The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

SouthernGirl

The Official Mane \'N Tail Users Club

Okay ladies, there has been SO MUCH HYPE about this stuff, thanks to Tammiematthews! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Girl, you don't know what you've started here!!! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

I figured I'd start a thread here for the MNT users and friends who might like to join us. This will be a great place to post our experiences, new MNT products, and ways to use it in our hair regimens. I've gotten lots of great question PMs, so here's a place where we can make those questions public for everyone's benefit! I've gotta get ready for the Skins game, but I'll post them later.

So, all you Mane 'N Tail users, send a shout so we'll know who you are! So far, we have:

MonaLisa
Mochalolita
MrsLee
Miracle
TammieMatthews
Valerie

I know I'm missing a bunch, so let us know!!!! Here's my Mane 'N Tail Regimen:
http://journals.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/
SG

SouthernGirl

Re: The Official Mane \'N Tail Users Club

Using Main 'N Tail (Original Shampoo & Leave-in Conditioner), here the advantages/disadvantages:

Advantages: /images/graemlins/up.gif
-Very little breakage/shedding on wash days (average about 4-6 hairs)
-Much Stronger hair after leave-in is applied
-Hair feels & looks thicker
-Very inexpensive
-I can use it on my doggie (of course, he has his own supply) /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-I believe it increases growth rate

Disadvantages: /images/graemlins/down.gif
-Doesn't have a great fragrance (although it doesn't smell bad)
-I still follow up w/a moisturizing shampoo for the 2nd wash (I use CON red label) to detangle/add a bit of mositure
-Amount of protein may be a disadvantage for some but not for me!

SG

MonaLisa

Noooooooo this chick didn't!! LOL!

Okaaaaay...I just read your regime SG -- now I understand what YOU did! You used the original Mane N Tail conditioner as a leave in! Yes, you can do that as it says on the instructions, but I opted to rinse mines out.

Mane N Tail also has a SEPARATE Leave-in treatment that you spray on (like one would use Salerm or Fantasia)
http://www.manentail.com/products/personal/hair_strengthener.asp

This is what my cousin was telling me about.

Valerie

I have to really got up to town and get this product line and try it. Your ladies who have tried these products, your hair looks so beautiful, very lush and glossy. I want lush thick gloosy hair too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

B

Bublnbrnsuga

User and abuser here.:D Been using the stuff off and on since the hype about it making your hair grow,just like the horses, in 1993

NYCQT16

Natural Again

Well I bought the Deep Moisturizing Conditioner a few weeks ago and just used it today. The jury is still out but you can add me to the list /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bajanplums1

SoutherGirl, does it matter if it is the original or the deep moisturizing shampoo & conditioner? I cannot join because I have so many prodcts that I am trying to finish use off--however, I am curious. Maybe next year I will try it, so to reduce my hair product budget.

BTW--I have stalked your hair album for months!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SouthernGirl

Hey Everyone /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back from the game- the Skins won!!! (Finally) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mona, I gotcha- although I was confused for a minute though. You're right, you can use it either way. I'll check out the other stuff though that you posted the link for.

NYCQT, Bublnbrnsuga... Welcome to the club! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Bajanplums, you can definitely use the moisturizing one. I haven't used that one so I couldn't say much about it, but I'm sure it's just as good (if not better).

SG

Faith

SG you are the WORST pusher ever. WORST! Oh you are bad...bad...bad /images/graemlins/look.gif
Good thing I may not try it since my hair doesn't react well to too much protein....bad.

NYCQT16

Natural Again

thanks for the welcome SouthernGirl...your hair is gorgeous BTW and I hope my hair responds as well to this stuff as your does /images/graemlins/smile.gif

melodee

Hi SG,nice meeting you!

I just bought some tonight as Rite Aid had a sale on M and T. I'll let you know how it goes.

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
SG you are the WORST pusher ever. WORST! Oh you are bad...bad...bad /images/graemlins/look.gif
Good thing I may not try it since my hair doesn't react well to too much protein....bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so funny how heads can have similar hair types..but respond differently to a product...I'm 4a/b...and my hair has actually thrived since implementing protein. I wish I had realized this years ago... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I'll co-sign on SG's pusher tendencies...lol. But she does it with a open and well meaning heart. Bless her BSL head... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Faith

Oh I ain't mad at her...lol. My fault for not saying NO /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Mo, I can do the protein thing but if I'm using it often then it has to be mild and if it's a strong one then it has to be every 6 weeks or more. How often do you use protein?

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Oh I ain't mad at her...lol. My fault for not saying NO /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Mo, I can do the protein thing but if I'm using it often then it has to be mild and if it's a strong one then it has to be every 6 weeks or more. How often do you use protein?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...u know...u can't be mad at her. She's too sweet!

I'll do a light protein conditioner every other week (these will be Mane N Tail, Aubrey GPB, UBH).

The alternate week, straight moisturizing conditioners (these would be Humecto, NTM, Kenra).

I'll break out a heavy protein (Aphoghee) if I start seeing heavier than usual breakage (usually around that 6-8 week point) and it ceases.

But I always implement moisture after ANY protein treatment.
I had to learn that too (Thank you Ms. Howse) on my journey.

miracle

Southerngirl, thanks for starting the Mane n' Tail Club! /images/graemlins/clap.gif
I'm working on getting my regimen and album together. I use the following MNT products:

MNT Shampoo & Conditioner
MNT Extra Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
MNT Leave-In Strengthener
MNT Shine On
MNT Detangler
MNT Carrot Oil Creme
MNT Soybean Oil Creme
MNT Dry Hair & Body Oil

Mochalolita

Melodee! You hopped on the bandwagon, too? Lol, I hope you love it as much as we do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hugs,
Crys

SouthernGirl

Yeah! We're getting off to a great start!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Melodee, I'm so glad you're gonna try it! It was so nice meeting you in person on Saturday! You have beautiful hair, and the most expressive, pretty eyes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith, I know, I'm too big of a pusher!! I'm the good kind though- when stuff works for me I just want everyone to try it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I know it may be too much protein for you.

Miracle, thanks so much for sharing your product list! Wow! I didn't know they made all that stuff. Glad it's working for you too!

Mona, as always, /images/graemlins/kiss.gif!!!!!!! You're the best.

SouthernGirl

I know this is somewhere buried in my regimen, but I wanted to post it here for newbies. Here's my Mane and Tail product list:

-Shampoo (original formula)
-Conditioner (I use the original formula as a leave-in)
-Detangler

One thing I've noticed is that after I shampoo, apply detangler, then detangle my hair, I can't put the conditioner on right away when my hair is soaking wet. It takes it so much longer to airdry this way, and it makes my hair harder to comb through believe it or not. The conditioner, probably b/c of the protein, sort of hardens on my hair a bit. I've found that if I let it airdry for about 10 minutes after detangling, then I can apply generous amounts of the conditioner all over (especially on ends), comb it through, then let it finish air drying.

By this time, my hair still is a little hard, but I lose very little (if any at all) hair when I start to style. When it's dry (about 80%) is also when I add my WGO to the hair and ends and/or grease my scalp if I'm slicking it back.

Whenever I've added heat, it responds really well to this stuff. It's so much easier then, but I'm trying to minimize heat so I don't do this very often.

Hope this helps!
SG

mrslee

Love yourself first!

Great thread SG!!

I use the original conditioner as as rinse and after I rinse and airdry 50% I apply just a little of the conditioner as a leave in. I think this works great for me!

I saw the deep moisturizing conditioner, but was afraid to try it. I also saw all the other products M/T carry, hadnt heard too much about it, so I didnt purchase.
I havent washed my hair since Thurs. and it still looks great!!!

ChocoKitty

Add me to the members list. Right now the conditioner is my main staple for COs. I plan on buying a gallon of pretty soon! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I used this stuff years back and forgot how good this stuff was. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll try the shampoo later on. Once again--many thanks SG! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

tammiematthews

Who knew my simple question about MNT would catch on like this..but anywho. I am still using MNT for mine and my daughter's hair. I just purchased the MNT Deep Moisturizing conditioner, but I also still have a little bit of the Original MNT condioner left, so I'll be alternating. I washed my baby's hair in the MNT Deep yesterday with great results.(usually if my childs hair think's water is getting close, it will tangle, but yesterday was a breeze!!) I used MNT deep and Suave aloe/coconut conditioner, I let it sit for 2-3 minutes -1st I did a deep conditioner prepoo and washed w/CON for dry/damaged- her hair came out soft and tangle free) I know your're asking , why so much conditioner? Her scalp stays extrememly dry, and her ends are usually brittle sounding *you know that scratchy sound when you rub them between your fingers* Plus her granny did her hair and I noticed that she had some irritation where her plaits may have been too tight,so I'm treating it extra sensitively and adding as much natural oils as possible (shea, aloe, etc.)I also mixed the orignal MNT conditoner, sheat butter oil, carrot oil and water in a spary bottle and use this as a leave in and to rewet when I'm doing my daugher's hair...It works wonders!

melodee

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:

Melodee, I'm so glad you're gonna try it! It was so nice meeting you in person on Saturday! You have beautiful hair, and the most expressive, pretty eyes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess we are "eye twins"!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

I want to jump on, but I'm afraid of the protein! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
tammiematthews said:
I just purchased the MNT Deep Moisturizing conditioner, but I also still have a little bit of the Original MNT condioner left, so I'll be alternating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...the Deep Moisturizing as a rotating/alternate conditioner....could add to my moisturizing conditioner roster...

tammiematthews

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Is this sold @ Target?

[/ QUOTE ]

Armyqt-
I'm sure you can find it at Target..you can also find it at your local Walmart or BSS. They also sell it in my local Kroger, it may be called Fry's/Ralph's or Smith's-depending on what state you live in. You can also find it in Walgreens (everybody has a Walgreens')It's hella cheap so you may even find it on sale or for the low-low regualr price of 3.00-4.00 bucks?

SouthernGirl

Hey Everyone,

Did you ya'll see that thread about shampoos that kill braincells? They're saying Mane N Tail contains the ingredient! I'm going to do further research on this, but check out the thread if you haven't already. The article just came out today.

Also, I'm wondering if it's just the shampoo and the conditioner might be safe???

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/757637/an//page/0#757637

SG

SouthernGirl

Thanks to Mona, the conditioner does not have this ingredient so we should be okay using it. I'm still going to do further research, but looks like I may have to give up MNT, and CON! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

MonaLisa

The chemical, methylisothiazolinone (MIT) is NOT listed in the Original MNT Conditioner.

Please check list of ingredients for any other products in the MNT Line for MIT.