What's The *BEST* Lye Relaxer for Bone Straight AND Moisturized Results?

outspokenwallflower

Hi everyone!:hiya:

I'm going to be relaxing my hair in a few days and I want to use a Lye relaxer that will get me the bone straight results that I prefer but wont leave my hair dry or hard...I believe a relaxer out there exists! I was reading up on Lye relaxers, but reviews are up and down either way. I just want to know what the majority here believe fits the bill!:grin:

camilla

I USE ORS olive oil with a tbs of oilive oil added BUT I believe that the conditioner you use after is KEY!!!! I do my protein cond. B4 I neutralize then moisture after LOVE sallys GVP knock of of matrix biolage With evco mixes in!!! BUTTA after

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i used to love Affirm, Revlon Realistic (old school, but it works and you can get a tub of it at the BSS) and Design Essentials.

but i think it depends on your hair type...i have medium porosity hair, so my hair drinks relaxer up.

if your hair is hard to straighten, you may do better with no lye, but no lye is too drying in my opinion.

crlsweetie912

I fell in love with Sally's Silk Elements relaxer.....and the kicker is it's so economical and readily available...

outspokenwallflower

i used to love Affirm, Revlon Realistic (old school, but it works and you can get a tub of it at the BSS) and Design Essentials.

but i think it depends on your hair type...i have medium porosity hair, so my hair drinks relaxer up.

if your hair is hard to straighten, you may do better with no lye, but no lye is too drying in my opinion.

Thats exactly why I'm switching...No-lye has been drying my hair out for the longest, despite the chelating shampoo's and intense moisturizing dc's. It's too much work to make it feel even remotely moisturized. However, I love the bone-straight results I can get from no-lye.

Does anyone know why Lye doesnt straighten as well as no-lye?

Bumping for more replies! :bump:

camilla

Thats exactly why I'm switching...No-lye has been drying my hair out for the longest, despite the chelating shampoo's and intense moisturizing dc's. It's too much work to make it feel even remotely moisturized. However, I love the bone-straight results I can get from no-lye.

Does anyone know why Lye doesnt straighten as well as no-lye?

Bumping for more replies! :bump:

NO LYE gives that texlaxed look i tried to switch up and it was NO BUENO :lol: just remember to use a chelating shampoo if you use no lye ors creamy aloe gets rid of the calcium buildup left by the relaxer that makes the hair hard.joico makes one BUT the price is right on the ors

LaidBak

Years of no lye left my hair scraggly and broken. I tried to go back earlier this year thinking better hair care practices could compensate. But nope. My hair still broke off like crazy. So lye it is. And it looks like its gonna have to be super strength. Now I just gotta find the best brand.

PinkPebbles

If I relax at home - Motions Oil Moisturizing Relaxer (lye). I also buy the Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner, Motions Silk Protein Conditioner, and Motions Neutralizing Shampoo. I use the whole line during the relaxer process with great results. My hair is straight, yet strong!

If I relax at the salon - Nairobi (lye) gets my hair bone straight...a little too straight which is not good for my strands over time. Therefore I will no longer use Nairobi but use Design Essentials at the salon.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I use Revlon Realist in Regular and I get bone straight results if I apply then smooth with my hands. I just relaxed Friday and my hair came out bone straight even though I wanted to texlax, LOL.