POLL: Which length goal was your most challenging?

Which hair length goal was your Most challenging to accomplish? and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evolving78

apl, but that was due to me causing major setbacks and doing too much to my hair. i am at APL now. BSL should be a walk in the park since i have learned what my hair likes and dislikes.

lovebug10

APL!! I still havent reached it. I've been stalking blogs, hair boards for over 5 years and I am always at SL.... I had a kiss of APL 2 summers ago but because of a poor dye job it all broke off and I got it cut into a short bob. I've been SL for a while now... NL-SL was cake for me. but once I get to SL its like my hair is stuck :/ I need to work on RETENTION!! Grrrrr!

KurlyNinja

There was another thread like this from a few years back. I know the majority went to APL and I also believe thats true. It took me over 2 years to finally get to APL (transition and BC inbetween it all). Then I cut a few months ago and now once again I am finally APL. I hope this time I stay here and can get to BSL without a problem.

Anavrin

I think APL is the hardest for most ladies because theyre usually at SL when they join the board or start their HHJ, and thats the period of trial and error they go through to find out what works and what doesnt. So they remain at that stage for the longest. Thats pretty much the case for me.

PinkPeony

Apl hands down.
I reached apl several times and then chopped it off or caused setbacks but going from blunt sl to apl was always a struggle.
Once I started transitioning I stopped length checking and bsb/bsl snuck up on me without any effort on my part.

butter_pecan

I was just above MBL when I started, and now I'm nearly TBL. Getting it fully to MBL then WL was nervewrecking. I tried so many products and methods. My hair hated most of them, but it seems to be pretty happy, now.

LuvlyRain3

I voted Mbl. I voted Mbl because although I haven't reached it all the other lengths seem to have crept up on me. Whenever i think I'm one length I take pics and realize that I'm closing in on another length. I thought I had finally reached apl took pics and realized that I was close to bsb.

LunadeMiel

i wouldn't know what to do with HL! i would look like Cousin It. :lol: i am a shorty too!
@LunadeMiel
why has it been difficult? is it do to wanting it to be blunt or a certain shape? does it get thinner.

shortdub78 it's several reasons. The longer my hair gets the rougher I am with it. Also, my stylists keeps cutting it to a blunt cut (although I've told her I want it in a V or U). I guess I keep sending her mixed messages because after each trim I ooh and ahh about how pretty it looks blunt :lachen:, and... I'm scissor happy. I search and destroy almost daily :(

FoxxyLocs

I never focused on length or had length goals before, so getting to HL seems like it's taking forever. I haven't had any real setbacks though, so I guess I should quit complaining.

Sent from my HTC Evo

SimJam

APL ... my hair will reach within 1 inch of APL and decide to hang out there for a good little while. Usually its an issue with retention and ends maintenance.

this happened when I was relaxed (got frustrated and BCd) then now that Im natural Im stuck in limbo again.

But I just wrangled my ends into submission and Im back on the retention game now so its all systems go for APL this year

IMFOCSD

Apl! I am finally apl for the first time in my life...bad hair practices. When I joined the board in 2005 I gained much knowledge but i was also getin haircuts from salons then I became scissor happy. I wanna see nothing but continued improvement on health and length from here on out.

Last edited:

lilpooky

I started my hair journey again at the beginning of last year at nl. Getting to SL wasn't so bad. APL took me the shortest believe it or not. BSL took me more than six months, but I'm voting for wl because my hair has never been that long and I feel like I really need to up my game if I want to see my hair ever grow that long.

bosswitch

APL...I had some major setbacks and had been at SL-APL mark for about 1.5 years. I'm now past APL and almost grazing BSL/BSB a few months later...go figure :ohwell:

BostonMaria

Felt like waist length took a while. I've been on the quest for TBL for 2 years to no avail LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

newgrowth15

I voted for APL. When I started my HHJ, I was just brushing shoulder length. I was a natural that straightened my hair every day, so my hair was seriously damaged and unhealthy. It took quite some time to figure out what worked best for my hair and to incorporate those healthy practices. Now that my hair is healthy, it is growing like weeds and I expect to make it to WL by November of this year. By the way, I am currently at BSL.

TLC1020

Last time it was apl, now that I know what it take to get there it's not so hard, so I am going to say mbl b/c I don't think bsl will be hard if I made it to apl...

Mjon912

The longest I've been is BSL but I voted APL...I think it's been the hardest for me because when I was SL I felt like my hair was to short for Ponys and my buns looked hungry so I always wanted to wear it down, especially in the fall and winter... Once I finally buckled down and stayed in a pony(the first time around) and a bun (this time) I hit APL... The first time going from APL to BSL wasn't hard because I had already gotten used to wearing my hair up while trying to get to APL so doing it to get to BSL wasn't a big deal.

Spiffy

I was just above MBL when I started, and now I'm nearly TBL. Getting it fully to MBL then WL was nervewrecking. I tried so many products and methods. My hair hated most of them, but it seems to be pretty happy, now.

This is me right now. I can get to MBL, but getting past that is a pain. I kept cutting it b/c I was getting SSKs again. Can you share how you modified your reggie to get to WL?

butter_pecan