Relaxed heads: What is your staple relaxer?

Angelinhell

I'm trying to stick with one this year, but I still like to see if the next is better than the last.

Ors no lye- underprocessed

Vitale olive oil no lye- I like this one a lot, it's just so runny, it barely stays on the applicator brush.

Optimum Care no lye- hair was waaaaay to straight and dry. All the other components in the box sucked.

Silk elements olive oil no lye- used this for my last touchup, so far so good. It irks me that the neutralizing shampoo comes in a pouch instead of a bottle. I might be inaccurate because I added protein filler to it.

Anything by Revlon- Burns the crap out of me.

I have been wanting to try this one because it comes with a chelating rinse.

Attachments

• a20791b1357285eb147625_m.jpg
    a20791b1357285eb147625_m.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Aggie

Affirm Creme Relaxer, lye formula, mild strength and I add sunflower oil and a mild protein conditioner to it to texlax my hair. I love this relaxer a lot, in fact, I'm using the whole system.

I also used Design Essentials lye, regular strength when I wore my hair bone straight and that was really good also.

I used Mizani Butter Blend in mild, lye just before switching to Affirm... also to texlax but for me, it got my hair straighter than I like.

Americka

Africa's Best no-lye... I have tried several others, but I keep coming back to this one. I won't be changing again.

EnExitStageLeft

When I was bonelaxed I used the Affirm Fiberguard, when I texlaxed I used Silk Elements in Mild and now that I'm texturizing I use Linange Shea Butter Texturizer (my fav thus far).

Angelicus

Hands down, Linange Shea Butter Relaxer. It is the ONLY relaxer that gets my hair straight. I've tried everything: silk elements, revlon, mizani, affirm, everything... Nothing gets my hair like that.

I don't care how much it costs-- it's a staple for life. Check my previous posts about the product.

Flor

Phyto II, but I'm seriously thinking about Linange. From what I've read, it seems to be an awesome Relaxer and Phyto is no longer agreeing with my hair.

Last edited:

CocoGlow

Lye based Linange Shea Butter Cream Texturizer = Awesome!

Very mild, no burning whatsoever (I should know...I used it 3x in one week! :blush:)

fancypants007

I relax my hair twice a year and started using Designer Touch last year and I absolutely love it! It's suppose to be a texturizer, but its a lye relaxer and they seem to do well for me.

hothair

I was using Phyto Index 1 for about 18 months and just tried Mizani Butterblend (tub) and loving my silky roots so far