APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

bluenvy

Your hair looks lush. I'm still protective styling and my hair seems to be stuck between 10-11 inches. Last year I was nearer to Apl than this year. I'm not sure what's happening. My hair hasn't grown much since the beginning of this challenge. I've not retained any growth. I'm feeling so discouraged right now.

The back was 8 3/4 in January. Is now 9 inches. My sides near my ears were 9 1/2 inches they are now 10.

The middle was 10in January and is now between 11 and 13 and the rest of my hair is between 10 and 11 inches.

Not sure what's going wrong

Have you changed any good hair habits, washing, dc, moisturizing, hair handling etc?
I been taking good care of my hair but got lazy putting silk scarf on before I sleep. My nape has fallen out, and I'm sure I need a trim. I will correct these issues, so I can meet bsl soon.

It could be something you tried or not keeping up with that is preventing you from keep your ends. Or maybe an vitamin deficiency. I know I do, I'm anemic and take iron pills for it.

iLurk

Thanks yall. When I used to go to this lady to get my hair done I used to go every 2 weeks now I think I'll go maybe once every 2 months which would probably be better for my hair and pockets. I am actually tempted to wash my hair out right now cause I miss my curly fro already.

I'm still kinda concerned though if I will even be close to bsl this year I guess I'll aim for next spring..

An my hair just seems so short to me :ohwell:

quirkydimples

I just finished blow drying my hair. I relaxed it this morning and I have to say, I'm clueless about how far I have until APL. Can someone clue me in?

I haven't had a trim in a year, so I'm about to go get one at Super Cuts. I'll post a pic of that later.

Attachments

• image-368836646.jpg
    image-368836646.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1875527132.jpg
    image-1875527132.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3615527273.jpg
    image-3615527273.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 72

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I just finished blow drying my hair. I relaxed it this morning and I have to say, I'm clueless about how far I have until APL. Can someone clue me in?

I haven't had a trim in a year, so I'm about to go get one at Super Cuts. I'll post a pic of that later.

You're there already! Congrats and can't wait for update pics after your trim.

quirkydimples

Really? Can I really claim it? Please tell me I can claim it! It's taken so long....

Anyway...after the trim

Attachments

• image-2843517674.jpg
    image-2843517674.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3608356983.jpg
    image-3608356983.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 62

NefertariBlu

Have you changed any good hair habits, washing, dc, moisturizing, hair handling etc?
I been taking good care of my hair but got lazy putting silk scarf on before I sleep. My nape has fallen out, and I'm sure I need a trim. I will correct these issues, so I can meet bsl soon.

It could be something you tried or not keeping up with that is preventing you from keep your ends. Or maybe an vitamin deficiency. I know I do, I'm anemic and take iron pills for it.

Thanks for responding.

I stopped combing/ brushing my hair last year and saw a big improvement from splits, but I have had a trim this year.

I used to Co wash often last year, but switched to shampoo every two weeks. My scalp gets flakes so I wanted use shampoo.

I also started using S Curl spray last year and while I think it moisturised my hair I think it coated it since it does have silicone in it.

I just switched to taliah wajid spray, which I'm fine with and castor oil.

I also started light protein treatments since I have high porosity and fine strands. That's been fine but I think I'm going to switch to moisturising dc and keep the protein to once a month.

Going to keep the nape moisturised and I think I am anaemic. I was last year and started taking iron but stopped.

I have started taking biotin and I'm noticing less tangling and breakage and my nails are stronger and not breaking. Gonna start on the iron too thanks for the tips

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Still wigging it. I am wearing a kinky curly one for the next few weeks. I have been spraying my hair with Aphogee green tea or aloe juice nightly. I am almost out of the Aphogee spray. Idk if I will repurchase or get Chi Keratin mist instead... both are great products, but Chi smells better

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hey pretty ladies. How is everyone doing this week?

It has been raining a lot here in Houston this week so I've been in the house. I went to the gym twice this week so I should probably wash my hair soon. Today is actually the perfect wash day. Im off from work and dh is here to help with the kids.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

It has been raining a lot here in Houston this week so I've been in the house. I went to the gym twice this week so I should probably wash my hair soon. Today is actually the perfect wash day. Im off from work and dh is here to help with the kids.

Get to washing then girl! Enjoy your day off...

Fotchygirl

I'm doing fine , just enjoying my straight hair after the relaxer but that will come to an end at the weekend when I will wash it and airdry. I think I will just do an HPG and put in that weave for the rest of the year. The wig regimen is too time consuming and with my 3rd trimester pregnancy I need to simplify things.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm doing fine , just enjoying my straight hair after the relaxer but that will come to an end at the weekend when I will wash it and airdry. I think I will just do an HPG and put in that weave for the rest of the year. The wig regimen is too time consuming and with my 3rd trimester pregnancy I need to simplify things.

Yes put it away...no fuss! I love wigs but I got tired of them after a while. I think mainly bc most of mine are synthetic (except 3 of them that are too darn hot for the wig cap plus stocking cap) so I have limited styling options for the synthetic ones. I have to wear them as is so I took one of my wigs down from the cap and had the wefts sewn in. I'm actually looking forward to next year bc i do want to get 3 different types of hair for sew ins or wigs whichever I choose. I want to get relaxed, kinky str8, and kinky curly. This gives me more options with the str8 ones and I can leave my curly curly. When is your due date girly! That's awesome. I was telling hubby last night I wanted another baby lol. We both agree but it won't happen no time soon.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want a sew in, but Im too lazy to do it myself and I don't trust any stylists around here to do it. If I can find some kinky straight hair for a decent price I will do an install for November and December.

Next year I plan to wear my hair out more. This wig regimen is getting old and boring :(

Fotchygirl

Yes put it away...no fuss! I love wigs but I got tired of them after a while. I think mainly bc most of mine are synthetic (except 3 of them that are too darn hot for the wig cap plus stocking cap) so I have limited styling options for the synthetic ones. I have to wear them as is so I took one of my wigs down from the cap and had the wefts sewn in. I'm actually looking forward to next year bc i do want to get 3 different types of hair for sew ins or wigs whichever I choose. I want to get relaxed, kinky str8, and kinky curly. This gives me more options with the str8 ones and I can leave my curly curly. When is your due date girly! That's awesome. I was telling hubby last night I wanted another baby lol. We both agree but it won't happen no time soon.
Mid-November and I'm already so tired!

iLurk

I'm tired of my hair and looking for something to do with it as well. I usually wear synthetic lfs during the off season but I want something that lasts a bit longer cause those things can only go for so long before they start looking a hot mess and no amount of hot water or flat ironing can save it.

I havent had braids since I was about 11 and not so sure what a sew in would cost me so idk what I wanna do, I really just need something to distract me from my own head

ronie

Full head see in today. I won't call it a protective style since I want to take it out next week. At least I have a week of hands off my hair. For whatever reason the pics won't upload from my phone. I will try to resize and upload later.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Full head see in today. I won't call it a protective style since I want to take it out next week. At least I have a week of hands off my hair. For whatever reason the pics won't upload from my phone. I will try to resize and upload later.

Really!?! Lol why take it out so soon

iLurk

With today being wash day I think I had an epiphany and I am gonna try tweaking my regime.

It seems like I need to start incorporating a little heat if I am going to continue doing long stretches. Also I am re-evaluating products. I use joico k-pac and aubrey organics gpb for protein but when I use joico I can really feel a difference unlike the gpb. And I also think I should reduce my usage of coconut oil. I usually mix it with castor and grapeseed oils as a sealant and mix it in my dc but I think now I'm just gonna use it as a pre-poo.

krissyc39

Although I know I can grow my hair longer I think I'm going to hover at APL/BSL for a bit until all my dry ends are completely gone. Length is one thing but ratchet tempermental ends are threatening to be the death of my hair journey.