Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

BranwenRosewood

cont'd

She wants me to take a Hair, Skin and Nails Vitamin instead of the biotin I used to take. She also wants me to take 1500-2000 mg of L-Cysteine since I already have the powder. I have some NAC but those pills are huge and I can't swallow that everyday. I'll probably take the LC every other month.

I told her about my thinning hairline due to the type of headbands I wore when I was younger and she wants me to massage aloe in that spot everyday. I'm also going to be using the essential oil blend and chili seed essential oil dispersed in jojoba oil. I need to work on being consistent.

I asked about tex-laxing my hair and she wants me to wait until I have the build-up under control (about 2 washes). She said no chemicals until the build-up is gone. I also asked about bleach and she said I'd have to pt every 2 weeks since it's so damaging and it would change my curl pattern.

I asked about henna and she said she wants me to focus on protein first and once I have the p/m balance down then I can try it. I don't think I'll henna anymore. The process is annoying and I don't want the color anymore. The other ayurvedic powers and oils I use are find. If I do henna, she says not to do it close to my protein treatment.

She says the less I do to my hair the better and it should bounce back quickly once I change a few things especially since I'm so young (21). She wants me to flat twist my hair in big sections before I go to bed even though I have a twa. She says the twist will reduce the friction on my hair whether I use a scarf or a bonnet.

Diet wise, I already eat a lot of protein since I'm gluten-intolerant (I'm paleo) and I need to increase my vegetable and water intake. I normally drink 4 bottles of water a day with tea and coffee between bottles.

I need to start leaving my shampoo on for longer and lathering more than once. I try to scrub everywhere but I'll start shampooing in front of the mirror to make sure I really get everything. She didn't give me any shampoo recs and she said what I'm using is fine. My biggest questions in my regimen were shampoo and l/i condish so I'm glad I have the information necessary to address these issues.

Pics in next post.

BranwenRosewood

Recent trim (BC)

hair pic 1.jpg

SSK

hair pic 2 ssk.jpg

Root sheath build-up

hair pic 3 b-u.jpg

More build-up. The little strand in the corner is from follicular dystrophy

hp 4 bu and hd.jpg

I'll do the other 4 when I get back home.

Ogoma

Good read RavenSR. I used to leave my DC in as a leave-in, but my scalp would itch like crazy. I stopped, but it is always good to read the professional's thoughts.

BranwenRosewood

Rest of the pics

The one going diagonal with little white spots taken out of it is where the cuticle is missing. The root with build-up was also pulled while still in the anagen phase.

hp5 damage and pulled hair.jpg

Cuticles slightly lifted showing normal porosity.

hp6 cuticle lifted.jpg

Close piece on the right showing breakage

hp7 breakage.jpg

More build-up on the root and hair strand. Diminishing root sheath.

hp8 build up.jpg

BranwenRosewood

Hi @RavenSR

I'm in New Orleans too :)
I've always wanted to try the Komaza a Hair Analysis but I never got around to doing it.

Beamodel

It's definitely worth it if you have any doubts about your hair. I've been doing the opposite of what my hair needs while thinking I'm doing it right. I think this build-up is the reason why I've been shedding more than normal lately.

BranwenRosewood

Good read @RavenSR. I used to leave my DC in as a leave-in, but my scalp would itch like crazy. I stopped, but it is always good to read the professional's thoughts.

Ogoma

It was a good thing I got the call when I did because I was about to do use my DC as a leave-in again today AND I was going to texturize today.

BranwenRosewood

Just got my write-up and Jenn says NO cowashing for me. I can't stand cowashing my hair so I rarely do it. She also says I should start pre-pooing. I don't know about that right now.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I did my consultation on 10/30/2013.

Background: For the previous few months I have been having MASSIVE shedding with my scalp aching/hurting. Not major pain, but kind of a low grade ache. I tried everything and was at the end of my rope. I was considering shaving my head. So, as a last resort, I bought the Hair Analysis.

Results: Basically, co-washing had caused severe build-up and clogged follicles. Which in turn caused follicular dystrophy and hair loss.

Solution: No more co-washing. Shampoo regularly. Only use conditioners that are made to be leave-ins as leave-ins. She recommended their Aloe Spray leave-in and Creamy leave-in, along with their Stinky Stuff to stimulate my follicles and help regrow the lost hair.

My Plan: Immediately after our consultation I ordered the recommended Komaza products. I then went to Sally's and purchased a big bottle of Quantum Chelating Shampoo. For the first two weeks I washed my hair twice a week to quickly remove the build-up on my scalp and hair. The first wash, I didn't have the Komaza products as yet so I used As I Am Double Butter as my leave-in and sealed with coconut oil.

Immediately, the ache in my scalp was reduced. By the second wash, the massive amount of shed hair was almost eliminated and the ache in my scalp was gone. By the 4th wash, shedding was back to normal and my hair lose during washing was also back to normal. Previously, I was losing a palm full of hair at every wash. My last wash, I lost about quarter sized amount - normal for me. Currently, I am maintaining a once a week, or more as needed, wash schedule.

If all goes well, I think I'll recover my lost thickness over the next 12 months.

Also, the recommended products are the bomb! My hair loves the Aloe leave-ins. **Hoping for a Black Friday sale to re-up** I actually can't wait for next summer so that I can try a wash and go. I think with these products, I may be able to do one without it ending up a dry frizzy mess.

The Stinky Stuff is interesting. It doesn't smell as bad as the name implies, but it is kind of sticky and yucky. I apply it every other night and so far so good.

Jenn is very sweet and helpful. And I will be forever grateful to her for saving my hair.

Last edited:

Rozlewis

I had my 2nd Komaza hair consultation and things have improved since earlier this year. My porosity is medium to high. ACV rinses seem to help with closing my cuticles so I should do this weekly. I also need to get 1/4 trimmed off every 8 weeks. The analysis shows that my hair was coated but this was from henna treatment. This is not necessarily a bad thing because this can help to close the cuticles. There were signs of some breakage, mid-shaft splits, and some dryness. Nothing significant from what they could see.

They recommended that I was once per week, pre-poo with coconut oil, DC, moisture, and seal. For the most part, they felt I was doing all of the right things. I am satisfied with this assessment and hopefully my hair will continue to thrive.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
For ladies that have gotten follow-up analyses, do you pay full price and just do it over, or is this a separate follow-up service they offer as an upsell to the first analysis?

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
For ladies that have gotten follow-up analyses, do you pay full price and just do it over, or is this a separate follow-up service they offer as an upsell to the first analysis?

My follow-up is scheduled for February 2014. Jenn toled me to just send in my samples with a note to remind her that she told me to re-send them. She said it would be no charge.

Rozlewis

Rozlewis what products were suggested for DC, moisture and for sealing?

felashine, they stated the products I am using seem to be fine but told me If I wanted to try something from their line I might want to try the Protein Strengthener, the Matani Line which includes a leave-in conditioner and serum, and the Olive Moisture Mask DC. They suggested that I do ACV rinses, and DC once a week instead of twice a week. That was it.

southerncitygirl

FelaShrine here are my rec from this line get samples of some of the stuff if you can:

shea butter lotion
coconut curl lotion
aloe my hair spray
califa spray
vitamin reign
protein strengthener

virgo_chinwe

Has anybody been able to purchase this service from Komaza care recently??? The website says its working on improvements currently to the hair analysis?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I believe all the ladies that have done the analysis, have benefited based on their posts.

I've learned a lot just from reading other people's results.

You should scan this thread and virtuenow's thread. I can't remember the name of that thread. I'll try to find it when Scandal goes off.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF