Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

Lylddlebit

Y’all still in here 4b naturals? Bump bump bump. I’m looking for styling tips. I’ve been stretching my silk presses to last 2-3 weeks. The third week is the hardest, because by that point my roots have started reverting. I need cute heatless styles to make it last.
  • If I want to keep it straight and down. I just slick my edges with an edge control like Ebin Edge control or Push it braid and edge control. As long as my hair was very moisturized on press day it can last up to week six before too dry. This is not the case if I had to do multiple passes on press day, used a "not so good" deep conditioner, or drying leave-ins. If something makes my hair drier than the baseline level on the day I press, then my press may not last as long. That said, I keep most of my presses a full 4 weeks. If you want to aim for a full month of still wearing your hair down, you can leave the roots undisturbed and slick your edges to remain neat and sleek.
  • Buns, ponytails, chignons and updos can be slicked for smoothness on the "shell" of your head's shape even with the roots inside being thick and textured.
  • You can use the texture at your roots to give styles workable volume(see my heatless curls updo in the "Enjoying our Hair thread from a day or 2 ago)
  • You can style straightened hair with heatless curls with a ribbon, sock, buns or any type of roller. Also adding a braid twist, swoop or any type of peek-a-boo accent works.
  • Braid out or twist out on straightened hair.
  • Braids, twists, or a wash and go on stretched hair can also look really nice.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Y’all still in here 4b naturals? Bump bump bump. I’m looking for styling tips. I’ve been stretching my silk presses to last 2-3 weeks. The third week is the hardest, because by that point my roots have started reverting. I need cute heatless styles to make it last.
Have you tried those curls where people were taking various items (girl I do not know the name of it lol) like socks, belts from robes, basically anything soft and wrapping it around their head, and wrapping the hair around the item? I think the volume may work.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Have you tried those curls where people were taking various items (girl I do not know the name of it lol) like socks, belts from robes, basically anything soft and wrapping it around their head, and wrapping the hair around the item? I think the volume may work.
Yes lol. I bought the heatless curl headband kit.