Crisco shortening for hair growth??

dlewis

Don't seem like a bad idea. I was recently diagonsed with eczema and when I asked my doc what I could use that was more natural, he said crisco. I bought some to keep under the bathroom sink. I'll have to look into this.

MoMo

I keep Crisco under my bathroom sink. Believe it or not it is an excellent moisturizer for your face if you have chronic dry skin like myself. Plastic surgery patients use this for recovery after procedures.

It's also the #1 rated beauty product on Makeupalley.com.

dlewis

I keep Crisco under my bathroom sink. Believe it or not it is an excellent moisturizer for your face if you have chronic dry skin like myself. Plastic surgery patients use this for recovery after procedures.

Really??!! I need to look into that. I beleive it though.

Thanks for the tip.

PittiPat

Don't seem like a bad idea. I was recently diagonsed with eczema and when I asked my doc what I could use that was more natural, he said crisco. I bought some to keep under the bathroom sink. I'll have to look into this.

:scratchch Hhmmm ... several people in my family suffer from eczema ... my sister being the worst. I'm calling her right now to let her know that there may be a little bit of comfort for her in sight. Thanks!

Jas123

The Star of a Story

do you know what they use it for?

Missigirl

We think out of the box on this site I don't see anything wrong with trying Crisco. I'm going to use it on my face and elbows and knees and might try a little on my scalp.

Lava27

I'm really glad these last few posters have chimed in with their skin experiences because I too know that crisco is well reputed to help with dry skin. I remember when I was little and my father's doctor advised him to use crisco on his feet and wrap them in plastic bags overnight to cure dryness! (He was baggying from way back!) Anywway, ever since then I figured it was not only a cooking oil, but a heavy duty moisturizer. For some reason I never used on myself...but I'm willing to give it a try on my scalp. Heck, so many other lhcf tips have worked!:yep::grin:

Last edited:

queenofsheba

I mix my crisco with Mn and use as hair oil... works for me and it is the only cream for my little princesses and their every dry skin.(lol)

Casarela

No I use garbage bag juice! LMAO! Just joking!
I dont think the crisco did a single thing...Why? Because SL to BSL is doable in a year without growth aids. If the person has a short torso and grows half an inch per month SL to BSL is doable!!!!

Ive been on bandwagons before and if there's one thing that I learned is that patience and simplicity can only do good for my hair. I dont spend as much as I use to and my hair has been thriving and still is.

Taking the time to understand my hair and work with it towards my goal has been the best investment so far.

Casarela :)

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I use it as a straightening oil (it's just soybean and palm oil...). I get smooth, soft presses with very little reversion until wash day. I've notice no heat damage either.

Guitarhero

I've used Crisco on the advice of a pediatrician for dry winter skin. I also know that southern ladies use it on their faces and 60 year olds have flawless skin from it. Scalp is skin...I'm sure that it conditions it well, probably making the follicle stronger. I know one thing, I need some fried chicken or fry bread about now lol!

Holla

Bumping.....I use this and it works well in my hair to combat dryness with LOc method