• 31-40

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 30 24.0%

• Total voters

MsDes

I am a product junkie. I have to try this, try that, even though I have products that work well for me already. Smh. It's sad. I spend so much on hair products. What about yall??

moonglowdiva

Well, I guess I'm in the minority. I don't have very many product and I use what I have. The rule is to not buy anymore until it is used up. I call it being a better steward of the product. I have 3 shampoos (left over from the relaxed days) 2 deep conditioners, 1 cholesterol, 1 leave-in, 1 moisturizer, 2 oils, 1 polisher, 1 gel and that's it. Keeping it super simple.:spinning:

iri9109

i have alot of products, but probably only about 5 staples in rotation...once everything is finally used up, i'm going to stick to my tried and true staples for the most part...

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I used to have a beauty supply, but have given away, thrown away, or sold most of the things.

Now, I have:
3 DCs (Joico Moisture Recovery, Nexxus Humectress, GVP Conditioning Balm)
4 oils (Coconut, Vatika, Castor, Safflower)
3 butters (Avocado, Sunflower, and Mango)
2 protein treatments (Motions CPR and Aphogee 2 Minute)
4 leave-ins (Pureology, Lacio Lacio, GVP Anti-Snap, and HE LTR Leave-In)
3 kinds of conditioner for smell purposes (HE LTR, HE HH, Aussie Moist)
2 serums (IC Fantasia and Chi Silk Infusion)
3 moisturizers (Mizani Overnight Treatment, Qhemet AOHC, and Care Free Curl)
3 miscellaneous (Mane n Tail detangling spray, Porosity Control, and Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin)
6 herbs (brahmi, amla, fenugreek, hibiscus, marshmallow, and senna)
and 10 shampoos :look: (7 sample bars from CV, ORS Creamy Aloe, and one bottle of Organix Ginseng and Cherry Blossom, which I now have to find a way to use up)

So in all, 43 products.
Which I guess is alot for one head of hair, but I'm just grateful that I can count and name them all now. :lol:

JudithO

Interesting... I have 2 store bought products (shampoo n condish) and an oil mix... tis all!!!

Oh... I have an old bottle of clairfying shampoo that I haven't used in a while.. so 4 total...

Ronnieaj

For real, let me be honest. I have products that I know work for my hair, but I just like trying new stuff. Now that I know what ingredients my hair likes, I can better pick and choose what's likely to work well for me, so I don't have many "fails" anymore. But new products and brands come up, and I wanna know!!! So I know I have well in excess of 50, and I'm actually okay with that. I just can't buy anything for the rest of this year :yep:.

aishasoleil

I don't want to talk about it. As long as I ignore it, then it's not a problem. :look:

DH thinks I have a problem so he put me on a no-buy. He didn't even know what one was until he started looking over my shoulder while I was lurking on here. So I blame some of y'all talkin' to each other about "Girl, I'm on a no-buy" in the junkie threads. LOL! :rolleyes:

We compromised though. I said I would be willing to budget. So each month, I can buy whateverthehellIwantthankyouverymuch as long as I stay within/below said amount. And he. can't. complain. about. it.
He has no idea what he has done. *evil cackle*

Phaer

aishasoleil
Loll

I HAVE a lot of products BUT I haven't purchase anything (other than my Castor and coconut oils) in over a year. I have about 5 of those 3 drawer plastic bins full of hair products, plus a huge box of thermasilk conditioner (someone I knew gave them to me when she closed her store).

My problem is now I refuse to use some of the products I have because my hair feels like straw afterward, I don't want to give them to anyone I love And I hate the thought of wasting money. I now use some or them when I am scrubbing the tub. Lol
Someone please start a thread with ideas for alternate use or failed hair products.

Zaz

My problem is now I refuse to use some of the products I have because my hair feels like straw afterward, I don't want to give them to anyone I love And I hate the thought of wasting money. I now use some or them when I am scrubbing the tub. Lol
Someone please start a thread with ideas for alternate use or failed hair products.

I would still give them away, what was a fail for you might be a win for someone else. I'll give a disclaimer 1st but still give it away. I had mousse that was horrible on my hair but worked great on my cousin, and since I buy in bulk I gave her a couple of them :yep:

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I have 8 different products, but keep a few of each at home (ex. 7 joico MR conditioner liters).

FoxxyLocs

I don't have a lot.

2 shampoo bars
1 suave coconut conditioner
1 aussie moist conditioner
1 AOHSR conditioner
1 of each - crisco, rice bran oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, castor oil, flax seed oil, argan oil
1 bottle shea moisture curl smoothie? Something like that
1 super skinny serum (paul mitchell I think?)

I don't use very many products at all. I don't always use shampoo when I wash. I just add some oil to my DC and then seal with an oil and that's it. I do need to get some more aloe vera juice. I'm out right now.

ToSelahWithLove

I've got about 14-15. I'm proud though -- Most of it is my staples, with only a few left over things that I'll probably never use again.

choctaw

20+ ayurvedic powders/herbs (henna, amla, shikakai, neem, maka, brahmi, fenugreek, aritha, kapoor kachi, catnip, hibiscus)
9 conditioners (6 liter containers)
4 shampoo (2 liter containers)
6+ gels, leave-ins, pomade, mousse
12+ bottles/jars of oil

... need to buy more plastic caps soon ...

Lissa0821

I was proud of myself thinking I was over my PJ days so I answered the poll less than 10. But I when I looked into my cabinets. let's just say it more like 20. :look:

InBloom

In my new-growth
I was content to just vote, then read other posts. Then I came back to add this little rant....

I really resent the idea that "we" will buy up all kinds of products just to try to "grow" our hair long.

Its true that I'd like to have long hair, however, now that I'm better at taking care of the hair on my head, I ENJOY trying new things to see how my hair responds. I don't purchase things specifically for trying to grow my hair.....mainly because I know better. Now, I buy new things because I get excited about how my hair will look or feel after using that new thing. I don't know that I buy into product junky-ism per se. If I'm not missing out on my mortgage payment for purchasing hair conditioner...why is there a negative connotation attached to it? There are way worse things to splurge my money on. Rant concluding.