Biotin, Silica or MSM -- does one work better?

Which worked better for your hair?

• Biotin

Votes: 39 24.5%
  • Silica

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • MSM

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • None of them worked for me

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • I use them all!

Votes: 66 41.5%

• Total voters

Imoan

I been using the Bamboo Tea for about a week and WOWZERS, loving it, I can see improvement in my skin tone, hydrated, it will clean your system out too(good lawd) I drink two cups a day(using 1 tea bag a day).. Can't wait to see the benefits after a month of using it.. :)

Jobwright

Bamboo 300mg, Biotin 5mg, MSM 1000mg, garlic pills. Is that too much? I have been consistent all of 2013.

APL 2013, BSL 2013

brownladygodiva

I have been using bamboo tea for about 4 months and my hair has grown the longest it has ever been it has thinned out but that might be more attributable to bad weave decisions.
I have absolutely noticed my skin tone has improved a lot

deedoswell

I also have been using bamboo tea and silica for awhile now and I love it!!!! I had to stop MSM - I think it was making me have an upset stomach. But I loved it for its health benefits and hair growth.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'm going to look into ordering some bamboo tea from Nadge, but I'm already over my hair budget for the month of February, when I take into account my list for February 23rd double % day at Sally's. I'll have to wait till next month to try it out.

yuhlovevybz

I think I need to stop with the silica. My bowel movements have been record breaking. I have to commence stealth ops and be sure no one is within radius before I use the bathroom at work. :look:

Haven't been bloated though. :grin:

MeechUK

MeechUK
If you're talking about this item: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300724233173#ht_1640wt_1187 I ordered this about 2 weeks ago and it's just arrived (I had it posted to Spain) but it's not what was advertised. The seller sent Swanson Horsetail, no mention of Bamboo and only 500mg NOT 700mg. I have just this second sent him an email and will update you when I get a reply.

I researched Silica and found a good quality and the best available was from the company Natures Best. Here's the link;

http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/silica-200mg-p780

MeechUK

Imoan

Its has been a little over a month since I started drinking bamboo T, I started Jan 7th 2013, I drink 2 cups a day w/o out missing a day... I loveeee the results, my skin has GREATLY improved, I have anemia, which makes my skin pale, brittle nails. my nails are strong,longer hard to even cut them. My eyebrow hairs have grown, I had a chicken pox scar over my left eye and the hairs have covered it up, it has even help with me feeling fatigue and weak. I will be back with results on my hair once I take my box braids on in March/april... Thanks

soonergirl

There is also colloidal silica. I also take the liquid form by Hubner called Silicea. It's a gel like consistency, disgusting but has shown to help with hair growth, clear skin, and strong nails. I am taking this and the bamboo silica for a double whammy...

Kurlee

been using bamboo silica for two weeks. No results yet, except slightly longer lashes.

soonergirl

gn1g Hey I am growing, cant tell if its increasing growth yet but my skin and nails are doing great... I am going to stick to this for at least 6 months... I have been more consistent with bamboo silica and the jarrow silica drops... gotta get better taking the hubner silica daily

Bajanmum

In January, I cut my hair from Collarbone length to mid Neck length. I've been taking MSM and Bamboo Silica caps from December. Now nearly 3 months later my hair is very near Collarbone length again...Yay!

Bajanmum

An unfortunate side effect gn1g. It just means I get them threaded more often. I'm willing to go through that little inconveniennce to get good (head) hair results.

mimi0410

Just curious any more updates? I've been following you ladies and the thread. Trying to get some ideas as I'm dealing with a major change in my hair. Excessive shedding and major thinning. I have fibroids and I believe the blood loss I experience monthly has been the contributing factor. I've just recently had some lab work done, I'm waiting on the results hoping they will shed some light. I'm really worried because the changes I see in my hair are so drastic whatever is going internally has to be serious.

I did recently purchase some bamboo tea. So I can't wait to start that.

Reactions: JFK

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Biotin killed my stomach…

MSM is great but made me grow some hairs on my chinny chin chin…

I use horsetail and have been debating on the Bamboo Tea. So far, Silica is the only thing that proves to be effective and I actually like…

ilong

God's Own
I posted this in another thread but I will do a quick update here. After taking biotin faithfully for 6 months (range of doses 1500mcg to 100mg) I am convinced it is not "a supplement that gives me results." Starting today I am discontinuing taking biotin and replacing it with Viviscal. I purchased a 6 month supply so I will take it daily for 6 months and monitor any improvement (GROWTH!!!).
I take Bamboo Silica - but jury is still out.
I take powdered MSM - but will begin adding Liquid MSM to oil blends for topical application.

pink219

For me MSM was and still is it, I take it on and off... now I'm on, and I reallly like how it makes my new growth feel when I take it. :yep:

Last edited: