Protein fillers

blackpearl81

I've added protein fillers to demi and semi-permanent color to intensify the color---they do this a lot in salons. I've had good results:scratchch

magviv

For the past year I've been adding a capful of neutral protein filler to my relaxer along with a couple of tablespoons of almond oil and my hair has been in the best condition ever. I will be doing this from now on. I can't remember who recommended this but another poster on the board recommended it.

ShiShiPooPoo

I just did the protein filler. I mixed it with my conditioner and sat under the dryer. ZERO breakage. I will always use this. The results are spectacular.

LaidBak

I just did the protein filler. I mixed it with my conditioner and sat under the dryer. ZERO breakage. I will always use this. The results are spectacular.

*ears perk up* What? Huh? Zero breakage?
Can somebody please elaborate on what this protein filler stuff is? Links, pics, where to buy, etc? (Yeah, I'm a bandwagon jumping PJ--what of it? :lachen:)

Is this anything like adding liquid silk protien (silk amino acid) to stuff?

ShiShiPooPoo

*ears perk up* What? Huh? Zero breakage?
Can somebody please elaborate on what this protein filler stuff is? Links, pics, where to buy, etc? (Yeah, I'm a bandwagon jumping PJ--what of it? :lachen:)

Is this anything like adding liquid silk protien (silk amino acid) to stuff?

It's Colorful Neutral Protein Filler and you get it at Sally's.

My hair was reallllllllly weak on the ends. I mixed this with my conditioner and sat under the dryer for 30 min. I can't believe the difference. I think I was overmoisturizing my hair (Ojon will do that).

Ingredients: Aqua, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and Wheat Oligosaccharides, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadenis, Humullus Lupulus:lachen:, Urfica Dioica, etc. (the rest look like your run-of-the-mill Tetrasodium EDTA, etc.

Girl, this stuff is the TRUF!

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love

My hair was reallllllllly weak on the ends. I mixed this with my conditioner and sat under the dryer for 30 min. I can't believe the difference. I think I was overmoisturizing my hair (Ojon will do that).

What ratios did you use?

Thanks

ShiShiPooPoo

What ratios did you use?

Thanks

I'm not good at ratios:look:.

I used about an ounce of protein filler to about a nice sized dollop of conditioner (phyto intense nutrition which is really concentrated). I really worked it into my ends.

Oh, then on Sunday I did a hot oil treatment with Proclaim Aloe and this also has Keratin Amino Acids in it. This gave me the moisture I needed and is also awesome stuff!

Mertzy

I'm going to put it in my regimen as well. I use Aphogee 2 min. and it is working well for me, but I still feel like I need to add some other type of protein to my hair. How often would you suggest using it?

deusa80

Hmm, I've never heard of this before...but it sounds interesting! I really need something to help with my breakage on my ends. I may have to try this...

fe6968

this may be a dumb question, but can these protein fillers be used alone? :grin:

morehairplease

this may be a dumb question, but can these protein fillers be used alone? :grin:

Hi there,

It's not a dumb question at all sweetie but yes they can be used alone(diluted with water that is). On the back of the bottle, they give instructions of how much to use.

hths
tishee

hothair

I used this when colouring its supposed to help even out the colour, don't know if it made a difference, I've never notice anything drastic from using it...

blackpearl81

Hi there,

Do you mind me asking exactly how you do this?

tia,
tishee

I haven't done it in a while, but if I can remember....I used about a tbsp of filler to one bottle of color and continued w/the normal process..my color was great (which we all know is hard to achieve w/temp color) and I didn't experience any breakage either :grin:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Ingredients: Aqua, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and Wheat Oligosaccharides, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadenis, Humullus Lupulus:lachen:, Urfica Dioica, etc. (the rest look like your run-of-the-mill Tetrasodium EDTA, etc.

Girl, this stuff is the TRUF!

sounds like awesome ingredients :yep:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
great review LGL--love your blog, is there a way to subscribe or should I just bookmark and be happy? :)

Did you all see that someone on Sally's website reviewd it and said she mixed it w/ water and put in a spray bottle and used it as a leave in?

sounds like a very versatile product :up:

MonPetite

great review LGL--love your blog, is there a way to subscribe or should I just bookmark and be happy? :)

Did you all see that someone on Sally's website reviewd it and said she mixed it w/ water and put in a spray bottle and used it as a leave in?

sounds like a very versatile product :up:

Awww. Thank you!

I'm using it that way right now actually! Hmmmm.... :lachen:

You can subscribe to my RSS feed or add me to your Google Reader.

MonPetite

Okay, either I am old or out of touch :look: because I have no idea what that means! :lol:

LOL! Nah, just somethin' new.

On my home page, you'll see a little orange button at the top on the right hand side, that says "Posts". Click on it and follow the instructions.

Or, you can open a Google reader account and add me as a subscription (I'm assuming, though, you don't have one). You've got to get one. It puts ALL your favorite blogs in ONE PLACE and keeps track of updates FOR YOU.

It's wonderful!!

Angelicus

Um, I've never heard of this. Why have I never heard of this? I've been a member of this board since 1932. Ahhhh! Now I'm going to have to buy it :wallbash:

CAPlush

Um, I've never heard of this. Why have I never heard of this? I've been a member of this board since 1932. Ahhhh! Now I'm going to have to buy it :wallbash:

Me too! I've been here forever and never heard of it :nono:. I'm so glad I'm still hear learning new things.

Ladybug33

Never heard of this either. Thanks for the post. Do you think you can add this to your color rinse application directly after a relaxer? Would it cause your hair to revert or would you end up with tex-laxed results

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:peek:Ran Out to Sally's at lunch time :auto:and picked up a Couple Bottles......Yes I did! :yep:

After sneaking on here at Work and reading all the posts. Told myself, I gotta have it.:badgirl:

Not Only am I a PJ I am Addicted to LHCF! Help ! I need re-hab.:eek:

Thanks Alot Ladies:rolleyes: