Wash N Go Thread

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Anyone else thinks the diffuser makes drying take too long? Walking around with wet hair aint the biz! I just use the blowdryer

geejay

I've been having fun with simple wash n go's since I BC'd.

I cowash daily. Not even trying for second day hair right now. I rinse a little oil through my hair (grapeseed oil, castor oil or sometimes hot 6 oil), follow that with conditioner that I don't wash out completely. Then for a "leave in" I use aloe vera gel mixed with oil (see above). Then shake it, shake it, like a polaroid picture!

Here's what I'm working with today.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

This is so OT, but pjbapb, I clicked on your Youtube page to subscribe, watched the Lighthouse skit you have featured, and just boohooed, LOL. Thank you for having it there.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

pjbapb

This is so OT, but @pjbapb, I clicked on your Youtube page to subscribe, watched the Lighthouse skit you have featured, and just boohooed, LOL. Thank you for having it there.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming...
LOL The dam broke for me when she started trying to get back to him. Glad it made you feel good!

ManeStreet

I tried Ecostyler twice for my wash n gos but it took sooooo long for it to dry when I used it. Maybe I should experiment with it again. Maybe I put too much. How much ecostyler are you ladies using?

Mrs. Verde

• I cowash with something cheap like Suave
  • Towel dry my hair
  • Add care free curl lite activator gel
  • Add conditioner
  • Final layer of activator gel
  • Seal with butter

I have not mastered 2nd day hair. Honestly, I haven't really tried. I like cowashing daily. Here are some old pictures from last year.

Slicked with white eco styler gel.

pjbapb

I tried Ecostyler twice for my wash n gos but it took sooooo long for it to dry when I used it. Maybe I should experiment with it again. Maybe I put too much. How much ecostyler are you ladies using?
I can't give an exact quantity, but I try to use less and add more until I feel my hair is coated the way I like it. Since I am usually styling my hair while I am in the shower, if I get to much on my hair, I can just run some water on it and work it out like that.

since everyone's hair is different, I can't tell you how much to use, instead I would suggest that you start with less and add on as you go. Don't you just adore trial and error????

SmilingElephant

I bought and tried some L.A. Looks nutra curl gel. Tried it today. Idk of I REALLY like it. But it's not too bad.

I wanna try the one n only argon oil curl cream from Sally's. As well as Noodle Head.

davisbr88

I think the fact that my hair is not shaped keeps giving me subpar results. I think I am done with WNGs until I am willing to lose the length to get a good shape :)

twatombl

twatombl, I haven't found a way to reduce shrinkage, unfortunately.

In your profile pic your hair is much looser than mine when I attempt a wash and go, I'm APL now and when I was and go have a very full TWA by the time my hair fully dries, and it feels super dry! What are you using in your profile picture?

twatombl

• I cowash with something cheap like Suave
  • Towel dry my hair
  • Add care free curl lite activator gel
  • Add conditioner
  • Final layer of activator gel
  • Seal with butter

I have not mastered 2nd day hair. Honestly, I haven't really tried. I like cowashing daily. Here are some old pictures from last year.

Slicked with white eco styler gel.

The 2nd picture reminds me of my friends hair when she pulls it back, we always tell her "Your hair is so wavy its making me sea sick"

BraunSugar

I think the fact that my hair is not shaped keeps giving me subpar results. I think I am done with WNGs until I am willing to lose the length to get a good shape :)

I didn't like the way my wash & gos looked until I shaped my hair. The only thing is, now I look at my hair and wonder how far it would be if I left it alone. :nono: Funny thing is, I didn't take off a whole bunch, but just because I know I cut it makes me mad.

Truth

yup... i've suceeded in failure of a wash n go again....Today all I did was

Pre detangle...
Wash TJ's nourshing spa poo
Joico Balancing Co
DC with Biolage conditiong balm...

on damp hair
Apply leave in (TW protective mist blah blah blah)
Apply coconut oil
Smooth in some Ecostyler
Diffused the roots with a little stretch..
Band my hair..
and ended up with more fuzz then a little...I mean It's so horrid i'm not even taking a pic of it... Maybe I used too little gel this time... *sighs* I can always get 2nd 3rd day hair no problem...it's just the first day results that look jacked the hell up :ohwell: oh well back to the drawing board.. I might just try using Conditioner...

empressri

yup... i've suceeded in failure of a wash n go again....Today all I did was

Pre detangle...
Wash TJ's nourshing spa poo
Joico Balancing Co
DC with Biolage conditiong balm...

on damp hair
Apply leave in (TW protective mist blah blah blah)
Apply coconut oil
Smooth in some Ecostyler
Diffused the roots with a little stretch..
Band my hair..
and ended up with more fuzz then a little...I mean It's so horrid i'm not even taking a pic of it... Maybe I used too little gel this time... *sighs* I can always get 2nd 3rd day hair no problem...it's just the first day results that look jacked the hell up :ohwell: oh well back to the drawing board.. I might just try using Conditioner...

Okay, I'm going to throw this out there...I think you're doing too much. The less you touch while drying the better it comes out. Don't stretch the roots while it's damp, and don't band.

I only gently stretch my hair once it's dry, OR only if the roots are still slightly damp which would be the next morning cause I do my hair at night.

Then when I do band it to keep it in one place my hair is 100% dry.

And the oil, if your hair is too soft it's going to be fuzzy. Try using a little oil once your hair dries.

It took me a LONG time to get my wash and goes to come correct lol but once I got it down it only takes me 15 mins or so to style.

Egyptjones

@Egyptjones: How do you maintain at night and refresh in the morning?

@davisbr88

Ooops! Sorry for the delayed response. I typically pineapple with a stretched out headband and sleep on a satin pillow. In the morning, I mist with watered down Humectress or Hawaiian Silky 14n1 and hit any frizzy spots with more of the activator/gel mix. If I resist the urge to drive around with the top down, I can usually get up to 5 day hair before I have to put it in a puff.
By the 4th day, I usually want to wash it anyway...lol

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

This thread is awesome, but I'm scared out of my wits to try a wash n go :perplexed:

Try doing one when u have nothing to do. It's REALLY pretty easy when u get it down.

Co wash, leave in, rake the gel (and then when u get comfy u might wanna try oil after or before the gel...or u might wanna try a curl cream instead.) :D

And then u might enjoy whipping ur hair after putting in product to seperate ur curls.

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
When I use to do wash in gos. I would have wet hair and apply Shine gel activator to about 4- 5 sections starting at the root and smooth down the section and finger comb it through. Takes about 5- 10 mins. I would maintain by putting in 6-8 large twists and tie up at night. While in the shower allow the steam to plump it up and with damp to wet hands unloosen the twist and fluff. The style would last about 5 days max for me.
Fall 2009

Summer 2009- just washed with coconut oil only.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Try doing one when u have nothing to do. It's REALLY pretty easy when u get it down.

Co wash, leave in, rake the gel (and then when u get comfy u might wanna try oil after or before the gel...or u might wanna try a curl cream instead.) :D

And then u might enjoy whipping ur hair after putting in product to seperate ur curls.

I'll have to give it a try one weekend. If it works out well I might just have to bust it out at work one day.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Truth

Okay, I'm going to throw this out there...I think you're doing too much. The less you touch while drying the better it comes out. Don't stretch the roots while it's damp, and don't band.

I only gently stretch my hair once it's dry, OR only if the roots are still slightly damp which would be the next morning cause I do my hair at night.

Then when I do band it to keep it in one place my hair is 100% dry.

And the oil, if your hair is too soft it's going to be fuzzy. Try using a little oil once your hair dries.

It took me a LONG time to get my wash and goes to come correct lol but once I got it down it only takes me 15 mins or so to style.

*takes notes* Will def keep this in mind when I do another Wash n go :yep:

MrsHouston

I rocked a wash and go yesterday. I oil rinsed and CW in th shower, added leave in afterwards and gel to the edges and thats all. I loved it and so did everyone else. During the hot months, I going to wear them on weekends and buns mon - fri to work.

Ms. Martina

I big chopped a few weeks ago and have 10 months worth of new growth (haven't measured the inches yet lol). I wear WnG every day. I haven't tried anything else yet... here's my routine...

1.) Cowash in shower (using Giovanni smooth as Silk or Suave Tropical Coconut)
2.) After getting out the shower, I immediately apply products to my dripping hair
3.) I apply my moisturizers first (Giovanni Direct and KCKT combined)
4.) I then apply my coconut oil (to seal in the moisture)
5.) I then add my gel concoction (Eco Styler Olive Oil and KCCC)

These steps are simple, but styling my hair after getting out of the shower is time consuming. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to apply everything to my little hair...lol. I could probably do a 5 minute one if needed, but the results won't look as put together. If I have time,I get under the hooded dryer for about 5-10 minutes to prevent hair dripping onto my work clothes. If I'm not going to work that day, I just let my hair air dry. So overall...I spend 10-20 minutes (usually the latter ) on my hair each day. That doesn't include the time it takes me to cowash either.

Is this normal? Keep in mind I have very thick hair, and a lot of strands. How long does it take for everyone else to style their wash n go?

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I big chopped a few weeks ago and have 10 months worth of new growth (haven't measured the inches yet lol). I wear WnG every day. I haven't tried anything else yet... here's my routine...

1.) Cowash in shower (using Giovanni smooth as Silk or Suave Tropical Coconut)
2.) After getting out the shower, I immediately apply products to my dripping hair
3.) I apply my moisturizers first (Giovanni Direct and KCKT combined)
4.) I then apply my coconut oil (to seal in the moisture)
5.) I then add my gel concoction (Eco Styler Olive Oil and KCCC)

These steps are simple, but styling my hair after getting out of the shower is time consuming. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to apply everything to my little hair...lol. I could probably do a 5 minute one if needed, but the results won't look as put together. If I have time,I get under the hooded dryer for about 5-10 minutes to prevent hair dripping onto my work clothes. If I'm not going to work that day, I just let my hair air dry. So overall...I spend 10-20 minutes (usually the latter ) on my hair each day. That doesn't include the time it takes me to cowash either.

Is this normal? Keep in mind I have very thick hair, and a lot of strands. How long does it take for everyone else to style their wash n go?

Yep that's normal. I don't count wash time. It takes me about 15 minutes:yep:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Does anyone use setting lotion for their wash and goes? If so, how? Or would this be a good thing to use?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App