Black Tea Rinse, where have you been all my life

againstallodds

My hair has been shedding like crazy the last couple of weeks and it's because causing me a bit of distress :( My hair has thinned out a bit as a result of the shedding. Inspired by Traycee, I decided to look into tea rinses.

I wasn't favoring black tea because it darkens hair with use and the last thing I want is to darken my brown hair.

I researched that rosemary tea was a great rinse for hair that does not darken tresses with use - but just my luck, I couldn't find rosemary at my local market. So I went ahead and purchased Earl Grey Black Tea anyways to try out this week until I locate some rosemary.

I washed my hair tonight, did my black tea rinse right after and my hair felt so reinforced - best word I can think of at the moment. My hair has NEVER felt this strong, without making me worried that it's going to brittle once it's dry. I applied a moisture treatment, rinse, hair felt great, then applied my deep conditioner - which I still have on.

When I stepped out the tub to check the hair catcher............ NO HAIR, AT ALL.......... AAAAAAAAATTTTT ALLLLLLL. I definitely did a happy dance. I'm feeling relieved right now!! Thanks Traycee! Thanks everyone who provided information!

Can't wait to roller set my hair and see the final results!!!!

:dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7:

otegwu

thats sounds great, I just did the garlic treatment, it smelt soooo bad, my WHOLE family ran away from me and locked me in the kitchen! lol so Im sure the tea rinse will be much more 'smell friendly', I will be trying out soon :)

Allandra

Although I don't have a shedding problem, I tried doing a black tea rinse once. It really does work. I hope anyone having a shedding problem will consider giving it a try.

greight

My hair has been shedding like crazy the last couple of weeks and it's because causing me a bit of distress :( My hair has thinned out a bit as a result of the shedding. Inspired by Traycee, I decided to look into tea rinses.

I wasn't favoring black tea because it darkens hair with use and the last thing I want is to darken my brown hair.

I researched that rosemary tea was a great rinse for hair that does not darken tresses with use - but just my luck, I couldn't find rosemary at my local market. So I went ahead and purchased Earl Grey Black Tea anyways to try out this week until I locate some rosemary.

I washed my hair tonight, did my black tea rinse right after and my hair felt so reinforced - best word I can think of at the moment. My hair has NEVER felt this strong, without making me worried that it's going to brittle once it's dry. I applied a moisture treatment, rinse, hair felt great, then applied my deep conditioner - which I still have on.

When I stepped out the tub to check the hair catcher............ NO HAIR, AT ALL.......... AAAAAAAAATTTTT ALLLLLLL. I definitely did a happy dance. I'm feeling relieved right now!! Thanks Traycee! Thanks everyone who provided information!

Can't wait to roller set my hair and see the final results!!!!

:dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7:

How many tea bags did you use, OP, and how long did you steep your tea for?

Thanks!

Bublin

How much water did you steep the bags in? Did u rinse the tea out or did u just put your conditioner right on top of it?

againstallodds

How much water did you steep the bags in? Did u rinse the tea out or did u just put your conditioner right on top of it?

I did not measure the water but I'd maybe say 5 - 6 cups of water.
I did rinse out the tea before applying my conditioner. I thought about just applying the conditioner right over, but wasn't sure about it so I rinse out just to be on the safe side.

Detroit2Dallas

Thanks OP, I'm dealing with this right now and I am definitely going to do the tea rinse next week. i just did mayo and egg yesterday, almost lost my lunch from the smell of the mayo lol, but it restored my curlys and my hair was so soft and shiny. I didnt put anything in my hair because i was rushing out the door and my hair dried big and soft. It looked like weave! I'm trying this black tea tho, thanks again OP! Come to think of it I dont think I had shedding after that treatment, but I was rushing so i dont remember.

fatimablush

My mother used to use nettle tea on me and my sister when we were small and had hair shedding.

I tried the black tea rinse a year ago and my hair was so dry afterwards..I want to try this again.. though.:perplexed

cmw45

Thanks for the review. I used the Garlic Alter Ego and it stopped my shedding however, this seem much more accessable and affordable.

meshia1124

Well good to hear... yesterday I was making some tea, (regular tea to drink I mean)..and the thought crossed my mind about whether I should or shouldn't give a go.... I think w/all the shedding I've been doing lately, I have ABSOLUTELY nothing else to lose @ this point! Lol... I think I'm going to try it later this week & see how it works, cause my shedding has INCREASED lately. Wassup with that!

InBloom

In my new-growth
Grateful to have learned the black tea rinsing fix for excessive shedding.

I had been using green tea, but heard about the hair darkening effects of black tea and recently made the switch.

Not sure why I let time go by without simply keeping this a part of my regimen. Nothing but benefits with using black tea rinses so far.

I'm thinking of doing them weekly...

Anyone had any adverse affects from doing them that often?

VidaStarr

I usually do a green tea rinse. I haven't tried it with black tea tho. I ALWAYS follow it up with a hot oil treatment (Olive oil, coconut oil, and honey) and/or DC. Green tea definitely helps to prevent shedding. I've tried protein treatments like aphogee and it made my hair shed MORE.

InBloom

In my new-growth
@ VidaStarr

I've had that experience with extra shedding after a protein treatment also. As a matter of fact, I used the Elucence Extended Moisture (not the creamy one) stuff and was HORRIFIED by the amounts of shed hair afterwards. I don't usually experience that with other protein conditioners.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Been Using Moringa Tea for Shine, etc..But will be trying Black Tea Rinses for Seasonal Shedding. I think I may also have a box of Nettle already.

Lemme go look.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lovin' the Black Tea Rinses. I've been using Lipton's Black Pearl Tea. Works Great!

Very happy I incorporated Black Tea Rinses into my current Regimen. Will continue to do these throughout Fall/Winter.

I brew the Tea (let it steep overnight) and pour it into a Gallon Jug and Stick it in the Fridge. On Wash Day I pour out a cup and allow it to become room temp.

I was pouring in on, massassing it in, and rinsing, but recently incorporated Tracyee's method of pouring it on, massassing it in and applying my DC on top.

againstallodds

Lovin' the Black Tea Rinses. I've been using Lipton's Black Pearl Tea. Works Great!

Very happy I incorporated Black Tea Rinses into my current Regimen. Will continue to do these throughout Fall/Winter.

I brew the Tea (let it steep overnight) and pour it into a Gallon Jug and Stick it in the Fridge. On Wash Day I pour out a cup and allow it to become room temp.

I was pouring in on, massassing it in, and rinsing, but recently incorporated Tracyee's method of pouring it on, massassing it in and applying my DC on top.

IDareT'sHair I've been meaning to try it this way for the longest time. I normally, pour it on, let it sit, and then rinse it out, then DC. I'm going to make note to massage and then leave on while I DC the next time I do a rinse. Thank you for reminding me!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
againstallodds

I was doing it the same way you were. I recently watched Tracyee's Tutorial and started doing it that way.:yep:

I think both methods are beneficial. I watched another Young Lady who did it the exact same way we were doing it.:yep:

PJaye

IDareT'sHair

How long can the tea last in the fridge before it goes bad, if ever?