What 5 months worth of shed hair looks like...

Endlesslegs

Hello!

I recently took down my box braids that I'd had in for 5 months and on request I thought it would be interesting to share how much hair I shed in each box braid. Without the knowledge i've learned here I would have panicked at how much hair it was! My friend a fellow hair forumer rang me in a panic cuz she couldn't believe it but its just 5 months worth of shed hair. 50-100 shed hairs a day over 150 days do the math! It took FOREVER to detangle though!

Check it out in the vid below *sorry I didn't have the foresight to take pics before recording*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoE66lKjWuo&list=UUWOWiv-b9KunONGAvG-BiOg&index=1&feature=plcp

Just for reference my braids looked like this till the end. I refreshed the perimeter every month so it looked neat and hid a lot of regrowth!:look:

Last edited:

MizzBrown

Ohhh, you're pretty OP. I thought you posted some stock photos of someone else and didnt realize that was you til I went to the video.

Anavrin

Awww. i thought you were gonna show us a huge pile at the end. either way that was reassuring to see! Thank you!