2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altruisticoam

Glad you're back! I did it once during my last relaxer stretch. It does work, but b/c I was about 16 weeks post, I couldn't actually measure how much growth I got. I plan to start Sunday and do it for 7 days straight.
I usually just do a yoga position (downward dog) or sit in a chair and bend over.

Please let us know how it works out for you.

Great! I'm so glad to hear it works! I'll update u when my 7 days are up.

SunySydeofLyfe

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

VICTORY CANTER 704-680-4285 NC. I copied that from my bank statement. I ordered from their online store.

I went to the health food store and got a bottle of orange essence, cant really tell if that is helping mask the smell but it wasnt so bad last night!!!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle VICTORY CANTER 704-680-4285 NC. I copied that from my bank statement. I ordered from their online store. I went to the health food store and got a bottle of orange essence, cant really tell if that is helping mask the smell but it wasnt so bad last night!!!

Thanks SunySydeofLyfe I didn't see the mtg, I might just go ahead and order from Amazon.

hothair

Anyone texlaxing? I went back to relaxing about 2 years ago, my hair has grown but the ends are never as thick as I would like, I have fine hair so decided to start texlaxing to leave some body in my hair with the length. Will report in here by December - I don't see any texlax threads anymore

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Anyone texlaxing? I went back to relaxing about 2 years ago, my hair has grown but the ends are never as thick as I would like, I have fine hair so decided to start texlaxing to leave some body in my hair with the length. Will report in here by December - I don't see any texlax threads anymore
Welcome. I'm texlaxed and several of the ladies in this thread are also texlaxed. I've only been texlaxing for about a year so I still have a significant amount of relaxed hair on the ends. I do think its much stronger than when I was relaxing regularly. Keep us posted on your progress.

klsjackson

mschristine klsjackson

I am 9 weeks post and trying to make it 2 or 3 more weeks. It seems that my relaxer will not be delayed by my New Growth but by my schedule. Football season leaves no free Saturdays. I to think that I had a protein overload, ONCE AGAIN. I think I left the Aphogee 2 minute on too long. Next time, no more than 5 minutes. I gave up on the 2 Step.

Ha! I am also dealing with protein overload. I used Affirm 5n1. I left it on for 30 minutes, but I should have only left it on for 15 max. I am currently 5 weeks post and plan to relax at the end of October. I have been dealing with extreme dryness and it seems like no conditioner can correct it. I am very frustrated. I think I will go back to DC on my hair while it is dry. I experienced good results with that method. Do you every DC on your hair before you wash?

Mande30

Ha! I am also dealing with protein overload. I used Affirm 5n1. I left it on for 30 minutes, but I should have only left it on for 15 max. I am currently 5 weeks post and plan to relax at the end of October. I have been dealing with extreme dryness and it seems like no conditioner can correct it. I am very frustrated. I think I will go back to DC on my hair while it is dry. I experienced good results with that method. Do you every DC on your hair before you wash?

klsjackson mschristine

I have never really intentionally DCed on dry hair, before my wash. But I do use an instant conditioner on my new growth during my pre poo. I wouldn't consider that DCing, but it seems to help........I am planning to relax next week, I am currently 10 WEEKS post. My last protein overload came from leaving product ( Aphogee 2 min) on too long also. You would think that after all my experiences with too much protein I would have it figured out.

klsjackson

klsjackson mschristine

I have never really intentionally DCed on dry hair, before my wash. But I do use an instant conditioner on my new growth during my pre poo. I wouldn't consider that DCing, but it seems to help........I am planning to relax next week, I am currently 10 WEEKS post. My last protein overload came from leaving product ( Aphogee 2 min) on too long also. You would think that after all my experiences with too much protein I would have it figured out.

Yeah, you think we both would have learned by now. I have had excellent results with ORS Mayo when I need protein. But someone gave me a brand new bottle of 5n1 and I was trying to use it since I no longer self relax. Oh well, I will stick with what works.

DominicanBrazilian82

Did I lose all of my buddies!?! I haven't been gone that long. Still haven't relaxed. Will be 26 weeks post on Saturday. I REALLY NEED A RELAXER. Did a lot of blow drying and flat ironing on my hiatus (In London planning an event with no access to my rollers or Pibbs). :wallbash: Not sure when Im gonna relax. Gotta get back on my schedule. Anybody 20 weeks post or more who wants to buddy up?

EnExitStageLeft

@xu93texas

Youre seriously awesome! :hug2: Are you pumped for reneice? I would be freaking out right now if I was you. Having that women play in my head would be a dream come true! I wonder if @dontspeakdefeat is looking for potential clients:look:. She's in GA and everytime she uploads a swang vid I drool a bit.

Last edited:

xu93texas

xu93texas Youre seriously awesome! :hug2: Are you pumped for reneice? I would be freaking out right now if I was you. Have that women play in my head would be a dream come true! I wonder if dontspeakdefeat is looking for potential clients:look:. She's in GA and I everytime she uploads a swang vid I drool a bit.

I'm so pumped up! You'd thought I won the lotto.

You should give Tameka a call when you're ready for something different. How far are you from ATL?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
@xu93texas @KiWiStyle @shortdub78 @yoli184 @Altruisticoam @soonergirl @SunySydeofLyfe @Cattypus1 I'm transitioning. :hide: Y'all aren't going to kick a sista' out are ya? Don't matter....Imma' still be here, PJ'in and all :shopping:.

EnExitStageLeft That's AWESOME!!! You definitely need to stick around so we can know which products work and which don't because you know you got the deets on everything!! I wish I had the courage to transition so until then, I'll live vicariously through you.

EnExitStageLeft

@KiWiStyle

It was hard for me to commit at first,but during my last wash day I fell madly in love with natural texture. Now I'm transitioning.

ANywho, I appreciate the support :hug2:

Last edited:

Evolving78

@xu93texas
@KiWiStyle
@shortdub78
@yoli184
@Altruisticoam
@soonergirl
@SunySydeofLyfe
@Cattypus1

I'm transitioning.

:hide:

Y'all aren't going to kick a sista' out are ya? Don't matter....Imma' still be here, PJ'in and all :shopping:.

wow! yeah, 'im gonna be the first to vote to kick you out the club! :lachen::lachen:
just joking!

but i think that long stretch bug got to you, so good luck on your transitioning journey! please still hang out with us, you are still team relaxed until the chop! :lol:

EnExitStageLeft

@shortdub78

Girllllllllllllll so I found your Fotki....don't ask me how :look:. I got ways :sekret::lachen:

ANYWHO, I didn't know you were natural at one point and just so you know I'll be stalking you for tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.