• 31-40

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • 50+

Votes: 30 24.0%

• Total voters

xu93texas

Well, I guess I'm in the minority. I don't have very many product and I use what I have. The rule is to not buy anymore until it is used up. I call it being a better steward of the product. I have 3 shampoos (left over from the relaxed days) 2 deep conditioners, 1 cholesterol, 1 leave-in, 1 moisturizer, 2 oils, 1 polisher, 1 gel and that's it. Keeping it super simple.:spinning:
Wow, that is awesome. I really admire your self-control to abstain from purchasing new products. I, on the other hand, have about 75 individual hair products. And that's after selling some stuff and giving stuff away to my mom, sis, and SIL. One day I'll get to where you are- KISS :ohwell:

Zaz

InBloom said:
I was content to just vote, then read other posts. Then I came back to add this little rant....

I really resent the idea that "we" will buy up all kinds of products just to try to "grow" our hair long.

Its true that I'd like to have long hair, however, now that I'm better at taking care of the hair on my head, I ENJOY trying new things to see how my hair responds. I don't purchase things specifically for trying to grow my hair.....mainly because I know better. Now, I buy new things because I get excited about how my hair will look or feel after using that new thing. I don't know that I buy into product junky-ism per se. If I'm not missing out on my mortgage payment for purchasing hair conditioner...why is there a negative connotation attached to it? There are way worse things to splurge my money on. Rant concluding.

Before we start a slow clap for this rant, no one specifically said 'how many hair growing products do you own' :lol: You're the only one who made the direct correlation between being a pj and being obsessed with long hair.

I think most of the ladies on the board are PJs, and there is a bit of guilt associated with it cuz of all the money spent.

I doubt anyone on the nail forum owns 30 bottles of OPI to 'grow their nails'

Bozcurls

My hair products have nothing on my wash,lotion and skin care product supply. I have three bottles of conditoner, two shampoos, one bottle of hair lotion and a jar of curls unleashed. Oh and a bottle of evoo.

Lilmama1011

I actually thought I had a lot of products but in reality when I moved and packed my hair products I don't have much, I have a lot of accessories than hair products

Kindheart

Too many ,it's been like this for 10 years :nono:

To give an approximate figure i probably have 60+

Last edited:

Shaima

Hello ladies, I'm new in here! Regarding the number of products I don't keep many.. I mean I prefer quality over quantity. I try to purchase high end products (kerastase) which I have been using for over 10 yrs. I have recently added Macademia products which I love.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Mmm lemme see...

2 DCers
3 Shampoos
3 Protein conditioners
1 leave-in
1 butter
7 oils
1 heat protectant
2 gels

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I have my staples and then some add ons:

1 Tresemme Naturals conditioner bottle ( i usually buy 2 at a time)

1 Tresemme Naturals shampoo
1 EcoStyler gel
1 Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
1 BTZ Noodle Head Curl Cream
1 SM Curl and Style Milk
1 Suave coconut

That's my arsenal....i need to restock on deep conditioner tho...in trying to narrow it down to just 4 daily products and a deep conditioner.

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Last edited:

TheMenAllPause

I have about 30 different products...I'm a recovering PJ but I relapse every now and then. Mostly for conditioners I have my shampoo narrowed down to 2 products.

Angelinhell

Not many, I just purchased the big sizes of what I plan on using for a while( challenging myself to one line).

1 clarifying/chelating shampoo
1 moisturizing shampoo
1 neutralizing shampoo(used only on relaxer day)
1 scalp base(used only on relaxer day)

2 reconstructors
1 moisturizing deep conditioner
1 creamy leave in
1 liquid leave in
1 setting lotion

I've been debating whether or not I need serum or oil.

leiah

4 conditioners
2 shampoos
3 gels
1 curl cream
2 leave ins
2 oils

i moved last month and gave away a huge shopping bag FULL of hair products! trying to narrow it down even more.

FoxxyLocs

I have about 30 products total. Most of that is oils, which I am using up and will only repurchase the ones I really liked. Then I have 1 shampoo, 4 conditioners, 3 heat protectants, wrap foam, setting lotion, gel, holding cream, raw honey, and crisco.

Most of my products are cheap and last a long time. Once I buy something I use it all before I buy something new, unless it doesn't work for me.

I do spend more money on my hair tools, but those are one time purchases, so that's ok.

Sent from my HTC Evo

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
About 6 or 7 non protein & Protein moisturizers
2 Shampoos
2 Conditioners
4 heat protectants
5 or 6 Essential Oil
Sublimed sulfur jar
1 Shine serum
2 jars of DC treatment
about 6 or 7 Replenishing Paks.

IronButterfly

I refuse to count.:nono: Suffice it to say, mine are all write-offs, so I don't feel too bad, especially now that I have more on the way!

irisak

Enough to fill a twenty gallon storage container (i just moved so I know lol)

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

Ogoma

I have my stash down and I am hoping to keep it that way.

At the moment, I have:
2 Cleansers
13 Co-wash Conditioners (but I go through these quickly so they don't count)
5 Rinse-out Conditioners
3 Deep Conditioners/Deep Treatment
7 Leave-in Conditioners/Moisturizers
1 Butter/4 Styler/Gels
3 - 32 oz container of oils

hothair

Amazingly less than 20. Once I got myself a solid reggie my pjism dropped off infact for the first time in years I only have a bottle of protein conditioner left.

hannan

A lot. The stuff I bought on bf is still going. Other than 2 things I got in feb, haven't bought anything since.

JessieLeleB

1 organic shampoo

1 organic conditioner for cowashes and deep conditions

2 moisturizers QB

1 Oil mix

2 protein treatments 2 step and 2 min

7 items! That's I've used for the same year and my hair loves it!

soulglo

around 15
actually...
let me list them
some are almost empty

Jojoba Oil (occasional use moreso for winter scalp dryness)
Coconut Oil (pre poo and nail treatment)
Tea Tree Oil (rare use mix to treat breakouts and dandruff)
Castor Oil (sealing)
Acv (porosity)
Eden Coconut Co-wash (rare use)
Shea Moisture Raw Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curling Smoothie
Qhemet BRC
Qhemet Gel
Giovanni Direct Leave In (almost fully empty)
Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner
Aubrey GPB Conditioner
Megatek (almost fully empty)
Aloe Vera Juice (don't use)
green eco styler (don't use)

2 ORS Sample Packets (not using)

the only new product that i'm looking to get will be a reconstructor to replace megatek. i'm eyeing komoza care's
i have some of my staples so i'm pretty solid once most of these things are entirely used up

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Lets see: (these are my staples. Each has different purpose---wash n go, deep con, prepoo, co wash, styling, edge control, and flat ironing)

Strinillah deep condish
Moisture Pro
Moisture 24/7
Vo5 Kiki lime
Njoy hair oil
Kkkt condish
Kccc gel
4 jars of different Eco styler gel
2 jars of different ampro gel
Hot six oil
Tressemme deep cleansing poo
Amla cream rinse