senegalese twists as a protective style

Britt

bumping this thread because I have senegalese twists. I love them and have received lots of compliments using toyokalon hair. I got them on Thursday and they are frizzing up already. I'm sure its because I have no idea how to take care of them. Would anyone care to give bedtime tips and detailed daily regime tips?! Please and thank you!:bighug:

Heyyyy! That's odd that they are fuzzing soo soon. I waited at least 2 weeks to really 'wash' mine and that was an experience in the shower lol. They were HEAVY when wet. I had ordered a super large bonnet and shower cap from the same website (I don't remember the name) to cover my hair when sleeping. When I washed them in the shower I would towel dry it and then spray some leave in and use oil on my scalp. I was anal (still am lol) about making sure my scalp and hair smelled good especially since I knew I couldn't really get up in it to wash.

Ohhh! I watched several youtube videos about how to wash them. Jenell Stewert had this idea of using diluted poo in a spray bottle to wash the twists, I tried that. Another time I washed them I ended up using full strength poo to really get up in things. Also something that I found to be REALLLLLY helpful I got the idea from another youtuber and it was the most helpful lol. I put some acv in a little bowl and took a bunch of cotton balls and dabbed them in the acv and then applied to my scalp. The acv cleaned my scalp really well. All sebum and extra oil, whatever was gone. Then I proceeded to wash my hair and let it dry. Eventually I took my twists down at 7 weeks b/c I was tired of them. But my main goal was not to be walking around with no stinky braids/twists while I had them in. I had them on vacay too in the hot Jamaica heat.