Do you use a regular conditioner and then deep condition?

Lovelylocs

I thought you were supposed to shampoo, deep condition, regular conditioner. I always figured that the regular conditioner would coat the hair and possibly close the hair cuticle and then the deep conditioner wouldn't be able to penetrait.
Lately, I have been shampooing and deep conditioning and leaving the regular conditioner step out. Now, I am trying to think if that is what I used to do when I would use a regular conditioner and deep condition if I ever did. :confused: I really wish I kept a hair journal from the beginning as a reference. I could be getting this confused with the protein treatment rule. I remember learning on this board that protein treatments are supposed to be used on hair that was just shampooed so that it could penetrait. :confused:

Angelicus

I don't use a daily conditioner after deep conditioning. But sometimes, I like to use creme rinses on my hair if a protein pre-treatment has my hair a little stiff. I love creme rinses.

HoneyDew

I do it the other way around actually.

After a deep condition, sometimes I will use one of the 2 rinse conditioners that give me more slip.

sassyhair

I shampoo and deep condition usually, but if I am using a deep conditioner with lots of protein I will use a moisturizing conditioner. But I believe that any conditiner can be a deep conditioner, if you leave it on long enough, with a cap maybe.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I clarify, shampoo then I use regular conditioner and deep conditioner to deep condtion with a plastic with heat or without heat. I don't detangling process with conditioner at all.:ohwell: