More Bounce with Lye or No-lye

vtoodler

Which generally gives more bounce and movement: a lye or a no-lye relaxer?

I know that the results probably vary from person to person, but what do you think is the general trend?

Last edited:

yynot

Lye gives more bounce IMO. I'm fairly new around these parts but you may want to do a search for a similar topic. Unknown it's been discussed on here somewhere....getting the swang from lye vs non lye.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I've done no-lye, lye, and that lythium hydroxide (in-between).

My experience is that lye allows for more body and bounce.

PinkPeony

Which generally gives more bounce: a lye or a no-lye relaxer?

I know that the results probably vary from person to person, but what do you think is the general trend?

My lye relaxed hair was more bouncy and sleek then my no-lye relaxed hair.
No lye meant the ability to self relax without depending on a stylist but also more stiff hair that would not stay sleek.

danysedai

I agree, lye did it for me.
I use Affirm Regular Mild and Normal(Always used mild but now use mild in front, Normal strength in the rest of my hair)

candy626

I used no lye relaxers when I was a child-young teen and they didn't compare to when I switched to lye. My hair had a silkier texture, was more moisturized. It had body and movement.

Stick with lye. Lye doesn't make some people's hair as straight but that's why the hair isn't so stiff. It keeps some of the hair's natural texture and elasticity. Elasticity is what allows your hair not to break while it's being groomed.

hothair

I believe I've only ever used no lye. Since going back to relaxed hair last year I've been using phyto 1. What lye relaxers are you ladies using.

lovebug10

I've only used just for me, then switched to Muzak butter blends and now I use a lye relaxer. My hair was always silky and bouncy and didn't change depending on the relaxer or relaxer type

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF