Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

Dabaddest

Hey! I would like to join. I've been on my own journey since jan 12 2015. Ive lost 32 pounds so far.

Hair Goals
Current Length:Shoulder length
2015 Goal Length: BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: idk 4a i guess
How you will achieve goal: Protective styling, njoy growth oil, and vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 266
Goal Weight: 170
Current Dress Size: 2x
Goal Size: M
How you will achieve goal: I have a meal plan and work out plan that customized for me. I do cardio for an 1 hr daily along with weight training 5 to 6 time a week. I will be increasing the cardio to 2 hours starting next week. Summers around the corner!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
We had a dinner party last night. I was so busy entertaining and bartending that I didn't really eat. Today I am in the mood for a really good salad. And at some point I need to work out. I am hovering around my starting weight and that makes me sad. I need to get back in the 150s asap!

davisbr88

ronie: make sure you get some good shoes, girl! That's how I ended up with plantar fasciitis and metatarsalgia! I just went through and had to get rid of my entire shoe collection to replace them with orthotics. Thankfully they make them fashionable now. If you go to a Sports Authority, they will fit you for some, which was really helpful for me since I have a really high arch. That might be your best bet.
HairPleezeGrow TwistedRoots: thank you! Honestly, if I didn't lose weight on this crazy diet, I would probably have very little motivation to keep it up despite the other benefits. So I'm happy for this side effect!
Dabaddest: welcome!
Prettymetty: you will get it! I've been craving salad, too, but I don't like my options for dressings so I will live vicariously through you!

Last edited:

*~*Afrolicious*~*

Hello, I don't speak much on this forum, but since it's relevant to my goals I figured why not join lol.

This the year I'll become the fit, toned, sexy, slim, slender version of myself. It has been hard for me to stick with my fitness goals in the past for a multitude of reasons, but I am dedicated this time. So far I've loss 20 pounds and I want to lose about 20 more. I've been working out at least 5 times per week doing two-a-days after work (kickboxing then weights). I burn on average between 1200-1400 calories every workout and I'm on a high protein/moderate healthy fat/low carb diet. I gave myself a fitness goal deadline of June.

My hair is having some moisture/breakage issues. I try to wash my hair 3 times a week and to put it up, but I'm still having some the same issues. I think I need to do more heavy protein treatments on my natural, APL, fine, 3C strands and I should be ok.

Last edited:

xu93texas

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Afterwards, I had a green smoothie and some tuna and crackers.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Did my workout this morning. For breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs with spinach cheese and 1 piece if crumbled bacon.

Hair wise I did a twistout.

ForumRunner_20150325_131413.jpg

davisbr88

Got out of class early today so I am DC'ing with coconut oil and my heat cap and about to start watching a movie on Netflix. I will do another rollerset.

ronie

Thanks for the advice ladies naptime Prettymetty davisbr88. I put my cardio on hold so my knees can heel. I will be getting new sneakers on Friday. I did complete some weight training workouts yesterday and today.
Welcome to the new ladies Dabaddest and Afrolicious
I am for a few days this week, so my hair has been moisturized and put into 2 French braids since yesterday. I will take it down for wash day on the weekend.

ronie

Hello, I don't speak much on this forum, but since it's relevant to my goals I figured why not join lol. This the year I'll become the fit, toned, sexy, slim, slender version of myself. It has been hard for me to stick with my fitness goals in the past for a multitude of reasons, but I am dedicated this time. So far I've loss 20 pounds and I want to lose about 20 more. I've been working out at least 5 times per week doing two-a-days after work (kickboxing then weights). I burn on average between 1200-1400 calories every workout and I'm on a high protein/moderate healthy fat/low carb diet. I gave myself a fitness goal deadline of June. My hair is having some moisture/breakage issues. I try to wash my hair 3 times a week and to put it up, but I'm still having some the same issues. I think I need to do more heavy protein treatments on my natural, APL, fine, 3C strands and I should be ok.

1200 to 1400 cals 5 times a week????? And I was here feeling proud about my 500-650 cals 4 times a week. I need to get closed to your workout girl. Congrats on your 20 lbs lost. I also am 20 lbs away from my final goal (127). Good luck to you, and welcome again.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm trying y'all. Dinner: vanilla Greek yogurt with bananas, strawberries and honey almond granola, drizzled with a little honey and a bottle of water.

Attachments

• image-3189706465.jpg
    image-3189706465.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 26

xu93texas

I'm trying y'all. Dinner: vanilla Greek yogurt with bananas, strawberries and honey almond granola, drizzled with a little honey and a bottle of water.

Looks delicious!

I just had baked salmon and a large salad with lite Italian dressing for dinner.

*~*Afrolicious*~*

1200 to 1400 cals 5 times a week????? And I was here feeling proud about my 500-650 cals 4 times a week. I need to get closed to your workout girl. Congrats on your 20 lbs lost. I also am 20 lbs away from my final goal (127). Good luck to you, and welcome again.

Thank you! It was hard to get through a kickboxing class at first, but I want to stick to my fitness goals so bad this time. I've been looking at crop tops online, b/c this summer that's all I'm going to wear! Lol!

hareluvah

Mmmmm. Y'all keep talking about sandwiches and honestly, it's one of the simplest meals but so good! I can't wait until I transition out of this diet in a few months so I can make myself a gluten-free tuna sandwich!

In other news: I'm currently plopping and plan to band overnight. I put my hair in a Caruso set on stretched hair today and I want to repeat it tomorrow!

You, your hair and your skin are absolutely gawgeous! Flawless!

davisbr88

hareluvah: *blush* *blush* thank you! That's so sweet of you.

Whatchall eatin' today?
I have 0.8 lbs to drop to reach 20 and I am determined to get there by Saturday some kind of way. I need some food inspo because I have a one-track mind today! I'm about to eat a turkey stick and work on a paper. I have a serious hankering for pulled pork for lunch, too. MEEEEEEAT!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Breakfast will be greek yogurt with a bamana and granola.

I'm eating a salad with baked salmon, tomatoes, aavocados, onions and mixed cheese for lunch today.

I'm not sure about dinner...

ronie

I just finished a bowl is Special K beeries with 1% milk. Getting ready for my body works class at 11:00.
Lunch will be grilled tilapia with sliced cucumber, carrots and lettuce.
Dinner: lean cuisine spaghetti with meat sauce.
I am home, but I am too lazy to cook.
I made chicken soup for husby (requested), so he will share that with my daughter. I am not a soup fan.
I need to be a solid 147 by Monday. If I can do 1 lb a week for the next 4 months, I can hit my final goal by July. My goal month is September though.

davisbr88

Today's set:

Definitely sticking to rollersets from now on.

Prettymetty: I'm going to steal your lunch.
ronie: that's a really good plan! I don't even want to calculate how much that would be for me...

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Is it too late to join?
My details

Hair Goals
Current Length: shoulder length in the front apl in the back
2015 Goal Length: Full Thick Blunt APL, no splits and Jet black.
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 4b, 4c

Products, Sof n Free Curl activator, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Aphogee green tea restructurizer, CON Argan oil shampoo, TIGI Dumb Blonde, Joico Moisture Balm, Green Dax and Grape Seed oil.

How you will achieve goal: Hair in Twist worn in a bun 100% of the time. Once a Week Co wash spritz with Protein spray, saturate hair with Sof n Free Curl Activator, grease scalp with Green Dax and seal root to tip with Grape Seed oil. Once every 3 weeks shampoo and deep condition alternating between protein and moisture. Dust ends every 6 weeks.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 140
Goal Weight: 115
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: 8
How you will achieve goal:Low Fat Low Carb, High ProteinDiet and 45 minute of Excercise 3x a week. 15 minute jog 15 minute rowing 15 minutes weights.
Also take the stairs instead of the lift each morning and evening at work. (I'm on the eighth floor)

ronie

Is it too late to join? My details Hair Goals Current Length: shoulder length in the front apl in the back 2015 Goal Length: Full Thick Blunt APL, no splits and Jet black. Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural Hair type: 4b, 4c Products, Sof n Free Curl activator, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Aphogee green tea restructurizer, CON Argan oil shampoo, TIGI Dumb Blonde, Joico Moisture Balm, Green Dax and Grape Seed oil. How you will achieve goal: Hair in Twist worn in a bun 100% of the time. Once a Week Co wash spritz with Protein spray, saturate hair with Sof n Free Curl Activator, grease scalp with Green Dax and seal root to tip with Grape Seed oil. Once every 3 weeks shampoo and deep condition alternating between protein and moisture. Dust ends every 6 weeks. Weight/Fitness Goals Current Weight: 140 Goal Weight: 115 Current Dress Size: 12 Goal Size: 8 How you will achieve goal:Low Fat Low Carb, High ProteinDiet and 45 minute of Excercise 3x a week. 15 minute jog 15 minute rowing 15 minutes weights. Also take the stairs instead of the lift each morning and evening at work. (I'm on the eighth floor)
Welcome. You must be tall to wear a size 12 at 140lbs. People are always surprised to hear that I am a 4-6 and weigh 150lbs. Short girl problem, lolll.
Your plan sounds great. Good luck.

davisbr88

@Ilan: welcome!!! It's never too late :D
Prettymetty: Thanks! I used the teal perm rods (I think they're 1" but I honestly don't know!).
ronie: these things are always stealing my shine! People love walking up and putting their nasty fingers in them. Blech.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yall my son made me chase him today. He was like "mom you are too slow" :lachen: I showed him. I had to chase him, because he didn't want to go to time out. My heart rate was like 150 so I'm not mad at him. #motivation

I also took 2 wagon walks with the kids. Every day is just a big ole work out when there are 7 kids here. Jeez. I'm worn out.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hi ladies! Hope all is well!

I usually don't try on clothes when my cycle is about to start but I really needed a pair of jeans. I fit into a size 12. My goal size is a 10/12. I am almost there!

5 years ago I wore a 22. Hard work and persistance definitely pay off! :yay:

So that's a 12 with possible water weight.

davisbr88

Prettymetty: SEVEN?! And were you the one upthread who said she was trying to get her sexy back? I think you've got that covered, honey!!! :lachen:
NaturallyATLPCH: YESSSSSS! Congratulations!!!! I hate putting on clothes (except leggings!) during my TOM, so jeans are a huge deal to me! That is awesome!

In other news, did y'all know jumbo perm rods were super heavy? I weighed myself this morning, removed them, and got back on as an experiment and dropped 0.6 lbs immediately! I reweighed 4 or 5 times to confirm and yep, 0.6 lbs. On my head! Insanity.
I'm 19.6 down and hoping to hit 20 this weekend :pray:.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^Yeah that was me. Only 4 of them are mine, but I treat them the same. Dh has a coworker that is having a rough time with her ex husband. I'm helping out, because I have been there myself. I just hope all this extra activity results in lbs lost!

Today my mom wants to take them on an outing again (We went on an adventure Wednesday). We will go shopping and out for pizza this evening. Then I can come home, exercise and get in bed early.