What vendors are we leaving in 2013? Who are we bringing with us into the New Year?

HanaKuroi

After all of the horrible experiences with vendors this past Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, who is out and who is in?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

CodeRed

Re: What vendors are we leaving in 2013? Who are we bringing with us into the New Yea

Well, you just opened Pandora's box lol.

I'm not sure who I'm bringing with me, but Ynobe is being left behind and Curlmart customers have me paranoid (I haven't checked my stuff I got from them yet).

I don't think I'm going to partake in ordering very much this year. I'm going to instead concentrate on ingredients that work for my hair. If I repeat a vendor, I'll do:

Hydroquench Systems
Koils By Nature
Happy Nappy Honey
She Scent It
Wash-Day

These people all have products that work for me and they all gave me great customer service in the past. I'll try a few well known ones to see how their products work.

AyannaDivine

Im bringing Bask into the new year...Not fooling with any of these up and coming vendors. No ma'am! Established, well trusted vendors only!

Angelbean

Re: What vendors are we leaving in 2013? Who are we bringing with us into the New Yea

I bringing qhemet biologics, bask, kizuri,
I want to try silk dreams and naturalee this year tho
But I am leaving afroveda, and ynobe the only two vendors that want to take forever to ship...

onesoulsista

Im leaving behind Soultanicals. I dont have to patience to deal with their slow shipping. These vendors are beginning to take us customers for granted

Ogoma

Bringing in Oyin, Curl Junkie/AveYou, Darcy's, Lush, Bask, online ingredient sites, and on the ground supermarket and drug stores.

Leaving behind everyone else for my own reasons.

Leaving behind these for their bad behavior:
Hairitage Hydration
Mozeke
Sarenzo Beads
Curlmart

Last edited:

Beany

Leaving Ynobe, Texture Me Natural, Soultanicals, and especially Hairitage Hydrations in 2013.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Bringing in (no particular order):
Hairveda
Claudie Revitalizer
SheScentIt
The Pomade Shop
b.a.s.k.
Silk Dreams
Oyin (on occasion)
Afroveda
KeraVada
L.A.C.E. Naturals
BoBeam

Leaving Behind:
Soultanicals
Ynobe Shop
Duafe Naturals

Last edited:

cutenss

Bringing:

Komaza
CurlMart
Shopping Channels like HSN and QVC

Leaving:
Duafe Naturals :down:

Ravenhairedbeauty

I'm leaving behind Ynobe, and sticking with The Pomade Shop

NaturallyATLPCH

Woooooooooweeeeeeee this came RAT on time!!!

Bringing into 2014
SheScentIt
Darcy's Botanicals
Silk Dreams
Naturally Amari
BASK (body)

Flushing Down the Toilet
Soultanicals
Duafe Naturals
Ynobe Shop
Texture Me Natural
Hoodrat Hydration

If you are not on either list you may still get a shot. If you are on the toilet list, you can forget about ever getting any money from me EVAH!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

My Honorable Mention(s) that I may pick things up occasionally from.

Honorable Mentions:
CCs Naturals
Kizuri Beauty
Marie Dean
Obia Naturals
Kyra's Ultimate
Brown Butter Beauty
Annabelle's (Perfect Blends)
Naturelle Grow
Koils By Nature

Last edited:

myronnie

Keeping:
Kizuri
Claudie's Hair Revitalizer
Oyin Handmade
Darcy's Botanicals

Maybe:
The Pomade Shop

Leaving:
Soultanicals
Hairitage Hydration
Naturelle Grow
Curlmart (which reminds me my order still hasn't shipped...whattt?)

blackeyes31626

Bringing:
b.a.s.k.
qhemet
oyin handmade
komaza care

leaving:
Afroveda
all other vendors but not b/c of bad cs

KinkyGenius

Bringing into 2014
- All of my HG vendors (Hairveda, Obia, Komaza, Ouidad)
- Naturelle Grow
- Silk Dreams
- Purabody
- Eden Body Works

Leaving behind in 2013
- Hairitage Hydration
- Curlmart
- Koils by Nature
- Entwine (except the leave in)

Renewed1

Keeping
Hairveda - although I don't want too, but my hair loves the products
Hydroquench - fast shipping
Keravada

Leaving
Shescentit - I waited too long for a few products

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Keeping:
Silk Dreams
Komaza
Annabelle's Perfect Blend
Oyin
Bee Mine
SheScentIt
Hairveda

Leaving:
Hoodritage Hydration

PJaye

In
Shescentit
Komaza
Bask
Kreyol Essence
Hairveda
Kyra’s

Out
Darcy’s Botanicals
Claudie’s
Curly Kinks
Oyin

Never Again
Mozeke
Hydroquench
Soultanicals
Qhemet
Cream & Coco
Obia Natural
Ynobe
Curlmart
Beautyofnewyork.com

Daernyris

I am keeping everybody I ordered from on BF:
Hattache
Natural Grow
Honey Chile Hair Love
HydroQuench (she did not include the suite # on my shipping address and it was returned to her. She sent my stuff out UPS immediately and it came the next day, bright and early. She sent me an email explaining and apologizing for the delay, I got her package on 12/13/13, ordered 11/30/13. If she hadn't sent the email I would not have known there was a delay
Marie Dean
Belle Nouvo
JDNatLady
Afroveda

My experience was pleasant with all these ^^^ vendors, this was my first time in the homemade/handmade, online, small business, BF, CM game.

I will never, and I do mean NEVER EVER as long as I'm black, have an intact memory, and ain't desperate as all get out, order from Hairitage Hydration again:nono:.

No Bueno!!!!!!

missyanne

BASK BASK BASK BASk and BASK.........I heart BASK.......
My hair loves their product.

Komeza...if they have another sale I will buy, I even made
a X-mas hair basket for my niece. I received my order around the 2 week mark.

Ya know Hood Hydration I'm done with. Hairveda is off my list.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Since I found myself twisting my hair with Afroveda products from the 2012 black Friday sale, I gotta use up some stuff before I bring anybody into 2014.

Most likely to reorder
Hairveda
Afroveda
Curlmart - Elucence Moisture Balance is my baby daddy

No Ma'am
Hairitage Hydration
Soultanicals - I may be one of a handful of people that actually got stellar customer service from her but the products don't work on my hair.

PJaye

PJaye what happened with beauty of new york? They are my fav!

myronnie

I regularly patronized beautyofnewyork for years until I received a package that contained a damaged product that had spilled its contents all over the box. I immediately contacted them and was transferred to the owner, a rather apathetic Asian man, who adamantly declared the damage to be an impossibility since they wrap their items in those plastic UPS envelopes. The man boldly insinuated that I was trying to get over for a bottle of Porosity Control. After trying to reason with him for several minutes, he “relented” by demanding that I email him pictures of the broken product and spillage before processing my claim. He further stated that USPS would have to reimburse him first before I could receive any recompense. I was floored. Since my years of patronage meant nothing to him, I took my business elsewhere.

Later, I learned the site to be an online extension of an Asian BSS, which served to explain the owner’s behavior and seal their coffin. I absolutely refuse to give them any of my money.

Curlmart pulled a similar stunt except they demanded that I submit pictures of the box’s measurements before taking my claims seriously. They’re dead to me, too.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

myronnie

I regularly patronized beautyofnewyork for years until I received a package that contained a damaged product that had spilled its contents all over the box. I immediately contacted them and was transferred to the owner, a rather apathetic Asian man, who adamantly declared the damage to be an impossibility since they wrap their items in those plastic UPS envelopes. The man boldly insinuated that I was trying to get over for a bottle of Porosity Control. After trying to reason with him for several minutes, he “relented” by demanding that I email him pictures of the broken product and spillage before processing my claim. He further stated that USPS would have to reimburse him first before I could receive any recompense. I was floored. Since my years of patronage meant nothing to him, I took my business elsewhere.

Later, I learned the site to be an online extension of an Asian BSS, which served to explain the owner’s behavior and seal their coffin. I absolutely refuse to give them any of my money.

Curlmart pulled a similar stunt except they demanded that I submit pictures of the box’s measurements before taking my claims seriously. They’re dead to me, too.

PJaye

I would like to know what happened with Qhemet and Oyin...

I am very curious as to what happened there.

Last edited:

Holla

OT: How did you know to order these things? I mean I want to try the popular ones (bask, Oyin, etc.) but I don't know what specifically to get. How did you decide what to order and from whom?

PJaye

PJaye

I would like to know what happened with Qhemet and Oyin...

I am very curious as to what happened there.

DoDo

Qhemet lost me as a customer during the sale-no sale fiasco. Oyin, while having great shipping and customer service, has only one product my hair likes - the Hair Dew. Try as I may, I just cannot tolerate the smell of it. It grosses me out something fierce, so I have to let it go.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

I am bringing into 2014:

Aveda (stellar service, product, and in-store experience)

AveYou (stellar shipping and packaging)

Bask (stellar shipping, product, and customer service)

Camille Rose ( I love their moisture milk and I have high hopes for the rest of their line in 2014)

Curl Junkie ( stellar and consistent product, lightning fast shipping)

Online drugstore websites such as Target and Walgreens online (increasing variety of products that cater to my hair and predictable service and refund policy)

On the ground drugstores and natural food stores

Ouidad (Their curl co wash has changed my life. HG cleanser.)

Shea moisture (consistent quality as well as ease of access)

The Pomade Shop (promising shop with speedy shipping and sweet personalized service)

Leaving behind:

Darcy's botanicals ( I am still a little meh on the products. This may be subject to change though.)

Oyin Hair Dew* (nice but is missing one of the main ingredients that made me fall in love with it last time- namely squalane)

Qhemet (I am ready to try new things. I have found that I am turning to these products less and less now.)

Never again:

Hairitage Hydration ( Oh honey, woooooow, y'all have seen the thread I am not about to start this again)

Sarenzo beads (um I still don't understand the hype)

The keynote for 2014 is larger sizes. If it isn't available in a large size - as in 12 oz or more I am going to have to keep it moving unless I use it in the styling process or as a protein treatment.

I will have a lot more hair in the coming year than in the past so the products are going to have to keep up!

ETA: I have noted that my label may have been misprinted, and that Oyin is becoming available in Target and hopefully Target online. I will keep this in mind for 2014.

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

DoDo

Qhemet lost me as a customer during the sale-no sale fiasco. Oyin, while having great shipping and customer service, has only one product my hair likes - the Hair Dew. Try as I may, I just cannot tolerate the smell of it. It grosses me out something fierce, so I have to let it go.

PJaye

I understand- that is similar to my issue with Oyin,

I have only one product I like from them too, the dew.

I don't like hitting up their site just to buy one thing. Also I recently realized there was a formula change. The product used to contain squalane and now it doesn't. That explains why it doesn't quite behave the same way in my hair. Thank god for options for though :grin:.

Lilmama1011

Coveryourhair.com will never get my business. I had returned 3 banana clips to exchange and it's been three weeks and nothing. But she sent out just last week it has been shipped, and I'm about to move, I need my package!