I wasn't ignoring you I just don't know. I have only used aphogee once and done a tea rinse once. So I am not familiar enough with either.

oh i didn't think you were ignoring me :lol:. when you posted, I was reminded of you is all. oh ok, understandable. thanks!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LaBelleLL

I do a weekly light Reconstructor. And have not stop since I've been doing the Tea Rinses.:yep:

I look at the Reconstructor as a light-weight Strengthening Treatment, and the Tea Rinse to help control 'shedding'

So I feel they are different and for different purposes:yep:

Although I don't have a shedding problem, I tried doing a black tea rinse once. It really does work. I hope anyone having a shedding problem will consider giving it a try.

is tetley tea considered black tea and where do i get those hair catchers for the drain?

Sosa

I use to do it weekly with no problems. I also did it as a final rinse. My hair loved it! I'm doing a coffee rinse this weekend...because I also want to do a coffee grounds body scrub.