BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

naturalagain2

I don't feel like roller setting so I'm going to rock my wig this week. I just finished washing. I prepoo'd w/a mix of V05 Silky Experience Shea Cashmere mixed w/ Aussie Moist 3 min Miracle and Vatika Oil and Avocado Oil.
Shampooed with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo and CON w/ argan oil shampoo.
Then Dc'd with Bask Y.A.M. and Cacao Bark w/ JBCO and Sweet Almond Oil.

I plan on moisturizing with SSI tahitian vanilla and coconut leave-in conditioner/APB Ayurvedic Hair Creme and seal with Organix Coconut milk serum.

Then plait for my wig

Tderham1314

Hey guys I have a really awesome way to gain at least one inch of hair growth a month. I put peppermint oil and tea tree oil in a spray bottle with water and spray my scalp twice a day once in the morning and once at night. I started at the beginning of July and have an inch of hair growth already. I also have been wearing kinky twists so I don't manipulate my hair at all for a whole month except to moisturize. I think it's definitely worth a shot for anyone looking to speed up growth. It also takes away dandruff and keeps your scalp nice and clean! I think I may start tracking my monthly progress in September with pics so I can show you guys!

isawstars

Okay... I need some advice:

My weave has been in for just over 5 weeks and is starting to loosen. I had initially meant to keep my weave in for 8 weeks.

So should I A) just let it rock for another 2.5 weeks and then take it out?

B) get it retightened and see if I can make it to 10-11 weeks?

I'm also supposed to be going on vacation mid August and I'm not sure if I want to be in the weave while on vacation (the opposite of most people lol).

What do y'all think?

ImanAdero Me personally? I would just leave it in for 1 week. Evaluate how it looks and feels underneath to determine whether you should go another.

I took out my sew in today. I got kind of concerned about blending the textures, otherwise I would have left it in a few weeks longer.

I'm definitely getting a full weave next time. Maybe next week or 2.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hi Ladies!!!

I know Ive been MIA. A lot has changed. I recently accepted a new stress-free job position in which I will be starting in a couple of weeks. I decided to transition to natural & I cut almost the entire front section of my hair to natural, so that I can dye it blond.

My hair is holding up well, but the stress that I was under at work really caused my hair to thin abit in the middle. It is def true: stress + poor eating habits = bad hair. I think I caught it in time; as I've been staying on top of my trimmings, protein and moisture.

I will def be posting pics in a couple of weeks.

I hope you ladies are doing well. I have alot to catch up on:)

isawstars

Hi Ladies!!!

I know Ive been MIA. A lot has changed. I recently accepted a new stress-free job position in which I will be starting in a couple of weeks. I decided to transition to natural & I cut almost the entire front section of my hair to natural, so that I can dye it blond.

My hair is holding up well, but the stress that I was under at work really caused my hair to thin abit in the middle. It is def true: stress + poor eating habits = bad hair. I think I caught it in time; as I've been staying on top of my trimmings, protein and moisture.

I will def be posting pics in a couple of weeks.

I hope you ladies are doing well. I have alot to catch up on:)

pelohello

congrats on the job! I can't wait to see those blonde hair photos :lick:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Here r some pics of the color. I plan on doing a LC in August.

The color was suppose to be light blonde; but I made a couple of mistakes. I used cream of nature honey blonde color and I used another color that I mixed. It was suppose to be every other row of color; i.e. honey blonde and strawberry blonde. The problem was that the strawberry blonde bled and was too dark. I used a 30 developer, but I think I should of used a 40 developer or a flash powder; plus I left my metal whisk in the color, which is a MAJOR no-no.:nono:

I haven't noticed a change in my curl pattern; so that's good. The front of my hair measures in at 4.5inches and the sides and back of my hair measures in at 14-14.5inches. I can't wait to straighten my hair so that I can see the color and how my mini BC looks with straight hair. After the color, my hair was very dry. I upped my DC and protein and it seems to be doing fine. I think I'm a slow grower. It will be a yr in Sep since my last relaxer and I only have about 4.5 inches of new growth. I'm hoping with the new job and me working on my fitness, I'll be able to change that.:yep:

Attachments

• blonde.jpg
    blonde.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 82
  • blonde4.JPG
    blonde4.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 84
  • crystal blonde.jpg
    crystal blonde.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 98
  • blonde2.jpg
    blonde2.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello I love the color! Congrats on the stress free job. I need to get some stress free in my life. Might help my hair situation.

Thanks! I still cant believe how much stress can affect your life. I swear it was in God's plan for me to switch positions at my job. I started packing up my office 2mths before even looking at other positions. I just had this feeling that I was meant to do something else. I was alittle scarred to accept the new position; since it was less money and not as much free time, but I REALLY couldn't take my job anymore. I plan on making ALOT of changes this year. I start my year after my bday:lol:

coolsista-paris

Thanks! I still cant believe how much stress can affect your life. I swear it was in God's plan for me to switch positions at my job. I started packing up my office 2mths before even looking at other positions. I just had this feeling that I was meant to do something else. I was alittle scarred to accept the new position; since it was less money and not as much free time, but I REALLY couldn't take my job anymore. I plan on making ALOT of changes this year. I start my year after my bday:lol:

this is great!
i also changed jobs 4 months ago after stressîng out 4 years at a position that i hated!
it played a lot on me. i was in a bad mood even outside of work.... i felt bad the day before going back (on days off)... i hated it! and with my high blood pressure i though "whats the point? these managers dont care about their employees and i will not In anything here" (yt collegues told me that managers were racist ànd no way blacks cà get higher positions there, that i shouldnt waist my time)... those nice colleagues of mine also quit that place.... a mess
anyway im not happy , enjoying my new job , and im stress free!!
yayyyy to us :)

Guinan

Re-Branding
I started back taking my biotin today. I really hope it helps with my growth slump. I trying to decide if I want to wash my hair today. I'm feeling so hair lazy today.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Washed my hair today. Detangled after having twists in for two weeks. :nono: I think I'll stick to my once a week thing and with bigger twists.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Washed my hair today. Detangled after having twists in for two weeks. :nono: I think I'll stick to my once a week thing and with bigger twists.

I wanna get back into just washing my hair once a week. I feel like 2x's a week is too much manipulation for my transitioning hair. Does your hair work best when left alone? Or does it tend to matt and tangle? Mines start to matt in the middle after a week:nono:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I wanna get back into just washing my hair once a week. I feel like 2x's a week is too much manipulation for my transitioning hair. Does your hair work best when left alone? Or does it tend to matt and tangle? Mines start to matt in the middle after a week:nono:

My twists start to mat after two weeks, especially since I've been doing scalp massages. :( However, I do feel that leaving it alone works well for better retention. That's why I usually just undo my twists after one week. I only touch my twists to moisturize and seal them every other day. pelohello

Guinan

Re-Branding
One more week until I straighten my hair. I'm really excited cause I want to see the length of my mini BC. I've been prepping my hair for the flatiron. I used a mild protein on Sun and plan on doing a med hard protein tom and then on Sat I will focus on moisture only. Since it takes forever for me to straighten my hair, I plan on shampooing, DC and air drying on Sat and then blow dry and straighten on Sun.